Alaska is much more difficult than the Caribbean!

lovebug33

Here is another option for fingerless gloves:

http://www.wristies.com/

This past Christmas I made them for all our photographer friends and they love them. I bought a yard of polar fleece for less than $8, made several pair and still have fleece left. They work great to keep your hands warm on glacier days but keep your fingers free to work the camera. I actually used a full glove on my left hand and a wristie on my right hand. My DH and I shared one pair. :D My full gloves are fleece with leather palms and are made by Head. They are light weight but warm. I got them at Costco several years ago.

I think the most important piece of clothing for AK is a breathable, waterproof, hooded jacket. I have an LLBean Gore-tex jacket and love it. It worked great on our 2nd and 3rd AK cruises. I sure wish I had had it on our 1st AK cruise. I got very wet in my water-resistant jacket.

Here is another option for fingerless gloves:

http://www.wristies.com/

This past Christmas I made them for all our photographer friends and they love them. I bought a yard of polar fleece for less than $8, made several pair and still have fleece left. They work great to keep your hands warm on glacier days but keep your fingers free to work the camera. I actually used a full glove on my left hand and a wristie on my right hand. My DH and I shared one pair. :D My full gloves are fleece with leather palms and are made by Head. They are light weight but warm. I got them at Costco several years ago.

I think the most important piece of clothing for AK is a breathable, waterproof, hooded jacket. I have an LLBean Gore-tex jacket and love it. It worked great on our 2nd and 3rd AK cruises. I sure wish I had had it on our 1st AK cruise. I got very wet in my water-resistant jacket.

Never heard of these. They would be so easy to make. Thanks for the link and idea.

Archived