Time Change?

phabric

Would you though, or would you be staying on "ship's time" thoughout? I thought that was somwhat common on itineraries where there were ports within multiple time zones?

On our ship last summer, they adjusted the clocks and timing to match the port where you would be or were at. If the ship didn't adjust accordingly, it would be even more confusing. Starting in England, going to various port on the way to Russia and then finishing in Stockholm, it involved lots and lots of time zone changes. WOW! It would get challenging to make ALL of those adjustments.

LucyH summed it well: "Only one time change, when you leave the UK. All the other countries you mentioned are one hour ahead. Helsinki and Tallinn are two hours ahead and St Petersburg three."

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow I got screwed up in Tallinn. I was an extra hour ahead. It was embarrassing, because we were supposed to meet some people. It is good they didn't wait for us, because we were half-way through the city by the time they left the ship.

Da Bear

An excellent reference for time here, there and everywhere is:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Shows current time around the world and you can specify a time and see the times elsewhere. Click Large World Clock for a much longer listing of cities. This site tracks Daylight Saving Time changes also.

I've read that some ships do not change to local time in the Caribbean. Sounds like an excellent method of encouraging the us of ship sponsored tours. I have never heard of this practice being used else where.

Would you though, or would you be staying on "ship's time" thoughout? I thought that was somwhat common on itineraries where there were ports within multiple time zones?

The ship's time changes to the time zone they are in ...so it is still the ship's time ;)

We have always had the ship change time when entering a new time zone even in the Caribbean. Maybe we were just on the right ships

Going to the Baltic is a challenge for sure ...glad they tell you the night before to change your clock

Lyn

Archived