Princess Upgrades

geosand

We are relatively new cruisers and are considering a fall cruise on the Grand. The price differential between an inside and balcony is $2000 per person so I am tempted to go with inside cabin. What are the odds that princess will offer us an upgrade ( for a fee) as the departure date approaches. I have had this experience on Oceania but not familiar with Princess

Thanks

We are relatively new cruisers and are considering a fall cruise on the Grand. The price differential between an inside and balcony is $2000 per person so I am tempted to go with inside cabin. What are the odds that princess will offer us an upgrade ( for a fee) as the departure date approaches. I have had this experience on Oceania but not familiar with Princess

Thanks

Normally, Princess does not offer upgrades for a fee. They do complimentary upgrades (no charge), but these are usually upgrades to the same type of stateroom. Lower inside to a higher inside, lower outside to a higher outside.

Yes, occasionally some receive those magic complimentary upgrades that go up to the next level, but not very often anymore.

I would suggest you book your inside and then watch the pricing. If balcony staterooms happen to drop in price, you can 'self upgrade' by paying the difference between the two yourself. But don't wait to be contacted by Princess with an offer to pay more for an upgrade, you will have to be the one to watch for those price drops. Much of this will depend on how well your sailing is selling in those balcony categories. If bookings are slow (which aren't usual on Princess) then pricing will drop. If bookings are good, they will not drop the price as they are selling well enough to get the going rate. Good luck!

If you get a complimentary upgrade from an inside to a balcony, I want you to pick 6 numbers for me so I can go buy a lottery ticket :D

Seriously though, as Toto said, your best bet is to watch the pricing frequenty, right up until the time of final payment. You may find that the price of your balcony cabin may come down to the point it becomes affordable. That is really your best shot.

If you get a complimentary upgrade from an inside to a balcony, I want you to pick 6 numbers for me so I can go buy a lottery ticket :D

Seriously though, as Toto said, your best bet is to watch the pricing frequenty, right up until the time of final payment. You may find that the price of your balcony cabin may come down to the point it becomes affordable. That is really your best shot.

As said above, watch the price. Our last four have been upgraded(in the same category) when getting a guarantee room.

Have Fun

Archived