Nassau Botanic Gardens?

c-leg5

Could anyone tell me if they have visited the Botanic Gardens recently and was it worthwhile? I have found the gardens listed in several "things to do" lists but the only review i could find suggested they were not maintained any more. There was no date to this report so I wondered what the situation was currently?

How would the "Retreat" be as an alternative? Would I be able to get a taxi there and back, or would the taxi need to wait on me?

Could anyone tell me if they have visited the Botanic Gardens recently and was it worthwhile? I have found the gardens listed in several "things to do" lists but the only review i could find suggested they were not maintained any more. There was no date to this report so I wondered what the situation was currently?

How would the "Retreat" be as an alternative? Would I be able to get a taxi there and back, or would the taxi need to wait on me?

Botanical Gardens are a "work in progress".. but they are not formal gardens by any means.

The Retreat is located on Village Road.. about 20 minutes outside of town. There won't be any taxi's available for your return unless you arrange for one. Not sure of the hours.. as I've only been there for events.

The IS an occasional Jitney that comes by .. you can hop on that if you are adventurous. (make sure it's going downtown and not the other way.. or you'll be on quite a long trip.

(you would catch the jitney across the street heading towards Nassau via Shirley Street).

We were at the Ardastra Gardens in Nassau 2 weeks ago...thought it would be nice to see....to tell you the truth...I'd use my money on another excursion...just wasn't worth it in my opinion

We were at the Ardastra Gardens in Nassau 2 weeks ago...thought it would be nice to see....to tell you the truth...I'd use my money on another excursion...just wasn't worth it in my opinion

Botanical Gardens are not the same as Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.

Actually.. I like the little zoo.. it's a nice oasis from the bustling crowds when all the cruise ships are in ..

• 6 months later...

Archived