2010 NY itineraries

LisaMM

:rolleyes: Does anyone know if Carnival will have Caribbean itineraries for summer 2010 from NY? The only thing posted from NY is to Canada.

It's possible that they are going to swap out the Miracle for a different ship. They recently did that for the NY to Canada itinerary with the Victory and Triumph. If so, maybe they haven't decided which ship will replace her yet.

Just a guess though.

My pvp said that they should be put out some time in April.

Thanks. Are you familiar with CCL ships. Will there be a big and newer ship leaving out of NY? Thinking of doing the Dream August 2010 but leaving out of NY would be wonderful.

We left from Bayonne last year on RCCL Explorer and it was wonderful!

Thanks. Are you familiar with CCL ships. Will there be a big and newer ship leaving out of NY? Thinking of doing the Dream August 2010 but leaving out of NY would be wonderful.

We left from Bayonne last year on RCCL Explorer and it was wonderful!

Carnival Glory is scheduled to do the NY-Canada runs in 2010.

Carnival will have Caribbean cruise from NYC next year and it will probably be the Miracle again. Because Spirit class ships are sightly faster than the larger ships, that's why they are used for this run. Ships like the Glory and Victory are better for Canada cruises because of the shorter distances involved.

If they used the larger ships for Caribbean cruises from NYC, they would have to go to a nine day cruise instead of eight. And Carnival does not like longer cruises. In fact, I believe the eight day NYC run is the only regularly scheduled Carnival cruise over seven days they have.

I love Carnival, I do have some questions.

1..Why doesnt Carnival like long cruises, I'm looking for a 10 day with them and nothing.

2.. I dont see reposition cruises with Carnival, I would love to go from NYC to Florida, anyone know if they will or why not?

3. My all time question, I think if I keep begging thay may...........Will Carnival ever sail out of NYC all year?........

Dorene

As a rule, Carnival stays away from cruises longer than seven days because their target customer tends to be younger and not looking for long cruises.

For some reason, Carnival never carries guests on reprositioning cruises, unlike other lines. Not sure why.

Never say never, but with the push again towards local home porting, it would be nice to see a ship year round in NYC.

I love Carnival, I do have some questions.

1..Why doesnt Carnival like long cruises, I'm looking for a 10 day with them and nothing.

2.. I dont see reposition cruises with Carnival, I would love to go from NYC to Florida, anyone know if they will or why not?

3. My all time question, I think if I keep begging thay may...........Will Carnival ever sail out of NYC all year?........

Dorene

Well, there's a nice 16 day repositioning cruise from Rome to NYC on the Dream on October 27 and the prices are very reasonable.

Howard

I know!!

I saw that, its just 16 days is 2 days longer than I was looking. I wish they had a back to back cruise that went to two different places. I am completely booked up for cruises for 2009 looking for 2010 now.

Dorene

Carnival will have Caribbean cruise from NYC next year and it will probably be the Miracle again. Because Spirit class ships are sightly faster than the larger ships, that's why they are used for this run. Ships like the Glory and Victory are better for Canada cruises because of the shorter distances involved.

If they used the larger ships for Caribbean cruises from NYC, they would have to go to a nine day cruise instead of eight. And Carnival does not like longer cruises. In fact, I believe the eight day NYC run is the only regularly scheduled Carnival cruise over seven days they have.

Thank you. Is the Miracle a newer ship? I am very close canceling my RCCL Oasis cruise and booking the dream for our family (one balcony and one triple outside).

I have cabins on hold with my TA. Cruising out of New York would be much better than paying for air for 6 people but is the ship a bigger ship (Our family loves bigger ships and does enjoy RCCL Voyager Class ships)?

When are the New York Itineraries and prices expected to be out?

Thanks!

Thank you. Is the Miracle a newer ship? I am very close canceling my RCCL Oasis cruise and booking the dream for our family (one balcony and one triple outside).

I have cabins on hold with my TA. Cruising out of New York would be much better than paying for air for 6 people but is the ship a bigger ship (Our family loves bigger ships and does enjoy RCCL Voyager Class ships)?

When are the New York Itineraries and prices expected to be out?

Thanks!

We sailed on the Miracle and it is a nice medium sized ship. Definitely not the same as RCL's Voyager class ships, but it's a different experience. The Miracle is a "newer" ship, but the Dream is a newer (obviously) and much larger ship.

