Samantha Brown on Carnival right now

CruisenLexie

In addition to being able to watch her show (onboard the Inspiration) on YouTube, you can also order the DVD through Carnival. I ordered it (FREE) last year prior to our office cruise on the same ship. That helped get everyone in "cruise mode"!

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/samantha_brown/great_cruise_weekend.aspx

Now I will have to keep my eyes peeled for her Freedom show!!

Tom

She taped a show on Freedom?

She was on our Freedom Cruise a couple weeks ago.

A very sweet and pretty lady. She was always willing to pose with anyone for pics.

Walked in the on deck for the cure walk.

She said she thinks the Freedom show will air in June.

You beat me to it Bobbie! I was just about to mention that Samantha was on our Freedom cruise! :) It was an 8 day eastern Caribbean cruise. She was always very nice and friendly whenever I saw her. She participated in different activities on the ship and she also filmed some of the port excursions so it should be an interesting show when it finally airs.

One thing I took a little bit of pride in on board was when Todd (CD) mentioned on the first "morning show" on the big screen TV that there were several groups on board our sailing, and then mentioned our Cruise Critic group before he mentioned the Travel Channel. :D

Madelene

To try to get DH in more of a cruising spirit,I DVRed that show.I enjoyed it. At time I think Ms.Brown can be a bit stuck up. But during this episode,she seemd to really let her hair down and cut loose. She was wacky and goofy,to me. I quite enjoyed the show! I hope she had a good time,and had a good time on upcoming show. I am watching and DVRing EVERYTHING cruise related on Travel Channel these days.:). I enjoyed the behind the secene ktichen stuff,as I am a foodie.So to me that was cool. I agree with others about RC being the only line they show on there. I'm cruising Carnival,and sometimes homeade You Tube video's just make me dizzy!lol.But I watch em anyway! Happy cruising to everyone!:)

I must be alone in that I don't particularly care for her. I get the distinct impression that she does not like cruises, and if I had not previously been on one, I don't think her shows would make me want to go on one.

Did anyone else feel like she was making "fun" of the midnite buffet she was highlighting on that show. (I knew that show must have been fairly old since they no longer do those.) That is what I get from her--that she is kind of "dis"ing the cruise.

I must be alone in that I don't particularly care for her. I get the distinct impression that she does not like cruises, and if I had not previously been on one, I don't think her shows would make me want to go on one.

Did anyone else feel like she was making "fun" of the midnite buffet she was highlighting on that show. (I knew that show must have been fairly old since they no longer do those.) That is what I get from her--that she is kind of "dis"ing the cruise.

She could be a little jaded. Afterall, she gets to travel to...well....pretty much everywhere and gets paid to so it. I suppose after visiting the far reaches of the world and seeing such awesome sights, a cruise around the Gulf of Mexico just doesn't hold the same magic for her as it does for us "commoners".:D;)

I've never seen her so cynical than in that show. She seemed to make fun of everything. Her comment about getting drunk was wierd. I've seen it a few times and thought she short changed Carnival. Never saw her Cat 11 room either.

She stayed in S1 (Owner's Suite). For the show they also had her walking down a regular guest corridor, as if her room was there. It was not! It was only really obvious when they showed her bathroom. Here's a photo from S1 showing the bathroom (the sinks at any rate)!

215861256_r6AG7-M.jpg

I notice she didn't get the smiles she expected when she said things like, "Thanks for nothing" (at the roulette table) or "Say cheese right next to the cheese sculpture".

She's usually quite the drinker on her shows and this was no exception.

She was just being her (regular) wacky self... which I kind of like, though as is evident here, people can take it both ways.

Tom

She's usually quite the drinker on her shows and this was no exception.

My kinda girl...

I notice she didn't get the smiles she expected when she said things like, "Thanks for nothing" (at the roulette table) or "Say cheese right next to the cheese sculpture".

It was funny in Cozumel when she said a couple times, "People are taking a siesta..."

They were homeless people sleeping on a bench!

Sounds like something I would say...:D

As Tom posted, I think she was acting normal for herself. If you have watched her other shows, she tends to make fun of certain customs, traditions, or situations. I've always taken it as an attempt at humor and not as a cynical comment. I would much rather watch that than the lame infomercial I watched the other day on the Travel Channel for an RCI Mediterranean cruise.

As Tom posted, I think she was acting normal for herself. If you have watched her other shows, she tends to make fun of certain customs, traditions, or situations. I've always taken it as an attempt at humor and not as a cynical comment. I would much rather watch that than the lame infomercial I watched the other day on the Travel Channel for an RCI Mediterranean cruise.

You watched that one too, huh? Was that a waste of time or what? If you really wanted to learn something about the ship - forget it. It was all about these individuals (virtually) private tours everywhere they went. Not quite average accommodations either!!!

Tom

I sort of agre with this post! She gets VIP treatment, you never see her pay for a drink and sometimes has an attitude! Wonder if she'll ever do a pitch for the Jewel on Norwegian? It's a beautiful ship and has many restaurants to choose from, activities and that 'relax' mode we all look for, not rush around all day....Thanks for letting me speak my piece...Have a nice day!

I would love to meet Samantha! I love all of her shows. As some have pointed out, that is how she is. I don't think she tries to be mean-spirited. She is just being herself. To each their own...

She must be doing something right. Travel Channel keeps sending her everywhere :D

You watched that one too, huh? Was that a waste of time or what? If you really wanted to learn something about the ship - forget it. It was all about these individuals (virtually) private tours everywhere they went. Not quite average accommodations either!!!

Tom

Yep! As someone who knows very little about RCI, it didn't do much to sell me on a RCI cruise.

She stayed in S1 (Owner's Suite). For the show they also had her walking down a regular guest corridor, as if her room was there. It was not! It was only really obvious when they showed her bathroom. Here's a photo from S1 showing the bathroom (the sinks at any rate)!

215861256_r6AG7-M.jpg

She was just being her (regular) wacky self... which I kind of like, though as is evident here, people can take it both ways.

Tom

Thanks for the correction. I just saw the lifeboat and thought it was an 11.

Archived