Emerald - International Cafe and other questions

Embracedbylife

Hi, I have read that the Emerald has the International Cafe. We have been on the Diamond and Star and will be sailing the Emerald in June.

What is the International Cafe? Is this something that the Diamond & Star do not have? Is this in addition to the pizza corner, burger corner and buffets in horizon court?

What else is unique to the Emerald that wouldn't have been on the Diamond and Star??

The International Cafe is located on the 5th deck (Plaza). It offers pastries and donuts in the morning at no charge and fresh cookies in the afternoon and evening. They offer gelato and other finger foods for a small charge. This is one of my favorite spots on the Emerald.

I love to go down in the morning and get an Almond Croissant. The glazed donuts are also incredible.

I have tried several of the tapas they offer and my favorite is the lamb chop pops!!!

The International Cafe is part of the Plaza that offers a Wine & Sushi Bar and Coffee Bar along with the International Cafe.

You will find the International Cafe on the Emerald, Crown, Ruby Princess. It was recently part of the upgrades to the Caribbean & Star Princess.

In addition to what the other poster said, the IC offers light fare for lunches (free of charge). Sandwiches, salads, etc. All very good, and very fresh. It's kind of neat when you're in port. If you're near the ship, you can jump back on and grab a bite to eat without having to go all the way to the Horizon or a dining room.

Great info! could you give me a better idea of what is free and what is charged. Are the tapas free? what's the cost?

Hope the attached picture helps.

Tapas are not free. I think (not sure) $1.00 each.

1178705416_5529_17.08InternationalCafmenudeck5100_0287asmall.jpg.55810d8025e9942aa89ba1688de64d5f.jpg

Great info! could you give me a better idea of what is free and what is charged. Are the tapas free? what's the cost?

Sandwiches free, salads free, what is there to purchase and what's the cost?

The tapas are not free ( forgot the cost ) and the gelato is $1.50 for 3 scoops. Muffins, danishes ets. in am have no extra charge, sandwiches, salads at lunchtime are no charge and cookies and milk in afternoon have no extra charge.

There is entertainment in the Piazza several times a day....very good acts not to be missed.

On the Emerald, Crown and Ruby there is also MUTS...Movies under the Stars by one of the pools. Even though it is names under the stars, the huge screen is on during the day also....usually concerts etc. At night, the loungers are covered and you will get a blanket and popcorn while enjoying the movies.

You will love the Emerald.

The International Cafe is also a coffee bar. If you are a big specialty coffee drinker, you can buy a coffee card for $27 (that was last year and price may be higher now??). The card entitles you to 15 specialty coffee drinks like lattes, capichinos, etc. plus all the free coffee or tea you want. For a 10 day cruise it's a great deal. 15 specialty coffee drinks at Starbucks would easily cost $50 or more!

We really liked the International Cafe as an alternative spot for lunch and snacks. We would get a nice lunch with a fresh cup of coffee from the coffee bar and sit and listen to the entertainment. Very relaxing.

there is a list of items with a cost, candy apples, fondu, chocolate strawberries etc. then ther are the items in the glass case that are not marked. rule of thumb, if its on a little glass plate, there is a charge. things on trays and big serving bowls are N/C, sandwiches that can be warmed,salads, yummy desserts, donuts etc.

The International Cafe is also a coffee bar. If you are a big specialty coffee drinker, you can buy a coffee card for $27 (that was last year and price may be higher now??). The card entitles you to 15 specialty coffee drinks like lattes, capichinos, etc. plus all the free coffee or tea you want. For a 10 day cruise it's a great deal. 15 specialty coffee drinks at Starbucks would easily cost $50 or more!
Even if you drink mostly regular coffee, like we do, its a deal. We only used about 8 punches off the card, in the evening after dinner. Four regulars in the AM, times 10 days, some more at night, times about a $1.60 (what I pay at home), = savings.

As for the chicken salad, I agree, with a bit of the greek salad on the side.

On the Emerald, Crown and Ruby they also have candy apples, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolates and Cholate fondue all for a nominal fee. This is not currently offerred on the Star as they lacked the space. Also the Star does not have gelato again lack of space.

Archived