The 2 day sampler Seadream

cburger100

did they have to drag you off? I'm still thinking about stowing away in the golf simulator. :rolleyes:

FT

No, because we knew that we'd be back soon enough. I will say though that being on SD for 42 hours is an entirely different situation than for 7, 9, or 11 days.

Since we know our way around and are familiar with many of the crew and staff, there was no learning curve for us. We marched on board with our carry on luggage, accepted the usual offerings of champagne and beer, posed for our lovely photos, dropped our luggage in the room, cleaned all non essential items out of the refrigerator and asked Tess to replace them with beer and Diet Coke, arranged to have internet service activated so that I could communicate with certain CC members (who had various instructions and questions that needed my constant attention) and headed over to SD1 to visit with long lost friends over there. Then it was back to SD2 and up to the TOY Bar for a visit with Clint and to order some shrimp cocktail and Pringles in lieu of lunch, down to the pool bar to catch up with Gary and Mario (sporting new glasses by the way) and so ended the first two hours of our cruise.

As you can see we managed to pack a lot into a fairly short amount of time and did a great deal of catching up with crew members we hadn't seen since November or even earlier. All of them had the most interesting stories to tell about antics they had observed during the recently concluded March 6 cruise.....

During the cruise we even had time to lobby with SD to tweak a certain itinerary planned for Nov. '10. I'm cautiously optimistic that our efforts (which received support from a very highly placed SD insider) may be successful.

The balance of our time on board was equally busy and enjoyable. I certainly wouldn't choose a 2 day SD cruise but it served our purpose very nicely. We fly nonstop to San Juan so the travel was easy (SJU was quiet and calm Sunday morning, btw), spent 2 nights at a hotel on the beach and then 2 nights on SD so this was essentially a long weekend in the Caribbean for us.

FT, I actually did walk into the golf simulator for the first time in a long while. I was pretty sure that you weren't there but thought it best to confirm.

So, DJ, you see I can be loquacious when circumstances dictate!

and verbose' date=' too![/quote']

Can you tell that Peter ... I mean ... I haven't put dinner on the table yet and DJ's DH is getting restless:p

I haven't been able to get dinner on the table before 7:30 since we have returned.

Just to keep us on topic ...

Ctbjr ... how was the C&C at Prickly Pear (which was originally scheduled for Jost but was washed out?

Also, how was the sail from Prickly Pear/Gorda Sound on Saturday night? I saw those pest northerly swells were around ... again?

Ctbjr ... how was the C&C at Prickly Pear (which was originally scheduled for Jost but was washed out?

Also, how was the sail from Prickly Pear/Gorda Sound on Saturday night? I saw those pest northerly swells were around ... again?

The beach party at Prickly Pear was great. A beautiful day, delicious BBQ lunch and all the cold beer and champagne a fun loving group could ask for.

After being coaxed back on board, we sailed up the Sir Francis Drake Channel and anchored off of Jost where we enjoyed cocktails on the pool deck and dinner Topside. Somehow (I don't believe it to have been a coincidence - thank you Gabor), I found myself dining in the Office with 4 attractive blondes.

After dinner we were treated to a Rod Stewart concert on the big screen on the pool deck and after Rod finished we headed off to San Juan where we arrived about 8 AM Sunday morning.

The beach party at Prickly Pear was great. A beautiful day, delicious BBQ lunch and all the cold beer and champagne a fun loving group could ask for.

Did you try the Prime Rib? It was to die for at our beach party.I can still see Chef Robert cutting that rare piece from the middle for me (it might have been still mooing) yum yum:D

FT

Did you try the Prime Rib? It was to die for at our beach party.I can still see Chef Robert cutting that rare piece from the middle for me (it might have been still mooing) yum yum:D

FT

Yes, and I concur with your assessment. It was absolutely delicious.

Archived