Need help for return flight time

Janet S.

We are looking at flights for our cruise in November on the Westerdam. Going back home on Sunday, December 6, 2009 there is an 11:30 am return flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. Would we be able to make this flight? Thanks for any help.

Making an 11:30 A.M. flight shouldn't be a problem. Ft. Lauderdale International is roughly four miles from the port. Cabs are readily available to carry you from the crise ship terminal to the airport.

I would suggest that you do two things. First, make the customer service desk aboard ship aware of your flight time. Second, when you disembark have one person in your party reclaim luggage and take the luggage through customs. While that is going on have another person in your party get the cab. This minimizes the time you'll spend getting in route to the airport.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

You may also want to check Pt. Everglades website to see how many ships are in port that day. Makes a huge difference at both the port and airport.

Roz

You may also want to check Pt. Everglades website to see how many ships are in port that day. Makes a huge difference at both the port and airport.

Roz

Fve ships in port that day: Independence of the Seas, Carnival Miracle, Westerdam, Emerald Princess. 12,038 cruisers

http://www.cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=212&date=16

Roz, thanks for the tip about the website. I did check and there will be the Westerdam and the Emerald Princess docking on December 6th. Do you think that we should use HAL's bus transfer or just take a cab back to the airport for the 11:30 departure? Appreciate all help.

Roz, thanks for the tip about the website. I did check and there will be the Westerdam and the Emerald Princess docking on December 6th. Do you think that we should use HAL's bus transfer or just take a cab back to the airport for the 11:30 departure? Appreciate all help.

Since you will probably be slightly pressed for time, I think you should take a taxi to the airport. If you use HAL's bus transportation, you'll have to wait until the bus fills up before they leave for the airport. The airport is only minutes away, so taxi fare shouldn't be a heck of a lot. ;)

HI, We just got off the Eurodam last week. We had early departure and that meant we had to take our own bags off the ship instead of putting them out the door the night before. We took our own bags off the ship and we were at Ft. Lauderdale Airport by 8:15 a.m.. You will get some information the first day after you board about disembarkation. YOu simply put on that form that you want early disembarkation which means you have to leave the ship between 7:00 a.m and 7:45 a.m. That should leave plenty plenty of time to catch your flight. Our flight left at 11:00 a.m. and I was worried about it. Several people on this forum had advised not to make your departure before noon. There is no need to do that. ;)

Boytjie, the next flight is 3:00 pm. Since it is a Sunday, we would rather not take an extra vacation day on Monday (although I probably will to do the laundry!)

JaneMo, thank you for the early disembarkation advice. I think that with that advice we should not have a problem.

Thanks again everyone for the wonderful help.

Now does anyone have any comments about VF cabin 5063. That is what we are booked in.

Boytjie, the next flight is 3:00 pm. Since it is a Sunday, we would rather not take an extra vacation day on Monday (although I probably will to do the laundry!)

JaneMo, thank you for the early disembarkation advice. I think that with that advice we should not have a problem.

Thanks again everyone for the wonderful help.

Now does anyone have any comments about VF cabin 5063. That is what we are booked in.

In that case, do the self disembarkation and cab it to the airport; that would be a long wait. And pray nothing goes wrong to delay disembarkation. :)

When we self-disembarked we were at the airport just after 8 am.

Thanks to everyone. I think I'll book the 11:30 flight back. We'll try to be off the ship early and then take a cab. Thanks again.

If you don't have a lot of luggage use the express disembarkation. You will be off the ship by 8:00 AM. Plenty of time to clear security at the airport and make your flight.

Well a week ago disembarkation from the Ryndam in San Diego was delayed about an hour because the ship had not been "cleared". Many passengers were paged to go to the front desk.

Hank

Archived