Agree, the taste of food is subjective

serendipity1499

This thread is only meant to be lighthearted & certainly is not intended to entertain complaints..:):)

We often have posters who say that the food on Hal was either “fantastic” or “terrible”. Must admit that there have been times when I did not enjoy a dish, but more often than not I’ve enjoyed most of my meals on HAL..

Have also come to the conclusion that you can’t please everyone all of the time, but if you please the majority most of the time, you are doing well..

Richard Branson, CEO of Virgin received one of the funniest complaint letters about the food on a flight from Mumbai to Heathrow..The letter could have been written written by a Cruise Passenger as well as an Airline Passenger..

Thought you all might consider it entertaining..Be sure to change the pictures which are described throughout the letter..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/4344890/Virgin-the-worlds-best-passenger-complaint-letter.html

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did..:):)

Cheers....:):)Betty

ICK!!

I have to say with all the variety we have on HAL a person HAS to find many things they LOVE:p...some like muesli, some don't, some like lox and bagels for bkfst., some don't., some like a made-to-order omelet and others get irritated because they just want oatmeal............(they should dine in the MDR and be served;))........

Last summer I LOVED the Asian stir-fry at lunch........loved it best when calamari was a choice but I know others don't like that.

Am sure there's even someone who wouldn't like the bread pudding (shame on them).........

My point is.............on HAL you can find many things you LIKE or even LOVE............and, be sure to order the club sandwich available on the Room Service menu...........it's all people say it is! YUM!!

I finally forced myslef to get one, to sit in the cabin and wait, to enjoy it, well, half of it, I shared...........

.........there's too much to do on ships as well!;).too many choices........

Can't wait until June 5th..........after Oosterdam, Veendam, Veendam, Zaandam, Veendam I'm off on Ryndam..........too many choices of ships, too.............love HAL:D

Great post.:D

Judgeing from your avatar you buy (like?) like dog food; my cat would be malnourished on it.

On a cruise ship at least you have a choice of food and are not limited to one (usually bad) tiny tray.:eek:

How Funny! Thanks for posting:) I take food pictures, my children cringe when I do, but other people look forward to seeing the pictures:) and......I enjoy doing it:)

I think this guy wasn't much of a food photog, but he wrote a heck of a letter:D

I think all the reviews and critiques are great and very helpful. I love reading them. But in the end you are your own best critic, especially in matters of food and entertainment . Both very very subjective.

The greatest most famous critic could write a review of a restaurant or play or movie and give it 5 stars, two thumbs up , whatever . And then you try it or see it and feel completely the opposite. And Vice versa.

Take in everything you hear and read. get out your salt shaker *LOL* and then give it a try yourself.

What a great way to write a letter of complaint! Whenever you take to the skies, you're taking a chance with the food - we had "white mystery-meat on white buns" a few years ago during our flight to FLL on Christmas day. In no way, shape, or form, did it even slightly resemble turkey, but we were on vacation, so it didn't ruin our day.

We're so lucky when we cruise that we have the options available to us; if one venue doesn't appeal to us, we go to another. It's quite decadent really, when you consider that most people in the world don't have the choice to eat or not.

Thanks for a chuckle on a quiet Sunday morning.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Cinnabons are much better. The aroma activates your seatmates drool glands. :p

There ya go. I do not care for Cinnabons. There is no way to please everyone, unless mom is in the kitchen and it's not my mom. ;)

Thanks Betty, for the Am chuckle.

VIOLA SWAMP...........

One of my very favorite characters..........glad you got out of the book(s) and are enjoying cruising these days.;)

We even have tote bags with your name and picture on them; hope you do as well.

I hate airline food anyway. :eek:

LOL...:)It wasn't always bad! When we fly now, which is not very often, we've been bringing snacks on board..

ICK!!

I have to say with all the variety we have on HAL a person HAS to find many things they LOVE...some like muesli, some don't, some like lox and bagels for bkfst., some don't., some like a made-to-order omelet and others get irritated because they just want oatmeal............(they should dine in the MDR and be served;))........

Last summer I LOVED the Asian stir-fry at lunch........loved it best when calamari was a choice but I know others don't like that.

Am sure there's even someone who wouldn't like the bread pudding (shame on them).........

My point is.............on HAL you can find many things you LIKE or even LOVE............and, be sure to order the club sandwich available on the Room Service menu...........it's all people say it is! YUM!!

I finally forced myslef to get one, to sit in the cabin and wait, to enjoy it, well, half of it, I shared...........

.........there's too much to do on ships as well!;).too many choices........

Can't wait until June 5th..........after Oosterdam, Veendam, Veendam, Zaandam, Veendam I'm off on Ryndam..........too many choices of ships, too.............love HAL

Thanks Kayef..Can't get myself to try muesli..The name sounds awful..Also can't stand Calamari, but do love Liver & onions when someone else makes it & also enjoy the Bread Puddding..I want real anchovies (more than two) on my Caesar salad..My friends always give me their anchovies..Yummy:)..We usually never order room service but perhaps we'll try the club sandwich on our next cruise..

Thanks everyone, I hoped you would get a kick out of that letter...Just received another copy of the URL from another friend...

Cheers...:)Betty

..I want real anchovies (more than two) on my Caesar salad..My friends always give me their anchovies..Yummy

Remember the big bowl of anchovies on the Regatta....

LOL...Oh yes, real anchovies.. Aren't you scheduled on another Regatta cruise very soon?

Chreers....:)Betty

LOL...Oh yes, real anchovies.. Aren't you scheduled on another Regatta cruise very soon?

Chreers....:)Betty

And do you remember the fresh raspberries for breakfast everyday and the huge slabs of foie gras on the Regatta....

Yes a sandwich always taste better when made by another - right on:) Dh at Thanksgiving insists I make the next day (best part of a turkey dinner) turkey sandwich:D but then again I am a better cook than he is:D

What airlines are you guys flying on that you get food? I haven't seen so much as a cracker or pretzel in years unless I've paid for them.
Continental and KLM both still provide food.

I think I'll avoid flying Virgin - just the photos of that stuff was enough to scare me. :eek: I'd be afraid the person in the emergency exit row would open the door and jump out just to escape from it.

Cinnabons are much better. The aroma activates your seatmates drool glands. :p

If you diet, you can replace 1 Cinnabon with 2 large bacon cheeseburgers and have calories left over.;)

(But they are good [to some].)

Archived