need help for a first time seabourne cruiser

kandylandmo

hi everyone

my husband and i would like to try seabourne. we are in our mid 40s and love to travel and like high end things(four seasons, etc). we got an email about the odyssey having specials on the greek isles cruises in oct, the other was the venice to athens in oct.

someone mentioned that the greek isles weren't that exciting, but didn't elaborate. would you do the greek isles to istanbul or the venice to athens. we have traveled extensively through europe except for this part of the mediterranean. we are as much about the shipboard experience as about the shore excursions, and probably the shipboard is more important.

we also are compelled to workout while we are anywhere, so if anyone knows anything about the gyms on seabourne, that would be helpful.

thanks so much!!!!!!!

Three of our Seabourn cruises have been in the Med -- two included the Greek islands and Turkey. The Med is our favorite place to cruise on Seabourn but whether it is right for you depends on your interests. If you enjoy ancient ruins, charming small towns and warm weather then it may be right for you as well. We almost never take excursions -- instead we prefer hoping off the ship and wandering around by ourselves. That way we not only get more exercise(something that comes in very handy when you start tallying all of those Seabourn calories from food and drink), but you get a better feel for a particular place because you are not hopping on and off a bus and being herded here and there.

hi everyone

my husband and i would like to try seabourne. we are in our mid 40s and love to travel and like high end things(four seasons, etc). we got an email about the odyssey having specials on the greek isles cruises in oct, the other was the venice to athens in oct.

someone mentioned that the greek isles weren't that exciting, but didn't elaborate. would you do the greek isles to istanbul or the venice to athens. we have traveled extensively through europe except for this part of the mediterranean. we are as much about the shipboard experience as about the shore excursions, and probably the shipboard is more important.

we also are compelled to workout while we are anywhere, so if anyone knows anything about the gyms on seabourne, that would be helpful.

thanks so much!!!!!!!

1 What are "high end things" ?

2 There are Greek Isles and Greek Isles. Some great, some average.

3 Istanbul and Venice are both wonderful cities to start or finish a cruise.

4 I do`nt think the gym is an aspect, or maybe a small one why people cruise with Seabourn, although I believe the Odyssey will provide more interest in that area.

for high end, i meant does the seabourn accomplish the same things as a four seasons or the ritz. as for the excursions, we love small towns and exploring, so it looks like the greek isles would fit the bill.

thanks for the information on the gym.:):) for my mental sanity, i have to do something physical everyday, and since i have a little ocd(or lot, esp according to my husband), i have to know what i did(miles, steps, etc,) so i prefer to workout in a gym

thanks everyone. i think that got my questions answered.:)

We did the Greek Isles and Istanbul a few years ago. Started in Nice included Sicily and the Amalfi Coast and then did three Greek Isles ending in Istanbu and loved it! I thought it was a fabulous itinerary. We are also doing Athens to Venice this summer on the Odyssey.

Archived