If you like RCL's Voyager class ships and like the NY Itineraries, you might consider RCL from Bayonne NJ - just across the river from the NYC ports and lots less congestion. RCL always ports one of the Voyager class ships there. We took the 5 day Bermuda cruise a few years ago on Voyager, and it was very nice.

Howard

For some reason, Carnival never carries guests on reprositioning cruises, unlike other lines. Not sure why.

I looked at the dates for the Dream itineraries and I think that it may have to do with having to make a non-US port versus getting straight to the destination and starting the next cruise.

For example, after the Dream sails the NYC cruise, it goes straight down to Florida - non-stop and no ports in-between. If it were carrying passengers, it would need to make a stop somewhere.

Not sure if that's the reasoning, but, based on the dates/itineraries, it would make sense.

Howard

As a rule, Carnival stays away from cruises longer than seven days because their target customer tends to be younger and not looking for long cruises.

Never say never, but with the push again towards local home porting, it would be nice to see a ship year round in NYC.

Not true. Carnival just repositioned the Splendor from Ft. Lauderdale to LA, all the way around South America and with passengers...

We sailed on the Miracle and it is a nice medium sized ship. Definitely not the same as RCL's Voyager class ships, but it's a different experience. The Miracle is a "newer" ship, but the Dream is a newer (obviously) and much larger ship.

If you like RCL's Voyager class ships and like the NY Itineraries, you might consider RCL from Bayonne NJ - just across the river from the NYC ports and lots less congestion. RCL always ports one of the Voyager class ships there. We took the 5 day Bermuda cruise a few years ago on Voyager, and it was very nice.

Howard

Thanks Howard. We have done the Explorer four times, 3 times from Florida and just last July from Bayonne. I was so hoping another ship was going to take her place for next summer, but again it is Explorer. We prefer 7-9 days and I did price out the EOS for August 7 (I think that is/was the date). For a double balcony and triple inside along with paying for my son with my mother in another balcony (just paying his share, not my mother's share) was $10K. I am currently booked on the Oasis but seriously consider moving to Dream for August 7. When/if I go, my extended family will be switching too taking away 4 cabins.

I can get Dream for almost $3K less than Oasis, although I know the ships can't compare. It is a Sweet 16 gift for my dd (she rather cruise and bring 2 friends than a party) so will be paying for the two friends, including their air. We LOVE leaving out of Bayonne since we live in Staten Island. It was wonderful but not enough to justify $10K when I can do Oasis for around $7K (need airfare) or Dream for about $6K (need airfare).

I can get Dream for almost $3K less than Oasis, although I know the ships can't compare. It is a Sweet 16 gift for my dd (she rather cruise and bring 2 friends than a party) so will be paying for the two friends, including their air. We LOVE leaving out of Bayonne since we live in Staten Island. It was wonderful but not enough to justify $10K when I can do Oasis for around $7K (need airfare) or Dream for about $6K (need airfare).

You may also want to check out NCL from NYC. We took our first cruise on NCL this past summer (Alaska) and really had a wonderful time. I'd put it above Carnival, but not quite RCL standards (based on when we previously sailed RCL). From a cost perspective, it's also middle of the road - not as low as Carnival, but definitely not as much as RCL. They also sail the NYC Bermuda/Bahamas itinerary - but longer than the 5 days RCL gives. NCL also sails from NYC year round - if that is of any value.

Dorene - NCL also does some 10 day Caribbean itineraries out of NYC - usually in January. They have them posted for 2010 and 2011 if you want to check them.

Howard

You may also want to check out NCL from NYC. We took our first cruise on NCL this past summer (Alaska) and really had a wonderful time. I'd put it above Carnival, but not quite RCL standards (based on when we previously sailed RCL). From a cost perspective, it's also middle of the road - not as low as Carnival, but definitely not as much as RCL. They also sail the NYC Bermuda/Bahamas itinerary - but longer than the 5 days RCL gives. NCL also sails from NYC year round - if that is of any value.

Dorene - NCL also does some 10 day Caribbean itineraries out of NYC - usually in January. They have them posted for 2010 and 2011 if you want to check them.

Howard

Howard, NCL has Summer Caribbean 2010 up? I looked and only see it up until May. Is July and August up yet? Someone just mentioned on RCCL summer was out too but I again couldn't see it. Thanks so much!

Archived