Why is my Carnival.com acct linked to a TA?

tinabinab

I booked online directly through carnival's website last week. I called today to make a change to my ressie (since I didn't see any options for making the change online), and I've been told that I booked through a TA. I have used this TA in the past and quite frankly, it's the whole reason I decided to book directly with Carnival this time. The Carnival rep told me she would get in touch with a supervisor and see if there was anything that could be done and then call me back. I have been all over my online acct and do not see anywhere that shows my acct being linked to this TA. I booked Early Saver so I don't even think that I could cancel and rebook over the phone? I want to be in charge of my ressie and certainly do not want someone getting credit for something they had zero to do with. I'm so frustrated and wondering if anyone else has had this problem and did you get a positive resolution?

Are you absolutely sure you were not online on a TAs site when you booked?? I Know you said you were not. Thats the only thing that would make sense.

If you booked on the carnival site, your ressie would be held by Carnival. There is no way you could book in the name of a TA on the Carnival site.

Hope you can get this resolved. I think some online sites make themselves look like Carnival.

Are you absolutely sure you were not online on a TAs site when you booked?? I Know you said you were not. Thats the only thing that would make sense.

If you booked on the carnival site, your ressie would be held by Carnival. There is no way you could book in the name of a TA on the Carnival site.

Hope you can get this resolved. I think some online sites make themselves look like Carnival.

Totally agree....it's amazing how some sites do look like CCL's.

I have had the same problem. For some reason it keeps turning my reservation over to AAA even though they are not in my account profile. Yes, I have used them in the past, but don't need them. My last cruise I went online, paid in full at the time of booking and forgot about it. The next thing I know AAA is calling me because they have the invoice and I did not tell them I was cruising. Excuse me? If I did all the work why do they get the credit. I had to take my booking number into them and they will get my tickets and the commission . . . for doing absolutely nothing. I think next time I am just going to call the 800 number and see if I can book that way.

I had this happen to me....and was basically told I was too dumb to know I was on the TA's website. I had a supervisor threeway with me and the alleged TA. The TA had no record of the booking so the supervisor was finally starting to begin to believe me. I was finally called back by somebody in their IT department and he admitted they sometimes have this problem if you have booked through a TA previously. To get it resolved I had to work with the IT department and cancel the account I had, create a new one linked to a different e-mail address, and have them move my past history to my new account. When they told me it would take a few days for my history to show up on the new account I figured I would be fighting with them for months to get it resolved, but sure enough after about 5 days my past cruises showed up. Carnival will never win any awards for the effectiveness of their website.:rolleyes:

I respectfully disagree. As my post above says, I had this happen to me and Carnival's IT department admitted they do sometimes link your ressie to a TA when you book through carnival's website.

This could explain the error message that I got a few times when trying to check prices on Carnival's web site for my current cruises. The error message said something about I needed to check with my TA about pricing and no category prices would display. I have booked the last 10 or so cruises through my PVP directly. I'm sure it's a bug with something they updated.

This same thing happened to me I booked directly through the carnival site and got a error message so I called and and made the booking over the phone a day later I get a call from a TA from a website asking a bunch of questions about my booking. I was puzzled and called carnival, I was told by carnival that they sent my account over to TA I asked why and they gave no answer they told me they would call back with further info. My curious mind called the TA back to investegate further I was told for the inconvience and if Im willing to turn my booking over to them they would give me $100 obc and free travel insurance. So I gladly turned it over.. So far I'm good. My cruise isn't till august tho. Oh and this was my first booking.

I had this happen to me....and was basically told I was too dumb to know I was on the TA's website.

This is how I was treated as well. I was on the Carnival website, there is no doubt about it. The TA they have me linked to is a mom and pop one that I booked my first cruise through - they don't even have a website. :( ...and of course I am still waiting for that call back that I was promised.

