Approx cost to fly to Miami

DTC

I don't book air a whole lot!! So "ball park" what should I expect to pay from Milwaukee. Also, are there non-stop from Milwaukee or will we have to fly from O'hare in Chicago to get non-stop? Thanks!!

Sorry, February 19th to the 27th. I'm so eager, however alot of the airlines aren't even booking out that far yet. I did find Delta, I believe, for

$330/pp. I didn't think that was too bad. I would like to fly non-stop but I think I'm going to have a hard time finding that from Milwaukee. Maybe Midwest. Again, they aren't booking that far in advance. Patience!! I know, I just don't have alot!!

The best advice I can give you is to sign up for email alerts (daily) on one of the online booking engines ( I use kayak ) when you get closer to your dates. I booked 3 weeks ago for our cruise Aug. 24 and our flights from detroit-miami were showing up at between $185-$240 return (taxes included). Then one morning it popped up showing Northwest for $136 taxes in and I grabbed our 5 flights. Ever since it's been well up in the mid $200 range although I have no need to check much anymore. Good luck.

Thank you so much!! I will go sign up for those emails right now!

Good luck. It might be a while yet before you see some deals for next feb, just be patient and be ready to grab them when they pop up.

I would be looking at Milwaukee and both Chicago airports (ORD and MDW)

Try kayak.com and search nearby airports. Also look at Southwest.com Only a handful of airlines have released their schedule for February. They will all have the schedules out about 6 months before your flight.

Chicago to South Florida should be around $200 but that may change if gas prices go up. Keep in mind demand to Florida goes up in the winter months. Also make sure you fly in at least a day early before your cruise as February is a bad month for snow in the Chicago area.

Also, are there non-stop from Milwaukee or will we have to fly from O'hare in Chicago to get non-stop?

There are no nonstop flights between Milwaukee and Miami. Since Southwest Airlines doesn't fly to Miami, they are not an option between those 2 airports either. Thus, you should follow steve20832's advice to check nearby airports and go to southwest.com once schedules for February become available. If you find a specific set of flights that you would like to monitor, you can do so free at yapta.com (except for flights on Southwest).

I don't book air a whole lot!! So "ball park" what should I expect to pay from Milwaukee. Also, are there non-stop from Milwaukee or will we have to fly from O'hare in Chicago to get non-stop? Thanks!!

You might want to keep an eye on Allegiant Air's as well out of Rockford, IL. They dont serve Fort Lauderdale from Rockford right now, but they've been expanding their service to/from Ft.Lauderdale.

We live in Waukesha, but always fly to Miami nonstop from ORD. We spend the night at a hotel near the airport and fly out early in the a.m. Generally you can do it at $250 or under. There is more than one airline to choose from. Sit tight. You are way early.

I know I'm eager!!! Some friends of ours emailed me today and asked if they could come along!! Now I'm even more excited, if that was possible.

I've been getting my Kayak emails every morning. I should set up an automatic email from Chicago also. Thanks for the advice!!

Patience, patience!! :o

I know I'm eager!!! Some friends of ours emailed me today and asked if they could come along!! Now I'm even more excited, if that was possible.

I've been getting my Kayak emails every morning. I should set up an automatic email from Chicago also. Thanks for the advice!!

Patience, patience!! :o

Just checked American Airlines for your dates ... ORD/MIA as low as $208/person roundtrip plus $21.20 taxes and fees. That's nonstop.

Milwaukee prices significantly higher with, of course, a connection. Amtrak operates between Mitchell and Chicago's downtown Union Station. Further, CoachUSA operates frequent service for a reasonable fee right to O'Hare. You'd likely need to build in an overnight with either of these options.

Midwest currently has airfare at $190 for Feb 19 - Feb 27 from MKE to FLL

MKE to MIA is $343 with Delta but I would wait until a couple months before the cruise before making final plans. Most airlines charge a fee if you want to change the flight times or days. Also, do not pick a flight back from MIA before 12noon.

Just checked American Airlines for your dates ... ORD/MIA as low as $208/person roundtrip plus $21.20 taxes and fees. That's nonstop.

Milwaukee prices significantly higher with, of course, a connection. Amtrak operates between Mitchell and Chicago's downtown Union Station. Further, CoachUSA operates frequent service for a reasonable fee right to O'Hare. You'd likely need to build in an overnight with either of these options.

Actually the OP can park her car at the USA Coach lot for free and pick up the bus there. There is also a nice car service we've used that will pick you up at home. We've done that for early morning flights and hopped the bus back home. Also have stayed at airport hotels the night before and left our car. All will make the flights out of ORD more inviting.

Archived