ETOH purchase question

phinn

I seem to have it stuck in my head that if I purchase alcohol on the ship, I can only purchase two bottles per person. January on the Navigator, right after I made my purchase, a couple went to the register and purchased 9 bottles. Am I wrong about how much I can buy? Anyone buy more than two bottles? Need to replenish RC and Grey Goose.

I seem to have it stuck in my head that if I purchase alcohol on the ship, I can only purchase two bottles per person. January on the Navigator, right after I made my purchase, a couple went to the register and purchased 9 bottles. Am I wrong about how much I can buy? Anyone buy more than two bottles? Need to replenish RC and Grey Goose.

Hi,

they will sell to you all that you want. The customs officials ( and state rules) govern how much you can bring in, and how much duty you have to pay.

Wes

I could be wrong, and if I am, someone will correct me but, since you can't bring it back to your cabin and you won't receive it until your cruise is over, I don't think that RCI much cares about the number of bottles that you purchase. What might be a problem for you are the customs restrictions about how much alcohol you are permitted to bring back into the US with you without paying a duty. Check on those limits and factor in the duties you will incur if you exceed them, before purchasing booze on the ship or off.:)

We always bring back 5 to 10 liters and never claim them. Just put a few in your suitcase and carry a few off in the boxes they provide no questions asked. In Mexico a few years back I bought a case of Kahlua for $108.00 and had to claimed it was only charged a dollar per bottle at customs.

I have purchased a lot of bottles at a time with no trouble. We always do the legal/right thing and declare it. The first time customs just stamped our declaration (or whatever it is they do). They don't want to mess with the paperwork or time it takes for a few bottles. I don't remember the exact number but we were driving and took full advantage of not flying.

The second time we went up no one was even in the room to stamp our customs so we took it out in the boxes not trying to conceal anything.

Also, customs is nothing more than a tax and I don't think it is that much especially with the savings on the cost of the alcohol.

Thanks guys.... I guess I was thinking about the tax and customs.... Either way, if it's minimal, it still beats the price I pay locally so I guess I'll go with my four. Great cruising everyone!

Archived