This is just so frustrating - I was very purposefully booking this one on my own as I have had nothing but mediocre (at best) service from TA's who know less about cruising than I do. Seems any possible resolution will not be without additional stress. Any chance you have the name or number for the IT person you worked with? :)

Its the first time I've booked on my own and I thought it was odd that there was no link for making payments and just realized that I never received an emailed receipt for my deposit.

UHG! At least I am not alone... :)

This is how I was treated as well. I was on the Carnival website, there is no doubt about it. The TA they have me linked to is a mom and pop one that I booked my first cruise through - they don't even have a website. :( ...and of course I am still waiting for that call back that I was promised.

This is just so frustrating - I was very purposefully booking this one on my own as I have had nothing but mediocre (at best) service from TA's who know less about cruising than I do. Seems any possible resolution will not be without additional stress. Any chance you have the name or number for the IT person you worked with? :)

Its the first time I've booked on my own and I thought it was odd that there was no link for making payments and just realized that I never received an emailed receipt for my deposit.

UHG! At least I am not alone... :)

Yikes. I have the first TA I used listed when I sign in too, oddly enough, since I havent used them since.

Strange they would transfer you to that TA by accident. I would get on the phone tomorrow until they transferred me back and fixed it.

Yikes. I have the first TA I used listed when I sign in too, oddly enough, since I havent used them since.

I used to have this too, but I'd found the info in my profile and removed it sometime before my last Ecstasy cruise... Apparently that is not good enough.

Any chance the TA has the power to release the ressie?

Yep, I will definitely be calling again tomorrow. Gee, all I wanted to do was change to the 4F cabin that was mentioned in another post. ;)

I believe that the travel agent listed on Carnival.com will not change from whatever you put in the first time that you logged in unless you change it in the 'my profile' section under 'update personal profile'. Mine still lists the last TA I used even though I booked this last cruise through AMEX due to a buy 1 get 1 special they were running. On my carnival profile, there is no mention of AMEX whatsoever.

You actually can make a payment on the Carnival website. I actually used it the other day. Just go to My Cruise and when the drop box comes up click my reservation. From there click on Manage bookings and there it is. I had to search for it when I wanted to make my payment but I knew it had to be an option to pay online.

This could explain the error message that I got a few times when trying to check prices on Carnival's web site for my current cruises. The error message said something about I needed to check with my TA about pricing and no category prices would display. I have booked the last 10 or so cruises through my PVP directly. I'm sure it's a bug with something they updated.
It happened to me back in 2005 so it is not new.

I used to have this too, but I'd found the info in my profile and removed it sometime before my last Ecstasy cruise... Apparently that is not good enough.

Any chance the TA has the power to release the ressie?

Yep, I will definitely be calling again tomorrow. Gee, all I wanted to do was change to the 4F cabin that was mentioned in another post. ;)

My issue was back in 2005. The IT person called me so I do not have any numbers for them.

I was told only the TA could release the booking back to Carnival but when the Carnival supervisor did a threeway call with me and the TA, the TA had no record of the booking...and that's when the Carnival supervisor finally started to believe me. It sounds like the problem has changed somewhat since my similar issue because most others posting here are saying the TA actually does have the booking.

You actually can make a payment on the Carnival website. I actually used it the other day. Just go to My Cruise and when the drop box comes up click my reservation. From there click on Manage bookings and there it is. I had to search for it when I wanted to make my payment but I knew it had to be an option to pay online.

I don't have that option - I assume because they have me linked with the TA...

Thanks everyone for your input! Hopefully I can get some resolution on this today - even if I have to call the TA and make them release my ressie or give me some incentive to have it through them. :)

Just got off the phone with a very helpful agent in the Guest Solutions department. She had to call the TA regarding my ressie, and of course was told they had not booked it. So she released it from them and created a new acct for me. Hopefully this resolves the issue completely. I'm waiting to verify on the website until I receive the confirmation email from her. :)

Oh, and she took care of changing my stateroom for me as well - hope I like the Verandah deck!

Archived