Need Help! FLL Hotel?

Minnie M.

Hi There!

We booked a last minute cruise out of Port Everglades in FLL on April 11. We decided to stay over the night before and after our cruise and are trying to find a hotel that will offer the complimentary shuttle between the airport and cruise port. I have been researching online and through these threads but I thought it might be a good idea to put this up in hopes that some help could save me a lot of trouble. I've looked into some of the hotels that were mentioned here and I'm surprised to see that they are pretty expensive for such a basic place. The night before we are coming in late so we're not too concerned about where we are staying ... just a place to rest our head. As for the night after cruise, since we'll be there all day we'd figure on doing something a bit nicer. If anyone has any information to offer about where to stay or even where not to stay .. it would be such a help!

Thanks! :)

Here's the deal with FLL hotels: you either get expensive but convenient for the port, or cheaper but further away. Hotels with free shuttles are at a premium, because they know that's what everyone is looking for. We ended up staying further out and renting a car; since we were there for 3 nights, it ended up being cost-effective for us.

Try the La Quinta FLL airport using the USTBLE or USAROL; it gets good reviews here, and I believe it does have shuttles both ways.

I hear what you are saying and you are right. I guess I was just hoping for the best of both worlds! The hotel you mentioned seems to be around $130 which is similar to the prices I was finding $99-$150. Thanks for the info!

first, it is easter weekend....

second...try the Springhill suites or courtyard by marriott....both have shuttles, both are near the airport. the SHS probably has more stuff nearby,

you'll need a cab back as no one picks up FROM the pier.

Thanks for the links ... I had found them before in another thread and they really are so helpful. Yes, I'm aware it's Easter weekend but as we have been on many cruises for holidays in the past - it's never really been an issue. We went with the holiday inn express as they offer the shuttle service and a full breakfast ... $56 per couple .. not too bad. I just figured that perhaps there was someone to shed some light or share some unknown tips that the average cruiser or out of towner wouldn't think of. I see that embassy suites seems to be pretty popular on here for ft. lauderdale so perhaps we'll go with them on the return. They do not offer shuttle service so my only concern is that we have 6 people in our party. I don't know if that means 2 taxi's or if they will have one large enough for us and the luggage? If anyone has traveled before with 6 people, please let me know how your transportation went? Also, if you guys happen to know the aprrox. cost of the taxi rides from the pier to the nearby hotels or even to the airport ... please let me know.

Thanks again everyone! :)

Since the port/airport hotels are running $100 and up anyway, here's another idea that is a little outside of the box: You can get a room for $149 at the Bahia Mar, across the street from the beach and walking distance to beach shops and restaurants. You would have to get your own cab or shuttle to the hotel (under 3 miles) and to the airport (under 5 miles), (maybe a total of $50 for both ways with tip), but it's a great location and a decent hotel and you can walk to everything. The airport location hotels/motels will be similar to being in any suburb, not really like a special vacation.

http://www.bahiamarhotel.com/

Hyatt Place has a shuttle from the Airport and to the Port. Near Embassy Suites but less money and has the shuttle. Also near restaurants. Just stayed there and it was very nice. Also has Continental Breakfast.

Thanks for the links ... I had found them before in another thread and they really are so helpful. Yes, I'm aware it's Easter weekend but as we have been on many cruises for holidays in the past - it's never really been an issue. We went with the holiday inn express as they offer the shuttle service and a full breakfast ... $56 per couple .. not too bad. I just figured that perhaps there was someone to shed some light or share some unknown tips that the average cruiser or out of towner wouldn't think of. I see that embassy suites seems to be pretty popular on here for ft. lauderdale so perhaps we'll go with them on the return. They do not offer shuttle service so my only concern is that we have 6 people in our party. I don't know if that means 2 taxi's or if they will have one large enough for us and the luggage? If anyone has traveled before with 6 people, please let me know how your transportation went? Also, if you guys happen to know the aprrox. cost of the taxi rides from the pier to the nearby hotels or even to the airport ... please let me know.

Thanks again everyone! :)

I found a cheap hotel...I thought...Its free shuttle from the FLL airport to hotel and free shuttle to port...93 bucks for 3 of us...Rodeway Inn 1-954-792-8181.....I also booked on-line at hotels.com...its cheaper that way...

Kris

Its ONE night---I dont need luxury...just cheap

We also are looking for cheap but still having some ammenities for our family to stay at and we found the Comfort Inn Airport and Cruise Port. When we priced out the rooms it was still very cheap. According to their site they also offer FREE shuttle service to and from airport and cruise port. They also have decent reviews. I also priced out Rodeway and the Comfort Inn had better reviews at comparable prices. Plus they have complimentary breakfast which is great.

Archived