Zuiderdam - Guaranteed Trouble?

crayola

We are sailing the Zuiderdam over New Years and unfortunately had to book a Category C guarantee cabin. We would have liked a balcony but none were available when we booked (late Sept). I just checked our room assignment yesterday and unfortunately the upgrade fairy did not strike and we were given a Category C cabin as our guarantee classified. The issue appears to be the cabin is loacted outside the men’s room according to the deck plan. Has anyone stayed in a Category C and could explain cabins location to the restrooms. It appears it could be a noisy week due to all the action that surrounds the Category C cabins. Also any tips on trying to get reassigned a new cabin? I understand the risk of a guarantee but would appreciate any advice on trying to change cabins. I contacted Holland America and my Travel Agent but it appears that no rooms are available with balconies.

Since you were late booking and no balconies were available at that time, how could HAL upgrade you from a C, since the next highest cabin cats are w/balconies. Even if balconies were available (and not purchased), it would be extremely unlikely that HAL would upgrade for the holiday cruises as they pretty well all sell out 100 percent.

Believe you will just have to live with it and hope for the best.

Happy cruising....

Just want to let everyone know that Holland America's customer service did an excellent job of reassigning my cabin. Despite an almost fully book holiday cruise, they were able to relocate my previous cabin to a much more desirable location. Hats off to Holland America!

I'm happy HAL was able to move you to a cabin you like better.

I think it great you posted the 'happy outcome' as I suspect there are some who think that Seattle doesn't even try to accomodate requests or attempt to please the customer. There are a number of times when it simply is not possible but here is a case where they were able to please the customer..... and they did what was necessary to accomplish that.

Thanks for being fair to Seattle and telling us about their efforts on your behalf.

Hope you have a great cruise.

How long did it take you to get a reply? Did you call or email. I have sent 2 emails regarding questions on my upcoming cruise and no one acknowledged me at all. I wasn't asking for a freebie just information!

Archived