Flexible dining on Indepence of the Seas?

brenderlou

Is there a flexible dining program on the Indpendence of the Seas? Alot ot times, our daughter wants to go to the kids camp and it would be easier to have that option instead of just the 2 seatings in the MDR.

If there is this option, how/when do we sign up for it?

It's My Time Dining ph 1-800-590-62188. Got it from here on CC. I changed ours last week and it was very easy to do. Have to pre-pay gratuities though. You won't be charged upfront, they'll add it to your booking and pay when final payment is due.

I just got home from Navigator of the Seas, and even though they had My Time Dining, you still had to make reservations and pick a time you wanted to go to the dining room. So IMHO, it's not really like Freestyle.

You HAD to make reservations??? I was under the impression that you could just show up anytime during the MTD hours---of course, with the understanding that you might have to wait a minute for a table....having to make "plans" defeats the entire purpose of MTD!''

Brenderlou, if you decide to do the traditional dining and want to eat with your child in the dining room, pick the early (main) seating, so that your child can take advantage of the kid's club---the 1st seating works best with kids.

I just got home from Navigator of the Seas, and even though they had My Time Dining, you still had to make reservations and pick a time you wanted to go to the dining room. So IMHO, it's not really like Freestyle.

Maybe you misunderstood. You can make reservations, but you aren't required to.

In the daily, it said if you wanted to go via the anytime dining, you had to make reservations. It didn't say you "could or could not", but it said you need to call and get a set time. I think that's because the area they had set up for this, on deck 5, was rather small and the rest of that deck was for assigned dining.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did My Time Dining in March on IOS and it was fantastic. We did NOT make reservations, but we did tell them that we would probably be there between 6:30 and 7:00 most nights. We had the same table and wait staff all nights but one and they were awesome. We were seated in a small area on Deck 5 that we loved. The only night we were seated at a different table was when we showed up close to 8PM. I would highly recommend My Time Dining on IOS. It hasn't even been a month since we left the ship and we are having major withdrawal. Booked FOS for Sept. last night. :)

Archived