Pearl W. Caribbean Ports & Excursions

cookie75

Hi all,

We were on the Pearl 3/22 - 3/29 and did the following excursions:

Gumbalimba Park and Tabyana Beach in Roatan

Raiders of the Lost Mayan Caves in Belize

Dolphin Swim & Ride at Dolphinarus in Cozumel

We skipped the private island and stayed on the ship - had the ship to ourselves and did everything we wanted without waiting in line.

If anyone has questions about those excursions I'd be glad to answer them. I will say they were all worth it, as far as we were concerned, and we had a great time, but let me know if you have specific questions.

Hi all,

We were on the Pearl 3/22 - 3/29 and did the following excursions:

Gumbalimba Park and Tabyana Beach in Roatan

Raiders of the Lost Mayan Caves in Belize

Dolphin Swim & Ride at Dolphinarus in Cozumel

We skipped the private island and stayed on the ship - had the ship to ourselves and did everything we wanted without waiting in line.

If anyone has questions about those excursions I'd be glad to answer them. I will say they were all worth it, as far as we were concerned, and we had a great time, but let me know if you have specific questions.

i am going on the same ship next week could you tell me how tabyana beach was and is there bugs like people say and is there bathrooms? is it worth getting off the ship in belize?? and was the dolphin swim worth the money?? thanks so much

;)

Not to hi-jack your thread, but I was also on the Pearl that week & I will list my excursions, also to answer any questions.

Roatan: We did a private tour with Island Marketing, kind of an island tour. The iguana farm was cool and our guide was knowledgeable & entertaining (we had "Larry." He was introduced as Larry, Cynthia's husband - as we don't know Cynthia this seemed funny.) We stopped at a shipwreck, somewhere up on top of the island. There were roadside stands with souvenirs, but no push to buy. It included a very slow canoe ride to see mangroves, which I would probably skip - our canoe was not covered (one was), it was more than an hour ride, very hard benches, no backs so not good for anyone with back problems or trouble sitting still.

Belize: We went on the ship excursion, "Wildlife adventure." I would recommend this, too, it was a boat ride up the Belize River (the best part of the tour) - we saw manatee (noses, anyway), dolphin, alligators and many types of birds. It included lunch: a piece of chicken, beans&rice, and some salad. Then we took a bus to the zoo, which is supposed to be pretty good but we were kind of rushed and it is not well set up for photographers as chain link fences or other wires blocked every view. This trip was supposed to be done at 2pm but we did not get back until 4:30, when the last tender was due to leave but as it was an NCL excursion they knew we were coming.

My daughter went horse back riding here, as well as in Cozumel, and she said the one in Belize was much better. (There was an opportunity to swim in Belize, but no one knew to wear swimsuits; in Cozumel, you were told to wear suits, but then there was no opportunity to swim.)

In Cozumel, we just made a shopping trip, other than my daughter's ride.

We did go over to Great Stirrup Cay, the tendering was not too bad, but the food wasn't worth the trip - same things were available onboard. I wanted to take some pictures, but this was not a particularly scenic island either, but I did get some good shots of the Pearl from the tender. We heard a funny exchange in the elevator about the island: "That place was so crowded! I thought they said it was a private island!" (What did they think, they would be the only people allowed to go or did they have an island set aside for each family?:D Maybe they hadn't noticed the other 2400 passengers onboard!)

We didn't notice any bugs biting, but I think it's still 'winter' there - as each week goes by, I think the bugs will increase.

Archived