My Inspiration Review, with pictures, 3/19!!

beach410

We just booked the Inspiration on 8/1.. Its a surprise for our kids, one is graduating high school and our oldest is turning 21. We were on the Glory in '04. Does this ship have fish and chips.. We loved the fish and chips on the Glory. Hope they do..

It was not George the Greek, to our disappointment, we had the late seating and we had the early, I dont remember his name, but he called him self "Supercharge....." it was a little annoying to say the least, we just tuned hime out.

I had him on my glory cruise in December.

the Inspiration!! We were on her last December and enjoyed ourselves so much we booked it again for next January and can't wait!!! Your Maitre 'D was Joseff!! We had him on the Celebration and really enjoyed him! I hope he is still on the Inspiration when we get there again. I really enjoyed your review and brought back alot of fantastic memories!!! Thanks again.:p

It was not George the Greek, to our disappointment, we had the late seating and we had the early, I dont remember his name, but he called him self "Supercharge....." it was a little annoying to say the least, we just tuned hime out.

We had him also, kind of creepy...

Thank you for doing the review. Going with some good friends as well at the end of April and your review just makes me anticipate what good fun we are going to have. I also appreciated the pictures. Again, thanks for posting.

Thanks for the review. I really enjoyed reading it and looking at the pictures. I did have just a couple of questions if you don't mind answering them. Did they offer the DOD card onboard that is good for 5 of the DOD drinks? What type of drinks are the DOD typically? I like frozen fruity drinks mostly. Thanks!

Thanks for the review. I really enjoyed reading it and looking at the pictures. I did have just a couple of questions if you don't mind answering them. Did they offer the DOD card onboard that is good for 5 of the DOD drinks? What type of drinks are the DOD typically? I like frozen fruity drinks mostly. Thanks!

Yes, they did offer the DOD card, I was contemplating purchasing one, but when I inquired from a cocktail waitress, she was clueless, she said I would have to inquire at the bar. I never bothered, I drank 3 DOD's and they were all fruity, I liked the first day the best, sorry, I dont remember their names. Also, we bought the funnel bank drink, so we would have a souvenier for our youngest, and we wouldnt have been able to use the card for that. It did say that your first DOD would be in a souvenier cup, but the rest in a regular cup.

Hey, your photos are GREAT!! Would you tell me what camera you are using? I'm ready to buy another one. Thanks for the great commentary!

Thanks, well, tough question because I used pictures our friends took as well. So, those pictures are from 3 different cameras. My camera, Xmas present to myself is a Canon Powershot SD790IS, which I love. I am not sure wha my girlfriends camera was, but her DH has NICE equipment, photography is one of his hobbies, the pictures of the peacocks and iguanas were from his camers and one of the sunrise.

He was wasnt he crusin. at least he had a good time. i have had maitre ds that i never saw or heard

He seemed kind of like he was putting on an act, it seemed forced to us, but we laughed a lot because he reminded us of the King on Madagascar 2, the leemer (sp?)..we had a lot of fun with it...

I also wanted to add, even though this was a 4 day, spring cruise, there were not a lot of spring breakers and not a lot of younger kids either. There was a nice mixture of people and we did not witness any drunkeness or roudy/rude behavior from anyone.

Thats great, I hear a lot of great things about the kids camps, I wish we discovered cruising when our kids were younger, my eldest was 14 the first time we ever cruised, our youngest was 6. Our 3 boys participated a little that first cruise. On our last spring break, our middle son had a blast at the Teen Club on the Sensation.

Sorry it took me so long to get back but thank you Beach410 for the pic of the porthole room! It gives me a good idea of what to expect...Loved all the pics especialy the grand mariner souffle...I can't wait for that one... I have missed it! Is the gym really pink? I saw a pic sometime ago and I was hoping with the refirb it has changed.. I just don't see a relaxing workout surrounded by pepto bismol! No prob though I can always do the track! Have a great day and thanks you again so much for all the great pics and great info!!

Micky

Sorry it took me so long to get back but thank you Beach410 for the pic of the porthole room! It gives me a good idea of what to expect...Loved all the pics especialy the grand mariner souffle...I can't wait for that one... I have missed it! Is the gym really pink? I saw a pic sometime ago and I was hoping with the refirb it has changed.. I just don't see a relaxing workout surrounded by pepto bismol! No prob though I can always do the track! Have a great day and thanks you again so much for all the great pics and great info!!

Micky

They gym was not pink! LOL, I cant imagine, I think it was a grey or light blue, honestly, I dont remember, I would have remembered if it was pink though! Have fun!!

Beach10, what a wonderful review!! I really enjoyed it. We will be on the Inspiration in Sept. We've been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel once before and figured they are worth a few more return visits. I live for a cruise and these great reviews and pictures help make the wait a little more bearable. Thanks again!! Oh, I don't know if I missed it or not but how many bottle of liquor did you take off the ship when you returned?

Archived