Quest - Black Sea - July 12, 2009

BloominCruisin

It is the same on our trip - we believe there has been a strong marketing drive in Germany so you may find that many cruisers are not aware of CC and English may not be their language

I have keeping an eye on the July 12 cruise since a couple of month and coul not see any special prices or other marketing, which should lead to a high number of bookings from here. Prices are more or less the same than on US market (cabin proces are slighly lower, but no goodies like prepaid gratuities, special airfare etc). The proces for balcony went own roughly 300 Euro during the last month though.

I might book during the next days, but latest reviews are not very favourable....

I have keeping an eye on the July 12 cruise since a couple of month and coul not see any special prices or other marketing, which should lead to a high number of bookings from here. Prices are more or less the same than on US market (cabin proces are slighly lower, but no goodies like prepaid gratuities, special airfare etc). The proces for balcony went own roughly 300 Euro during the last month though.

I might book during the next days, but latest reviews are not very favourable....

What reviews are you speaking of that are not favorable?

Jancruz1

If it helps you Renz, we were on Quest and will be on the Black Sea cruise that goes in late August. We submitted a positive review (and it was acknowledged and we were told it was being posted) over a month ago but it has not made it to the review section yet. Do not worry about recent Quest posts - there were unusual circumstances on the Far East cruises re viruses brought on board and not surprisingly they impacted on people's cruise experience - but we for one will be back again in the summer rather than any other ship we could have gone on

The prices just dropped for July 12 sailing, and Azamara is still offering free gratuities and a ship board credit. I believe they expire the end of this month. Check the roll-calls for this cruise, you can see some of the private tours a group of us are taking.

What reviews are you speaking of that are not favorable?

Jancruz1

Hello, I meant the latest review (Quest the plaque ship) and the report about the Singapore cruises here in the board section. I would not be too worried, if many of the things were not familiar to me. We sailed Quest in December 2007 (Panama) and had very similar complaints (especially dining rooom service and foo quality) as they are raised now. As at those times the hotel director (the German lady who is still in charge) promised all these things were only because of the brand new crew etc and everything would be much better very soon we were (and are) thinking to give it a second try. But now I read the same things (and this include the virus, who "visited the ship also in 2007, which did not come as a surprise for many of the passengers as noboy took care then about hand desinfection etc.)

• 2 weeks later...
The prices just dropped for July 12 sailing, and Azamara is still offering free gratuities and a ship board credit. I believe they expire the end of this month. Check the roll-calls for this cruise, you can see some of the private tours a group of us are taking.

I have this terrible feeling that a connections party is going to be very unlikely on our cruise in June.

I suspect that the economy is really hurting the bookings on this itinerary.

I hate it when that happens. :eek:

Do not worry you will still get a party but will not get personalised invites; you will need to keep an eye on the daily schedule - it will not be advertised but will be listed in the activities of the day. It is usually at 1100 in the Looking Glass Lounge. It will be a lovely get together - champagne, savouries, the Captain tries to come to it

Celebrity and Azamara will arrange a special party for Cruise Critic members on the first or second day of the cruise so everyone who has been writing to each other can meet. But, for the party to occur, 25 Cruise Critic members must register on the Azamara site before sailing.

What cruise are you sailing on?

Archived