Carnival & Service Animals

trock

Carnival would have to supply one heck of a litter box! Believe me - I would be the last to make fun of anyone with a service animal. We were strongly thinking of getting a seizure dog for dd - but our vacation lifestyle would have been unfair for the dog, as we are always on the go. More power to anyone who has a service animal that helps with the quality of their lives!

Carnival would have to supply one heck of a litter box! Believe me - I would be the last to make fun of anyone with a service animal. We were strongly thinking of getting a seizure dog for dd - but our vacation lifestyle would have been unfair for the dog, as we are always on the go. More power to anyone who has a service animal that helps with the quality of their lives!

Why can't you take the dog on vacation with you...after all, that's what the original thread was all about...a woman with a dog (no service markings in sight) and it doing its business on the Lido!

I know - and I read and posted on that thread, also. It is kinda hard to explain, but we felt we could give our daughter more life experiences without the dog than with the dog. We take her on all our active excursions - river rafting in Costa Rica, horseback riding at HMC, swimming with stingrays in Grand Cayman, climbing Dunn's River Falls, swimming with dolphins, and we just did the America's Cup race in St. Marten, and the Dune Buggy excursion in Grand Turk, to name a few. I just couldn't see the service animal being "happy" in those situations, and leaving it cooped up in a cabin was out of the question.

For cruising purposes I think they need to draw the line at housebroken trained service dogs. Anything else is not fair to other passengers.

I love my pets but have no desire to take them cruising.

The horse story was cute though, but I'd hate to be the employee having to clean up after it when nature calls in the aisles- yuck:eek:

You guys are crazy (lol) Funny earlier in the planning process I was booked in a HC room I just looked on the * disable cruising section. If you think we as AB people are a piece of work. These HC people in this thread are crazy(fruitloop crazy) They feel that they should be allowed to do what every they see fit. Like maybe even bringing their service animals weather it's horses, cats, monkey, lepracauns whatever. They need anger management seriously.

I used to want a monkey too, but with all the stories in the news lately, I'm cool with the whole moneky idea....:D:p

Just a little monkey ... like a spider monkey or a capucchin ... I might have a problem though ... I hear helper monkeys only drink fruit punch ....

Archived