Flight info out of Seattle

Christapie

We are leaving out of Seattle in August for our first cruise to Alaska. Never even been to Seattle. Can one fly into Seattle and still make the ship?

Also, on debarking day what is the soonest to get a flight out ot Seattle?

Thanks for info.

Christapie

We are leaving out of Seattle in August for our first cruise to Alaska. Never even been to Seattle. Can one fly into Seattle and still make the ship?

Also, on debarking day what is the soonest to get a flight out ot Seattle?

Thanks for info.

Christapie

What you need to do is go over to the North america Homeports forum and scroll to Westcoast departures. all sorts of info there on Seattle. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

From where and to where?

Always fly in the day before unless it's absolutely impossible for you; for Princess you have to have flight on day of cruising that arrives by 1:30 p.m. Departures after 11:00 a.m. on disembark day. We have 11:30 am. flight to east coast that gets us in w/ one change by 9:00 p.m. but depends on connections etc.

Caroline,

What you wrote is comforting. We have a flight after disembarking Golden Princess that leaves at 11:25. Having never been to Seattle, I had been nervous about a flight that early.

Any suggestions on how to disembark the ship and get to the airport? Should we hand carry our own luggage off? Take a taxi?

I appreciate any help.

Fran

Fran,

Under the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess site there is a link on the right hand side of the page that called "download forms and documents" Follow that link and it will display a number of documents. Open the bottom document titled "Seattle, Washington" Within the Seattle Washington document from Princess you will find a link to the port and transfer information. Your answer lies there :)

Sharpie13,

Thanks for your help. I checked out the form, but it shows information on embarking the ship, not disembarking. Also, the information on the form gets you to Pier 30. I believe Princess will be using Pier 91 by the time we sail.

Fran

Fran,

You better be burning daylight if your going to try and make a 11:30 flight from Sea-Tac. I would try to get on a later flight. You want to arrive a day early for your cruise. Take in some of our local sights. Seattle is a lovey place in the summer months.

Sharpie13,

Thanks for your help. I checked out the form, but it shows information on embarking the ship, not disembarking. Also, the information on the form gets you to Pier 30. I believe Princess will be using Pier 91 by the time we sail.

Fran

If you click on the harbour link, they have information on all the various transfer services. Each transfer service in turn shows timeframes required for booking the transfer to the airport :)

Thank you for the suggestions. We have never been to Seattle, but after looking at things to do now I am thinking of going in 2 days prior to cruising. We have only cruised the Caribbean, so this is really new territory for us.....

From where and to where?

Always fly in the day before unless it's absolutely impossible for you; for Princess you have to have flight on day of cruising that arrives by 1:30 p.m. Departures after 11:00 a.m. on disembark day. We have 11:30 am. flight to east coast that gets us in w/ one change by 9:00 p.m. but depends on connections etc.

Thanks Caroline. We are flying out of CLT and have never been to Seattle let alone Alaska!!!

Only one experience going out of Seattle. On our cruise there was a hang up on disembarkation. First person off was close to 10 AM

No one knows what going on with Pier 91. The only fact we know is the pier is on the North side of town. I'm guessing it's 4-5 miles further from the airport. While most cruises come and go on the weekend, traffic will be the major factor in travel time.

Archived