Flybe airlines carry-on luggage question

SeaGypsies

I want to be prepared for the baggage restrictions that Flybe has listed on their website. It says that each passenger is allowed one carry-on weighing no more than 10kg (and with certain dimensions). I realize this means that you cannot also carry a purse, camera, or laptop on your body at the same time when boarding the plane.

My question is.....can you pack your laptop, purse, or camera inside your roll-on carry-on and it still be considered one carry-on???? :confused: Also, assuming this keeps your carry-on case at the 10kg maximum weight. Do you have to declare you have a laptop or camera in your carry-on?

Thanks for all responses.

What you have in your carryon is only limited by the restrictions of the airline (size/weight) and security issues (knives, guns, water...). You can have bag inside bag inside bag, as long as it stays within the airline guideline.

My wife often has a purse inside her carry-on.

I'm don't know anything about that carrier in particular, but yes, the bag in a bag should be okay.

However, every carrier I've ever flown on (United, US Air, Detla, and Northwest) have allowed 1 carry-on and one personal item (purse, briefcase, etc.) that can fit under the seat in front of you. You may want to double check just in case!

However, every carrier I've ever flown on (United, US Air, Detla, and Northwest) have allowed 1 carry-on and one personal item (purse, briefcase, etc.) that can fit under the seat in front of you. You may want to double check just in case!

The bag + personal item is the norm in North America, but not in most of the rest of the world. OP is on FlyBE - which has a different standard. In general, if you aren't on a USA domestic flight, or a USA airline on a flight to/from North America, you won't get as generous an allowance.

General advice: Low-cost carriers outside the US are usually more restrictive than here, as Flyer Talker said. More important, they are very diligent and strict about weight and size rules, as it's a major moneymaker. Overseas airlines in general tend to have their baggage rules based primarily on weight instead of number of pieces. People often think they won't notice a few kilos over, or a small extra purse...they usually do and you see people repacking and redistributing their stuff on the floors of terminals worldwide!

• 3 weeks later...
The bag + personal item is the norm in North America, but not in most of the rest of the world. OP is on FlyBE - which has a different standard.
In addition, all of FlyBe's fleet could be described as "regional aircraft", to which different rules can apply (I believe even in North America).

Archived