Paying to upgrade at pier

katt1

aka, the upgrade fairy.

Just kidding.

Erica, sprinkle some JS dust on our VOTS cruise on Easter.

Are you and Jeff going to join us? Looked last night like the ship is nearly sold out, but then again with the Tuesday sale it could have been a lot of held cabins.

I'll sprinkle for ya. I won't be able to go as I'm booked solid with weddings. Making money has to come first when you lose your job :)

Definitely understand the need there. Glad your wedding business is going well!!! :)

This is a quote from the Pier Coordinator from Galveston.

cruiseloverandagent is a pier coordinator in Galveston. ;)

I realize that but someone who knows something about the upgrades at other piers may read this board as well and be able to answer the question. Or some one who has upgraded in Miami would know.

I see on the list the upgrade from Balcony to Suite is 400.00 I assume this is a Jr. Suite. There are none of these available for 3 so that won't work but there is a Grand Suite available. On the list it says 1000.00 for Royal Suite what would be the up charge for Grand anyone know.... More than 400 less than 1000.00 but how much?

The prices I quoted were from the Explorer of the Seas in 2004, but it has been the same price on several cruises I have taken including when I sailed on Liberty of the Seas in Jan 2008. . .The prices were the same ! The list above is for 7 Night Cruises Only !

No upgrade for me that time. . . They had a lot of U/G's for Balconies though. . but I was already in one.

I think that RCI will always offer this. There can be alot of Revenue generated from empty cabins. . .

RCI Wins, and the customer wins (those who get an U/G). . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here is the Pier Coordinators Desk In Miami !

MPIER3.JPG

The P/C Desk is all the way to the right of the Main Check In Counters. . .

Here it is. . .

MPIER2.JPG

Thanks for the pics. I will definitely check this out in November. Even if the prices have gone up some, they still seem like a great bargain. Right now, it is over $700 a person to go from a Superior Balcony to a Junior Suite. If there are any suites still available, to only have to pay $400 - $500 for the whole cabin would be a bargain.

I see on the list the upgrade from Balcony to Suite is 400.00 I assume this is a Jr. Suite. There are none of these available for 3 so that won't work but there is a Grand Suite available. On the list it says 1000.00 for Royal Suite what would be the up charge for Grand anyone know.... More than 400 less than 1000.00 but how much?

Any Balcony to any JS/GS/RFS/OS is the same upgrade cost. . .$400 per Cabin.

Radio

Can anyone tell me where the pier coordinator is located in Orlando?

In Pt Canaveral, the check in is divided into 2 sections,as you walk in.............. pier coordinator is to the left section........and usually all the way to the right of that left section(if that makes sense:p)

Thank you so much for such great information. i had no idea. i thought only guest relations desk could do it and even there we had no luck.

i will try again this coming fall. does anyone know where pier coordinatior is located at cape liberty?

Good to see you again! I've sort of been under the radar for awhile, but hope to cruise with you and the "gang" sometime in the future!!!

I'll be cruising on the Freedom with my daughter on May 24.....she's a newbie and I can hardly wait to see the excitement in her eyes!

Barb

Good to see you again! I've sort of been under the radar for awhile, but hope to cruise with you and the "gang" sometime in the future!!!

I'll be cruising on the Freedom with my daughter on May 24.....she's a newbie and I can hardly wait to see the excitement in her eyes!

Barb

stop by the old thread.we're still there..........

urwelcome! It doesnt go unnoticed! :D

:D:p:)

Radio..... where is the pier coordinator in Miami in relationship to the Platinum check in.... I will be happy with the cabin I have but would be estatic with an upgrade!

The Pier Coordinator in Miami is all the way to the right of the Check In stations, in a small room. . .

Radio

MPIER2.JPG

MPIER4.JPG

• 4 months later...

Archived