fuel surcharge refund

iwunderu

Why do they have to make things so difficult?

While on our cruise Feb 9-14 we expected an OBC for the fuel surcharge. When we didn't get it , I inquired at the pursers desk. I was given a letter that they are refunding it back to your charge card and if you haven't rec'd it in 3 weeks to call.

First of all the number on the letter was transposed. I called the normal Carnival booking line and found out that the number was transposed. I got transfered to the correct department and they wouldn't speak to me about it because I booked this through my Seamiles card. SOaB!

So I look up the # to the Seamiles folks (who I would not recommend...you can get better points for other travel through Citi) and get caught in the automated he!! and just choose a number to get a live person. I explain the situation to him and to his credit was nice and helpful. He put me on hold and calls Carnival. After a long while he comes back and tells me that they (Seamiles) rec'd the refund but didn't know what it was for and sent it back to Carnival. Carnival just got that back and I should see the refund on my cc within 7-10 business days.

I think they would have kept my money had I not called.

In contrast, Royal Caribbean just gave me an OBC like I expected the week before.

Maybe i am confused!! Does everyone get a fuel surcharge refund! What exactly is this? Please explain!!! Lol

The only people who get a refund are those who sailed after Carnival dropped it again. I sailed last year and had to pay the surcharge. Fuel prices were high so no refund. When prices dropped Carnival dropped the fuel surcharge and credited those on future sailings that already paid it.

They do reserve the right to add the surchage back anytime before your cruise if the price rises again. So you could have your cruise paid off and then have to pay the fuel surchage before sailing. It all depends on fuel prices.

not to be rude, but if you stayed on top of things and did your homework you would have known what was going on. Carnival had a recording explaining before Feb 7th cruises the credit would go back to how you paid for the cruise or taken off your final payment if you still owed. The info was all over cruise critic and all over Carnival.com. It was YOUR card companies fault they sent the credit back to Carnival not Carnival's.

not to be rude, but if you stayed on top of things and did your homework you would have known what was going on. Carnival had a recording explaining before Feb 7th cruises the credit would go back to how you paid for the cruise or taken off your final payment if you still owed. The info was all over cruise critic and all over Carnival.com. It was YOUR card companies fault they sent the credit back to Carnival not Carnival's.

Well your tone is rude so I do take offense.

I was planning my wedding and honeymoon so please forgive my lack of "doing my homework".

Besides the last I saw was a release that it was to be an OBC...why should I ever imagine that they would change what they stated they would do?

Ous was credited back to our credit card before we even sailed, another reason to book with carnival

Agreed. I am still irked that Carnival wouldn't talk to me directly about MY cruise on THEIR ship that had already taken place. I had to go through the 3rd party that I used based upon THEIR solicitation to ME.

It will not stop me from sailing with them but I did let them know I was not happy.

I will not use the Seamiles card for any rewards in the future. I will charge just enough to keep my line of credit open.

Archived