Embarkation Day - Leave Ship After Check-In?

noelr

I'm flying in to the port of embarkation early on the day that the cruise begins. I'm hoping that I can check in and drop my luggage off, eat onboard, and then tour the city for several hours before the boat departs in the evening.

Does Azamara allow passengers to come and go freely on embarkation day, or must we remain on the ship after checking in?

Thanks

I'm flying in to the port of embarkation early on the day that the cruise begins. I'm hoping that I can check in and drop my luggage off, eat onboard, and then tour the city for several hours before the boat departs in the evening.

Does Azamara allow passengers to come and go freely on embarkation day, or must we remain on the ship after checking in?

Thanks

Absolutely, not a problem..

Jancruz1

• 2 weeks later...

Generally speaking, you don't check in to the boat until after 2:00pm. Most of the time you can expect a short lineup depending on your boarding priority. Suite and Captain Club can board first before others. Since the ship will leave the port at around 7:00pm, you would have little time to see the city. (just in case you taxi get stuck in the traffic). Although you are allowed to leave ship after you check-in, it is not recommended because they might leave without you.

Eddy

Thanks

The Quest in Hong Kong had to be super cleaned due to Noro and passenger were only allowed on after 5:30 pm so because we arrived early we checked in did all the paper work, left our luggage and off we went back to town... Once all the paperwork is done and you are officially checked in then all you have to do is be back at the ship 30 -45 min prior to sailing. However beware you MUST BE CHECKED IN!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The boarding time for cruises varies. Many of the Caribbean cruises leaving from Miami board around 2 p.m. In Puerto Rico, boarding is allowed by 11 a.m. even though the ship doesn't sail until late evening. In otehr ports, the time is also different but you'll certainly be able to leave the ship and tour the port city after checking in if there's time. Just don't cut things too short getting back on board!

Archived