How to get from Rosyth to Edinburgh

fhmoore

Get the train from Rosyth to Waverley. Costs £4.60 return and you get to go over one of the greatest bits of civil engineering in the world...the Forth Railway Bridge. Waverley station is right in the middle of Edinburgh by Princes Street. Don't know how you get from pier to Rosyth station, but there is probably a bus, or if you had to use a taxi, wouldn't be more than £5. Trains take about 35 minutes each way and there are at least 3 an hour. Actually, I've just looked on Google Earth and Inverkeithing station is closer to the port than Rosyth, so go from there.

Simon

Actually you want to take the train from Inverkeithing which is nearer the port than Rosyth and has more regular trains - the line splits just after Inverkeithing going north..You should be able to find a taxi at the port to take you to the station and back - it is not walkable (over 2 miles)

• 3 weeks later...

We just got the notice that Fred Olsen will move operation from Leith to Rosyth.

Somehow we are disappointed as we booked before Express by Holiday Inn in Leith and to start next to HMRY BRITANNIA would have been a great pleasure.

Since we start now from Rosyth:

After reading your posts: I do not think that it makes too much sense to go first from the Airport to Edinburgh and then on the train to Invekeithing to catch the free shuttle from Fred Olsen.

Is the taxi transfer from the airport to Rosyth affordable without additional negotiations with my bank to extend my credit card limit or having an additional mortgage on our house. On the map it looks very close - just hop over the bridge.

Or any private transfer companies to recommend???

Regards,

HeinBloed

I reckon its just over 10 miles of fast roads, so I would guess about 15 -20 minute trip. Probably somewhere in the region of £15-20 in a cab. The bridge is now free, so you won't have to pay the toll(maut). I agree, it doesn't seem worth going to Edinburgh first, unless you are spending a couple of days there.

Simon

Hi

You can get a bus direct from Edinburgh airport to Ferrytoll park and ride which is close to Rosyth. Bus is super travel friendly with plenty of space for luggage. You'll be able to pick up a taxi from there to Rosyth which should take no more than 7 to 10 mins minutes. Price for the bus is £4.50 one way. The taxi will be substantially more and could be around £25 to £30. Here's a link to the bus site and timetablle

http://www.airdirect747.com/

You just walk out the terminal and the bus is literally right outside - extremely easy to find.

I can't recommend a particular taxi firm but here's a link of local taxis and you could even negotiate a good pick up price direct from the airport if you didn't want to take the bus

http://www.city-visitor.com/rosyth/taxis.html

hope this helps

• 4 years later...

Archived