2 for 1 Pricing in Chops/Portofino?

So what are the prices for Chops and Portofino on F.O.S.? Is it a cover fee like J.Rockets, or is each meal priced differently?

Thanks...We'll be going on FOS in Sept, so trying to understand as much information as I can ahead of time.

Have a great day!

So what are the prices for Chops and Portofino on F.O.S.? Is it a cover fee like J.Rockets, or is each meal priced differently?

Thanks...We'll be going on FOS in Sept, so trying to understand as much information as I can ahead of time.

Have a great day!

Chops is $25 per person extra and Portifino is $20 per person extra. Once you pay, you order anything you want off the menu.

No for 20 and 25 it well worth it! No land side restaurant can you get a deal like that! And remember TIP!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, you haven't already paid for some sort of food service at a land-side restaurant either ... and, as you know, tipping is included in the price, so extra is based upon personal preference/service only.

Not to call you out, but just grounding it a little bit. :o

Of course, you haven't already paid for some sort of food service at a land-side restaurant either ... and, as you know, tipping is included in the price, so extra is based upon personal preference/service only.

Not to call you out, but just grounding it a little bit. :o

Do you no how much they get out of the $25?

If you don't just wait a few minutes till you see my next thread.

I believe the point was that you already paid for dinner on the ship. (MDR, etc), so the $25 is on top of whatever it is you already paid. Saying that you get a lot for $25, and compare that to a land restaurant is not accurate.

I believe the point was that you already paid for dinner on the ship. (MDR, etc), so the $25 is on top of whatever it is you already paid. Saying that you get a lot for $25, and compare that to a land restaurant is not accurate.

It has been noted several times on this board that the cruiseline budgets somewhere in the neighborhood of $10-12 per person per day for ALL included food. Not a whole lot. So even if they've budgeted $8 of that for dinner in the MDR, that's only a little over $30 for Chops. I've had surf & turf in a land steakhouse and paid over $60 just for that - no appetizer, no sides, no dessert.

I think NCL has method in their madness in offering the 2 for 1 so as to entice those that have never thought of paying extra for a meal on a cruise. But once they experience the usually fantastic food, service, ambiance, etc., they will return again and again at full price. Worked with me!

To be honest, unless someone posts a pay stub here or has personally worked in one of these restaurants, I really don't believe any wage statements. Any waiter, if you ask, is going to say that s/he really gets nothing from the service fee because that's going to get more extra tips than ... yeah ... that whole service fee goes right to me (and I'm not saying it does by any stretch of the imagination).

I can't see any reason for them to offer 2for1 when they apparently have no problem passengers to book at the current charges. At least that has been my experience when calling and trying to get a reservation; this seems to really be the case on a 7day cruise on one of the larger ships with so many wishing to eat in Chops or Portofino. The only exception I have noted was on longer cruises like transAtlantic or other repositioning, when there are several more nights to accomodate the same number of passengers. On each cruise we take on RCI, we eat in each at least once and yes, we TIP!!!!:)

Anyone have a menu that they can post or can tell me what they have?? I like good food. Is it the type of thing where you can say I want this and this and this???

On a 7 night cruise is there a certain night you would suggest eatting at one??

No kids allowed??

Anyone have a menu that they can post or can tell me what they have?? I like good food. Is it the type of thing where you can say I want this and this and this???

On a 7 night cruise is there a certain night you would suggest eatting at one??

No kids allowed??

Portofino and Chops are both more upscale fine dining restaurants where everything is specially cooked to order, unlike the dining room where food is plated and sits under warming lamps. The portions are quite large, and therefore, it is not usually a tasting experience. Here is the Portofino menu...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Portofino_Menu.pdf

Following is the menu for Chops...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/ChopsGrille_Menu_Eng.pdf

You may order additional appetizers, salads and soups (if you can eat it all), however, in some instances, passengers have been charged extra for an additional entree'. The entire dining experience usually lasts about 2 hours.

Archived