Barcelona Departure

TMaine

Not a problem. Takes about 30 minutes.

Plenty of taxis available at a cost of about 25 - 30 Euro. Or if you want peace of mind the ships transfers cost equivalent of 19 Euros per person each way and the earliest departure flight time they allow is 10.00 am.

Hi we are flying from Barcelona on the 30th March and we have an 11.00 am flight booked.

Your flight time should be fine it is about a 20 mins cab ride, mind you the traffic can be pretty bad depending on what day and how many ships are in port.

It might be worth booking a cruise ship transfer, a bit more money probably, but lots of peace of mind. From memory I think the taxi fare is around 30 Euros.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Jem

One thing you will want to keep in mind if you are taking a taxi is the taxi stand can get a very big line so you will want to get off and in line as early as possible. We got off early and had about a 20 minute wait after the cruise but remember that it looked like an hour wait when we were being dropped off at the start of the cruise.

We are staying at extra day in BCN to avoid the crowds. It is a little cheaper flying home on Sunday versus Saturday. Also I don't want to be stressed on the last day when flying home. I thought 10AM was going to be a bit too early and it would be my luck that the fisherman would be on strike or some other reason the BCN port would close.

we also stayed over an extra day in BCN --had a great tour to Montserrat & dinner on Las Ramblas & a very easy trip to the airport the following day-no rushing or stress! The earlier times work out fine if there are no glitches...but sometimes there are glitches.....

today we changed our return on our next cruise to stay an extra day--(Rome) when Delta moved our flight to 10:30am from 12:30--out of our comfort zone..

when we were there on Brilliance, we were nervous about making our 10;30 flight but in the end, wound up sitting at the gate for well over 2 hours. The airport is very efficient and it was easy to get to from the ship.

Archived