tell me why I should choose millie or noordan

carol allen

Can anyone tell me the great things about Millie

I am debating whether to switch to Celebrity from HAL

any help is appreciated

DH and I love good entertainment at night, love to dance and listen to great modern music, also love good food and relaxation

any thoughts

thanks so much Carol

any help is appreciated

DH and I love good entertainment at night, love to dance and listen to great modern music, also love good food and relaxation

any thoughts

thanks so much Carol

Hi Carol

We cruised Noordam Xmas 2007 - after just 2 cruises with Celebrity. We have booked 4 more since then with Celebrity so that will give you an idea of our thoughts.

Here is a link to a review I did at the time, comparing HAL with Celebrity - it may be of some help.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=38438

Personally I don't think you will ever go wrong with Celebrity - HAL is ok, but we have found we get a lot better service on Celebrity. :D

Sue

Millie is the sister ship of the constellation. We have sailed on the Noordam and constellation. hands down given the choice we would pick the constellation. that is not to say that we would never sail on Noordam again but... We definitely prefer the Celebrity product.

We love HAL but we also enjoy Celebrity.

I guess it would also be helpful to know what itinerary you are looking at as that may make a difference.

For what you have said you're looking for, I think your best bet would be any of the Celebrity "M" Class ships, they are beautiful and have a younger minded crowd.

Regardless of which ship you choose, you are sure to have the time of your life as any day spent onboard a ship cruising is ten times better than the same amount of time spent on dry land ;).

any help is appreciated

any thoughts

thanks so much Carol

Hi Carol,

Here is the link to a review by someone who cruised B2B on X and HAL. They cruised on Westerdam and Millie.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=464069&highlight=millennium+westerdam

enjoyed the review from a "man's" point of view

it seems as both ships do well

as with others and from what I read - there seems to be a "younger" demographic on celebrity, food is about the same on both lines with entertainment being a little better on celebrity

it seems as both lines are very good

hard choice

thanks for the help

carol

We've sailed a number of M-Class ships and love the ships. Never on HAL, so can't compare. But here is what I loved about M-Class Celebrity:

- Aqua Spa Pool and Café. Forward on Resort Desk. Enclosed warm (almost hot tub) saltwater pool with jets to stand under for a massage. Steel lounges on the side with bubbles coming up. Fantastic. We usually get a room mid-ship, but on M-Class, we get one forward so we can run up in our robes and jump in every morning. The Spa Café has lighter fare with lots of fruits, egg-whites and so on. All free.

- Cova Café. Great specialty coffees and snacks. Beautiful European setting. Great place to Wifi and watch the world walk by.

- Like the CC class rooms. Larger balcony and upgraded balcony table/chair. Perfect for the expanded in-room breakfast menu available.

Compared to other lines we have sailed on (Princess, RCL, Carnival), we thought the service was a cut above. All were nice and loved ALL my cruises, but we go to Celebrity as our starting point.

All of this is very subjective, but isn’t it all, except for statistics, which we of course present in a subjective manner.

Denny

Our family sails both lines, choosing the ships we enjoy with each and looking at pricing and itinerary as we select our cruises. Often, we can book suites on HAL for far less, which we do. HAL is certainly quieter on the whole, but that is not a concern from my point of view. Our family makes our own entertainment, too, so we spend a good deal of time relaxing, reading, attending lectures. I guess we "use" the ships as resorts really, enjoying time to relax away from the business of life on shore. Service is excellent on both lines. Food is a bit better on Celebrity, but I like the alternative restaurant better on HAL. It is less formal and offers a good variety of very nice food. We have cruises booked on both lines currently. Maybe the best way to express what I like on each line is to list what I will miss from the other:

HAL

1. Their excellent, pillow top mattresses

2. The Crow's Nest, a beautiful forward observation lounge with recliners for reading comfortably.

3. The Pinnacle Grill, which has wonderful steaks and salads

4. The wrap-a-round teak decks with padded teak deck chairs

5. The Lido pool area, which is colorful and lively at lunch. It has a sliding dome for cooler climes.

6. The Library. Good selection of books, especially biographies and novels

7. The warm, friendly, charming crew

Celebrity:

1. The large suites, which are very comfortable

2. The food, which is quite good in the main dining room

3. The classic, sophisticated interior decoration of the ships

4. The lectures, which are often given by well-known authorities in their field

5. The entertainment, which is superior to HAL

6. The butlers, who are outstanding

Hi all

thank you for all your information

you are all "swaying" me to go with Celebrity

Like I said, our cruise onthe summit was the best cruise ever in the 8 or so we have done

I just have never wanted to fly to SJU for the cruise - I do not like flying at all

thanks

Carol

Hi Denny

No I don't think I did ask the same question on Hal

From looking at both threads for HAL and Celebrity - it seems as though celebrity will be a little livlier but maybe not as good of food or a new ship.

I hear the Millie is going in for rehab which will make it almost like a new ship

Carol

Archived