what was your most scenic cruise

karen327

That's a toss up, Canada/New England and Alaska. Different scenery, but both were very scenic.

I think New England/Canada offered the best scenery down the St. Lawrence River and the Saguenay Fjord.

But Tracy Arm and Glacier Bay on the Alaska cruise are right up there too.

I have to agree Alaska has awsome scenery. Just the wildlife along is unforgettable( bears, whales, eagles, sealions/otters ect. ect.), not to mention the glaciers. We will be doing South America next spring and I hear that also has fabulous scenery.

We did a Tahiti and French Polynesia cruise a few months ago, and the views and scenery were breathtaking. So for me, that's my current choice.

But my DD and I are taking an Alaska cruise in September, and from what I've read and heard, the beauty of the scenery there may eclipse the South Pacific, which, in my mind, is hard to imagine.

Can't wait to find out which one will be my choice for the most spectacular scenery! They are so diverse, that maybe I won't be able to choose one over the other.

We have done Alaska and really enjoyed it, but because we live in similar surroundings, I would have to say the trip we took through the Panama Canal was the most scenic. Absolutely amazing scenery, and the engineering that went into was just mind blowing.

I've had 2 that are memorable to me.

First one was a cruise on the Rhine. It was during "Rhein en Flammen" time. In addition to the most awesome scenery and ship, the Festival was astounding.....

Then, cruised the Danube from Passau to Budapest on the Mozart. The approach to Budapest by river is breathtaking.... The whole cruise was one wonder after another.......

This has been dubbed as the World's Most Scenic cruise and we have to agree with it - twice.

Hurtigruten's Norwegian Coastal Voyage cruises.

Nothing will ever beat this.

We have been to beautiful ports, islands, lands etc with NCL, but this is not "cruising". The Hurtigruten cruises really blew us away and I have over a thousand of photos to prove.

We did a Tahiti and French Polynesia cruise a few months ago, and the views and scenery were breathtaking. So for me, that's my current choice.

But my DD and I are taking an Alaska cruise in September, and from what I've read and heard, the beauty of the scenery there may eclipse the South Pacific, which, in my mind, is hard to imagine.

Can't wait to find out which one will be my choice for the most spectacular scenery! They are so diverse, that maybe I won't be able to choose one over the other.

To me, there is no comparison whatsoever. Bora Bora, Moorea, et all, far outdistance the scenic beauty of Alaska. At least in my eyes.

I would have to say Antarctica. It is very scenic and unspoiled. I was very fortunate to have landings there. On that same trip we went to Iguassu Falls which is also incredible.

Fran

Archived