More Tahitian Questions..

fhmoore

A few more questions for anyone whose sailed the Tahitian Princess...

The Princess website matrix for dining options on all their ships shows nothing but the Main dining room open for dinner. Is the buffet open during the formal dining times? There's something called the Pizzaria/Tratoria open for part of the time and a Bisto open from 11PM till 4AM. But, if you link on the Ships menu and go to the features of the Tahitian..it states a 24 hour buffet?

The shower appears very small...is that an optical illusion...hopefully!!

Anyone remember the cost of the washers and dryers (coins or bills?) or are they free??

Is there a coffee/tea station open 24 hrs? I really loved that feature on the last few ships we've been on. This being our first Princess you always think things will be different than what you're used to!

Thanks in advance!

Frances

dinner is served in the buffet area (at least it was when we were last on tp) but the full buffet not open

suites and minis have decent sized showers but in some other rooms the shower is tiny not small

the laundry machines take quarters i think its $1 to use each

there is coffee/tea 24hrs a day in the buffet area but the coffee is not good

Anyone remember the cost of the washers and dryers (coins or bills?) or are they free??

Frances

It costs $1 to wash and $1 to dry. Open the dryer a few minutes prior to it finishing to see if the clothes are dry. If not you can add another quarter or two instead of the entire $1 that it will cost if you wait till the dryer finishes. You will need quarters but I bleieve there is a change machine in the laundry room. However, sometimes it is empty so I tried to have the change with me when I went to the laundry room.

The Princess website matrix for dining options on all their ships shows nothing but the Main dining room open for dinner. Is the buffet open during the formal dining times? There's something called the Pizzaria/Tratoria open for part of the time and a Bisto open from 11PM till 4AM. But, if you link on the Ships menu and go to the features of the Tahitian..it states a 24 hour buffet?

Is there a coffee/tea station open 24 hrs? I really loved that feature on the last few ships we've been on. This being our first Princess you always think things will be different than what you're used to!

Thanks in advance!

Frances

There is a 24 hour buffet. Part of it is roped off as menu service for dinner every evening.

Showers are small.

Washers & dryers $1 each. They take US quarters. There is a change machine and the Purser's Desk also makes change.

Coffee, tea and ice tea are available 24 hours at the buffet.

Detergent is free in the Laundry room. When you start your wash, push a button, and the detergent is added to the washer. You can not push the button, and add your own detergent, if you like. There is no fabric softener. You should bring your own dryer sheets if you want fabric softener.

dinner is served in the buffet area (at least it was when we were last on tp) but the full buffet not open

This used to be the case, but was changed in September 2007 after the Tahitian came out of wet dock. The buffet is now open for dinner and my DW and I took advantage of it on our Hawaii to Tahiti cruise so that we did not have to dress formally.

This used to be the case, but was changed in September 2007 after the Tahitian came out of wet dock. The buffet is now open for dinner and my DW and I took advantage of it on our Hawaii to Tahiti cruise so that we did not have to dress formally.

I am so glad they changed this. We sailed on the Tahitian several years ago and except for mainly pizza (sit down, no carry outs) in the evening, there was absolutely no alternative except for the small room service menu. There were nights we came back from the islands of Tahiti and were exhausted from long days in the water, and the last thing we wanted to do is sit through a long dinner and make small talk with our dining partners.

It has kept us off this class of ship ever since.

I am so glad it has been confirmed that Princess has come up with an alternate buffet, even a small one. I think it will get many back onboard these smaller ships that don't enjoy the diningroom experience every night of their cruise, for whatever reason. :)

We went last year and as I recall, the Pizzaria is only open in the late afternoon. They usually have a choice of two different pizzas available (which rotate on a daily basis) but you cannot request items. It is not made to order.

It was good pizza though.

The bistro is outside near the pool and where you can get burgers, fries, hot dogs etc... Nothing special here, unless you missed lunch or something.

Showers, yes are quite small. Adequate but very small.

Hope you have a great time. The Tahitian cruise is one the best!

Frances

We went last year and as I recall, the Pizzaria is only open in the late afternoon. They usually have a choice of two different pizzas available (which rotate on a daily basis) but you cannot request items. It is not made to order.

It was good pizza though.

The bistro is outside near the pool and where you can get burgers, fries, hot dogs etc... Nothing special here, unless you missed lunch or something.

Showers, yes are quite small. Adequate but very small.

Hope you have a great time. The Tahitian cruise is one the best!

I think you are confuaing the Bistro with the grill/BBQ by the pool. The Bistro on the Tahitian has always been a sit down style restaurant in the buffet area in the past. Even on larger ships, the bistro is not out by the pool by an actual restaurant setting inside. :confused:

Archived