Cruising March 29 on Caribbean Princess - any requests?

OrcaGirl

My new husband and I will be sailing on the March 29 Southern Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess. It's been so helpful to have the information and feedback from other cruisers on these boards, so I'd love to return the favour.

If anyone has anything in particular they'd like me to watch for and report back on, please let me know by 9pm Saturday night. I'm not sure I'll be able to offer a "live" cruise report, but I'll gladly keep notes and post when I can and offer a detailed report once we return.

Happy cruising!

Erin

My new husband and I will be sailing on the March 29 Southern Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess. It's been so helpful to have the information and feedback from other cruisers on these boards, so I'd love to return the favour.

If anyone has anything in particular they'd like me to watch for and report back on, please let me know by 9pm Saturday night. I'm not sure I'll be able to offer a "live" cruise report, but I'll gladly keep notes and post when I can and offer a detailed report once we return.

Happy cruising!

Erin

Say Hi to Sam the Asst CD if you get the chance, she is awesome!

Have a fantastic cruise. :D

Happy cruising!

Erin

Erin,

Enjoy your cruise. Will be cruising in May. Would like to know who the Captain, CD and Maitre'D might be then.

Thanks,

OrcaGirl,

If you remember, could you post something about the mattress ! The recent posts indicate the mattreses are very hard and even the egg crate does not help..After cruising with Holland America the last couple of times and sleeping on wonderful bedding that was perfect for my bad back. I dread the thought of having to sleep on a "rock" for 9 nights.

Thanks and enjoy your cruise. It's a very good itinerary your on...

This is very kind of you OrcaGirl! Thanks!

We will be on the CB for the 5/17 sailing and have our favorite cabin again, B749. Could you check to see if the cabin attendant for that particular cabin is still Grace DeJuan? We had her almost year ago last May and June and we LOVE her, she's the best! It would be so great if she was still working the aft cabins on the CB. So, when you get a chance, I know how it is when you get on a ship!

Thank SO much!

Would you please be able to check to see if the Terrace Pool and the Pool near the spa have actual steps going in or do you have to climb iup and down with those tiny ladders at the edge of the pool. Have a nice & relaxing cruise:o

Hi there,

I'd like to know what the current movies are for MUTS. Also, please let us know if the ship was really rocky? I usually don't suffer from motion sickness, but just a little curious. I'm looking forward to your review! Enjoy your cruise!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, folks! It's been more difficult than I expected to get back into the daily routine - I'm not even fully unpacked yet... :)

Here you go - let me know if you want more detail on anything...

For CruiseKing:

Captain: Attilio Guerrini

Cruise Director: Dan Styne

Maitre'D: Giorgio Pisano

For JimJim:

(Let me preface this by saying that just before the cruise, we spent a week at an otherwise perfect resort in the Dominican Republic, where they had the hardest beds I've ever slept on -- so unless the Princess beds were made of nails or covered in cacti, it was going to be heavenly.)

Having read others' comments about the mattresses on Princess, we requested an egg crate through our TA. It was not on the bed when we arrived, so the first night was just the mattress - I thought it was fine, the hubby disagreed and thought it was hard. Our steward put on the egg crate the next day, and again I didn't notice any real difference, but the hubby thought it was an improvement, but resolved to bring our queen-sized Sealy with us on any future cruises. I'm hoping he's kidding... so if in doubt, request the egg crate, and hope for future mattress upgrades.

For MickeyG:

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to find this out for you. Although we were on Baja deck as well, we didn't get to that side.

For PortlandPete:

Seafood buffet: based on descriptions and photos provided by others on this board, I actually thought we missed the seafood buffet. On the "at sea" day, there were crab legs and lobster available as part of the Cafe Caribe dinner buffet, but it didn't seem like a big deal - and definitely wasn't the huge tower of seafood that others had mentioned.

Pub lunch: also on the "at sea" day, which was the only time I saw it offered. Was at the Crown Grill, and was really good. My husband and I shared a plate of fish and chips (although the server kept questioning whether that would be enough for the two of us, and kept offering to bring more food - a recurring trend of the cruise that got more annoying as the week progressed)

Entertainment: was really good. We enjoyed the Welcome Aboard show, and the magic-comedy of John Ferrentino. The "Do You Wanna Dance" production show was fun, and we watched two performances of Princess Pop Star, which was, um, interesting... The only disappointment was Skywalkers nightclub - didn't really match the music to the crowd (not that there was one) and the DJ wasn't very good.

For GMKA:

Yes, both the Terrace Pool at the back of the ship and the pool by the spa at the front have actual steps down. However, the steps into the Terrace Pool were very slippery, so hang onto the railing. And despite being clearly marked as an adult pool, there was a (seemingly unsupervised) child in the pool when we were there.

For Angela7500:

The MUTS concept is amazing, but in practice I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would - probably because most of the movies offered that week didn't appeal to me. We watched Quantum of Solace from the deck one night (note: try to snag a seat closer to the pool for the best audio - we were higher up and had a hard time hearing the dialogue), and bits of other movies while floating in the pool.

Week of 3/29: Tina Turner in Concert, NCAA Basketbell (first day and last day), Hancock, Enchanted, Baby Mama, Wall-E, Beyonce in Concert, Secret Life of Bees, Herbie Fully Loaded, Evan Almighty, Must Love Dogs, Cirque de Soleil, Igor, Seven Pounds, Twilight (at 12:30am!), Grease, Leatherheads, The Bee Movie, Quantum of Solace, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Mad Money, The Love Guru, Swing Vote, Christina Aguilera in Concert, Bedtime Stories, Revolutionary Road, No Reservations, Get Smart, Mamma Mia, Ghost Town, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Changling, Lady and the Tramp, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, The Yes Man, Last Chance Harvey, In the Electric Mist

Ship motion: I didn't think it was that bad - we brought motion sickness pills just in case, but never needed them. There was some noticeable motion at times, but it definitely wasn't cause for concern.

For NYCgirl12345:

According to the Y-Gen brochure, the mother-daughter massage is $99 for 25 minutes and $198 for 50 minutes.

I'll try to write up a detailed review this weekend, but overall it was amazing - the food was good, the staff was great and the ports were amazing. Torn between wanting to take another cruise to the Caribbean, and wanting to experience cruising somewhere completely different, like Scandinavia...

Happy cruising!

Erin

Glad you had a great time. I will enjoy reading your observations as we are back on her again in October and they have made some changes since last February when we sailed on her.

Greg

Archived