Sydney & Brisbane to welcome new superliners

"Brisbane will become the new homeport for P&O Cruises Pacific Dawn from Dec this year, instead of the Pacific Jewel,as was originally planned. It's the first time a superliner will be based in Brisbane.

Meanwhile, Pacific Dawn's sister ship, the new Pacifc Jewel will call Sydney home from 13 December.

Carnival Australia senior vp, Jenny Lourey, said the decision to base Pacific Jewel in Sydney, which features the biggest spa at sea in this region, was prompted by research findings showing Sydneysiders were more focused on relaxing and taking time out for themselves.

Itineraries for the superliners will be available for sale from this Saturday.

P&O Cruises says that passengers booked on affected cruises departing from Dec this year will be automatically transferred onto another voyage close to their original itinerary."

Souce Cruise weekly breaking news.

Kind regards

Michael

"Brisbane will become the new homeport for P&O Cruises Pacific Dawn from Dec this year, instead of the Pacific Jewel,as was originally planned. It's the first time a superliner will be based in Brisbane.

Meanwhile, Pacific Dawn's sister ship, the new Pacifc Jewel will call Sydney home from 13 December.

Carnival Australia senior vp, Jenny Lourey, said the decision to base Pacific Jewel in Sydney, which features the biggest spa at sea in this region, was prompted by research findings showing Sydneysiders were more focused on relaxing and taking time out for themselves.

Itineraries for the superliners will be available for sale from this Saturday.

P&O Cruises says that passengers booked on affected cruises departing from Dec this year will be automatically transferred onto another voyage close to their original itinerary."

Souce Cruise weekly breaking news.

Kind regards

Michael

I would not describe these two ships as super liners, given their age and design. More like hand me downs!

I would not describe these two ships as super liners, given their age and design. More like hand me downs!

Agreed! I'd like to see why they feel they can be called "superliners."

Compounding that is this statement in their release elsewhere: "We will not be communicating directly to your clients as we are so far from sailing,

therefore, please ensure your clients are kept updated with the changes to their booking."

So if the agent doesn't get in touch for whatever reason (which is not unknown), passengers will have ships and may even have dates and itineraries changed on them without any notification.

So I guess if the Pacific Dawn is now sailing from Brisbane, that their may be a chance that she may come over here to NZ for the winter months. (Unless NZ is getting the Pacific Pearl or the Pacific Pearl is going to do a stint over here during the winter months.)

I think they are calling them Superliners in reference to the previous ships we have had.

If their hand me downs they`ll do me:):)

I think the title Superliner has more to do with their size than anything else. If I remember correctly I read somewhere that if the ship is greater than 70,000 tonnes it is a Superliner.

Cheers,

Charmain:)

With new ships coming in the near future, with the capacity of carrying 4,000 + passengers,I would say that they are the super liners.

I never liked crowds anyway.

I would say the greatest super liner ever built was the Titanic

I am yet to be told anything by my TA, But according to my cruise personaliser, my W934 cruise on PD 9th Dec has droped from 9 to 8 nights and the ports have changed from: Villa, Ouveau, Isle of Pines to all New Caledonia - Poum, Isle of Pines, Noumea.

Cant say i'm overly happy,:( but what can you do????

Archived