Alitalia: The Worst Airline Company in the World

rich40245

OMG, what an experience! We just booked flights to Europe and one of the options was to fly Alialia, but I had heard a previous customer's tale of lost luggage and missed connections - nothing on this scale - but enough to put me off using them. I'm so glad we didn't book with them; I'd be stressed out until we actually made the trip and that's not for another 7 months!

AirGorilla: the link worked for me - maybe try it again.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Wow, hope I never have an experience even close to that.

"Three police officers arrived to calm down the crowd. The most enraged of the African men picked up one of the officers, slung the cop over his shoulder, and took him away."

...priceless.

(I wonder what happened to the cop??)

In college we took a trip to Europe. When we got off the train in Switzerland after leaving Italy, the Swiss had a sign posted in their station listing all the known, upcoming Italian railway strikes!

I have always found a little bit unfair rating an airline for a bad experience one had had. Only someone flying regularly with many airlines could establish right criteria. I have never follow these advises.

I have had some bad experiencias with AZ, as I had with many other considered reliable. If there´s not strike whatsoever, flying AZ is a standard experience. Not really nice, not really bad. They still have complimentary onboard catering.

For me, the most important aspect is safety and figures for AZ are pretty good, and maintenance one of the best in the world.

I have always found a little bit unfair rating an airline for a bad experience one had had. Only someone flying regularly with many airlines could establish right criteria. I have never follow these advises.

I have had some bad experiencias with AZ, as I had with many other considered reliable. If there´s not strike whatsoever, flying AZ is a standard experience. Not really nice, not really bad. They still have complimentary onboard catering.

For me, the most important aspect is safety and figures for AZ are pretty good, and maintenance one of the best in the world.

This is not just one persons opinion, if you look at the following air line ratings its quite obvious that Alitalia is one of the worst.

I've never seen as many bad comments about an airline:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/alit.htm

I have a terrible experience on her, but others were simply ok, and one excelent.

We had to fly back to Madrid, and in Mailand most flights were cancelled. So we wondered?...what´s wrong, no strike, no people on the terminal, only groups of italians concentrated on the TV. Euro Cup so Italy was playing soccer in the finals. Pilots didn´t come to fly that day.

We had to be sent to a hotel, and on the following morning, we got onboard and the plane suffered from a technical failure before departure. So, back to the terminal. We got onboard, and no catering and huge delay because the plane had to be circling over Madrid, due to an storm. So we got down, and as we were at the terminal, no luggage.

I know that in Italy it´s called AliMerda, for Ali...sh.....but I can only give my oppinion, which in my case is ballanced.

I absolutely would not trust them an inch. The airline seems to be always only one step away from either bankruptcy or total anarchy that I'd never ever risk flying with them or connecting through Rome.

I'll never forget a transatlantic flight where the hideously awful crew reduced an italian grandmother in the row in front, to tears.

Archived