Bus to Tarquinia

I am organizing the pages of information that I have gathered here on CC for our upcoming Med cruise and noticed that I don't know where the bus station is to catch the bus to Tarquinia. Is the bus station part of the train station? If so, I do know how to get there. If not, where is it?

Thanks again!:D

Ellen

I am organizing the pages of information that I have gathered here on CC for our upcoming Med cruise and noticed that I don't know where the bus station is to catch the bus to Tarquinia. Is the bus station part of the train station? If so, I do know how to get there. If not, where is it?

Thanks again!:D

Ellen

There is no bus station (to speak of) in Civitavecchia. It is a small covered area across the street from a church.

Starting from the from of the McDonalds (near the port entrance) - with your back to McDonalds, turn to your left. Walk to the second street (2 short blocks.) The main roads turns to the left, which is where you want to go. As you turn to the left, there is a newstand where you buy your tickets (be certain to get 'andata e ritorno' (round trip.) You will be walking slightly uphill. On your left, about 2 short blocks, you will see the bus covered waiting area. This is where the bus leaves for Tarquinia. Returns to same spot also.

Tarq_BusStop.jpg

Enjoy your visit. We did.

We are on the Norwegian Jade stopping in Civitavecchia on November 12th. Was thinking about going to Tarquinia on a NCL excursion. It is an interesting place to visit? Is it easy to do on your own? How much is the bus, and any things to be aware of in taking the bus to/from there? Was in Rome for 4 days after a transatlantic cruise about a year ago, so I am not interested in doing a whirlwind tour of Rome.

We are on the Norwegian Jade stopping in Civitavecchia on November 12th. Was thinking about going to Tarquinia on a NCL excursion. It is an interesting place to visit? Is it easy to do on your own? How much is the bus, and any things to be aware of in taking the bus to/from there? Was in Rome for 4 days after a transatlantic cruise about a year ago, so I am not interested in doing a whirlwind tour of Rome.

Taking the bus from Civitavecchia to Tarquinia is very easy. About a 20-25 minute trip. If I remember correctly our RT tickets (2 people) were a total of 7,50 euro. When you buy your tickets at the newstand, ask for a schedule so that you will know the available buses to return.

We went to Tarquenia on our way to the port last year. We had booked a tour with Rome Cabs. Anyway, I had a great couple of hours there--we went to the little town of Tarquenia walked around a bit and had lunch, then to the Etruscan burial grounds and then to a local B&B for wine and olive oil tastings... I loved it so much that we are going back for 3 days precruise and staying at the B&B. I want to go to the Etruscan museum this time!!!

Sorry I can't help with the transportation questions.. but however you get there, I'm sure you will love it.

Jill

There is no bus station (to speak of) in Civitavecchia. It is a small covered area across the street from a church.

Starting from the from of the McDonalds (near the port entrance) - with your back to McDonalds, turn to your left. Walk to the second street (2 short blocks.) The main roads turns to the left, which is where you want to go. As you turn to the left, there is a newstand where you buy your tickets (be certain to get 'andata e ritorno' (round trip.) You will be walking slightly uphill. On your left, about 2 short blocks, you will see the bus covered waiting area. This is where the bus leaves for Tarquinia. Returns to same spot also.

Enjoy your visit. We did.

To supplement earlier post, I have added something to my web site that I have intended to do for weeks. Go to www.ftroute.com/tarquinia.cfm for a map and several pics.

Taking the bus from Civitavecchia to Tarquinia is very easy. About a 20-25 minute trip. If I remember correctly our RT tickets (2 people) were a total of 7,50 euro. When you buy your tickets at the newstand, ask for a schedule so that you will know the available buses to return.

Thank you for your very helpful posts, beautiful pictures, and maps. I loved reading your website about places I've been. I get knots in my stomach from your "almost misses" in Livorno and Venice. We had a similiar experience in Livorno last time. My husband still hasn't recovered.

I've printed off your other tips for the ports we will be visiting next month.

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise and your beautiful dogs with all of us.

Madison Bay AKA ESSLover (English Springer Spaniel Lover)

Archived