Photos to battle SD withdraw ...

DisneyJen

Thought that those of you who were battling SD withdraw like I am might enjoy these photos taken by a friend on SD2 on Thursday, March 26.

I believe this is the first time SD has called at Norman Island in the BVI.

TheBightatNormanwithWillyT.jpg

The Bight at Norman Island. For those of you familiar with Norman you can spot the famous or should I say infamous Willy T Bar, bottom left.

SDanchoredattheBight.jpg

SD2 at anchor, The Bight, Norman Island

SDTenderatNorman.jpg

SD2 at pier at The Bight, Norman Island

PiratesattheBightonNorman.jpg

Pirates Bight Restaurant and Bar, Norman Island

Okay ... maybe these add to the symptoms instead of curing the symptoms:p

That's what DJ's DH says too ...

Me ... I can just imagine being in those photos. Okay, maybe not the land based ones as that would mean actually leaving the ship.:p

Leaving the ship. That's something I won't do next time we're in the Caribbean on SD. I just don't get those islands. Nothing to do. Dirty. Poor shopping. Forget about fine dining. See, I have lots of reasons to tell my DH that I'd be *SAVING* him money next time we're on SD in the Caribbean. :D

Stupid stock market. It's thwarting my yachting plans! :mad:

Thanks for passing along these great photos!

Thought that those of you who were battling SD withdraw like I am might enjoy these photos taken by a friend on SD2 on Thursday, March 26.

I believe this is the first time SD has called at Norman Island in the BVI.

I was surprised to learn that SD2 did not give its passengers a chance to enjoy the Willie T experience during their visit to Norman Island. Hopefully, next time will be different....

I was surprised to learn that SD2 did not give its passengers a chance to enjoy the Willie T experience during their visit to Norman Island. Hopefully, next time will be different....

Tender service to the Willie T would have been incredible!!

TheBightatNormanwithWillyT.jpg

The Bight at Norman Island. For those of you familiar with Norman you can spot the famous or should I say infamous Willy T Bar, bottom left.

So not only is DJ mathematically challenged, but directionally too (sorry Dear!). The William Thornton is bottom RIGHT in this picture. I still have an empty bottle of rum from a recent (under 15 years!) bareboat charter visit... as I recall it took us HOURS to cook the chicken breasts on the grill, off the back of our 38' monohull. We were moored in the upper right hand corner of this picture. While that is my ULTIMATE R&R vaction, bareboating just can't compare to SD (in terms of how relaxed DJ is) in terms of cooking, cleaning, provisioning, navigating (although DJ really TRIES...note directional challenge cited above:eek:) and chilling (literally) in an air-conditioned stateroom.

My fondest memory of bareboating, is our tradition of "finishing the provisions", which I can only correlate to "having a mimosa in our stateroom before disembarkation" on SD...

So not only is DJ mathematically challenged' date=' but directionally too (sorry Dear!). The William Thornton is bottom RIGHT in this picture. I still have an empty bottle of rum from a recent (under 15 years!) bareboat charter visit... as I recall it took us HOURS to cook the chicken breasts on the grill, off the back of our 38' monohull. We were moored in the upper right hand corner of this picture. While that is my ULTIMATE R&R vaction, bareboating just can't compare to SD (in terms of how relaxed DJ is) in terms of cooking, cleaning, provisioning, navigating (although DJ really TRIES...note directional challenge cited above:eek:) and chilling (literally) in an air-conditioned stateroom.

My fondest memory of bareboating, is our tradition of "finishing the provisions", which I can only correlate to "having a mimosa in our stateroom before disembarkation" on SD...[/quote']

Actually I do much better when we talk about port (left) and starboard (right) ... and as far as the math thing ... hey what do you want from a person who holds Liberal Arts degrees??

As for cooking the chicken ... well let's just say that you almost set the boat on fire:eek:

I say let the sailing to the professionals:cool:

...As for cooking the chicken ... well let's just say that you almost set the boat on fire:eek:

I say let the sailing to the professionals:cool:

Um...ALMOST, as in horseshoes and nuclear bombs...

Bottom line - a TOTALLY different entertainment experience (no couples stuffing $ bills into waistbands, to the tune of "it's raining men"....) but talk about "playing with fire:eek:"

Um...ALMOST' date=' as in horseshoes and nuclear bombs...

Bottom line - a TOTALLY different entertainment experience (no couples stuffing $ bills into waistbands, to the tune of "it's raining men"....) but talk about "playing with fire:eek:"[/quote']

So why does the Bugs Bunny version of "Fire" (written and sung by Bruce Springsteen) come to mind?

Hopefully my friend will provide some new photos this week to keep our SD withdraw at bay or as others feel ... to feed our SD addiction:p

Um...ALMOST' date=' as in horseshoes and nuclear bombs...

Bottom line - a TOTALLY different entertainment experience (no couples stuffing $ bills into waistbands, to the tune of "it's raining men"....) but talk about "playing with fire:eek:"[/quote']

You are one brave person to touch that topic!

So why does the Bugs Bunny version of "Fire" (written and sung by Bruce Springsteen) come to mind?

As a Springsteen afficionado I have to ask about the reference to the "Bugs Bunny version" of "Fire". That's a new one on me.

Bottom line - a TOTALLY different entertainment experience (no couples stuffing $ bills into waistbands' date=' to the tune of "it's raining men"....) but talk about "playing with fire:eek:"[/quote']

Not necessarily. As I recall, there's a certain tradition involving the Willie T and jumping off the ship.....

As a Springsteen afficionado I have to ask about the reference to the "Bugs Bunny version" of "Fire". That's a new one on me.

I'm such a silly wabbit ... it's Elmer Fudd

Not necessarily. As I recall, there's a certain tradition involving the Willie T and jumping off the ship.....

DJ's DH is afraid of heights so he hasn't honored that tradition ... nor have I. We have been on the Willie T when others have honored the tradition:eek:

Archived