Why so few posts on Coral Princess?

madelinerose

Hi...I'm looking at the 10-day Panama Canal from Ft. Lauderdale on the Coral Princess. I'm not finding much info about this ship. Is there a reason why?

The Caribbean Princess seems to be the hot topic.

I prefer the Coral's itinerary and was wondering if anyone has pics to share (seen all the websites' photos) or any inside info about the Coral. I have seen how some of the decks are totally uncovered. We would definitely prefer a covered balcony.

How do you rate the Coral?

Thanks! ;)

Hi,

The Coral Princess is a great ship! Here are some pics:

coral

I think it isn't mentioned often is because most people haven't sailed the Coral or Island Princess. IMHO - these are some of the best ships in Princess' fleet! It seems that the ships that get most of the publicity are those that sail to the Caribbean (Grand, Golden, Star, Caribbean Princess).

Guest THE EDS

Thank you Coral these are by far the most exciting photos I have seen of the Coral will be leaving 12/10 and after seeing your photos I am more excited than ever THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

THE EDS

Those really are wonderful pictures of the Coral Princess, the best I've seen to date. Thanks so much for posting them. I am hoping to do a 10 Panama Canal cruise on the Coral next year, now I'm even more excited about the Coral Princess than I was before.

We were on the Coral this last Feb going through the Panama Canal and loved that ship. I really do prefer the sun-class ships, not too big or not too small. Just perfect. I would not hesitate to go on her again. We are considering going on the Island her sister ship to Hawaii in 2006. By the way we were on the Emerald deck and was totally covered. It was a balcony by the way.

Marilyn

jUST OFF THE 11/10/04 CORAL - BEST CRUISE i HAVE HAD (i LOVE CELEBRITY SUMMIT AND i COMPARE IT THE SAME)

FOOD WAS GOOD, ENTERTAINMENT WAS GREAT, BEAUTIFUL SHIP, FRIENDLY STAFF, GREAT ROOM

IF i CAN ANSWER QUESTIONS, LET ME KNOW

CAROL IN CONNECTICUT

We were on the 10/31 sailing of the Coral and really enjoyed it. I think the Coral is a nice blend of the features on a typical Sun Class ship and the features on a Grand Class ship. For example, it carries fewer passengers than the Grand class, but has the covered pool and the Explorers Lounge. I also thought the atrium was more interesting than on the Grand (though not as nice as on the Sea or Dawn). Overall, it is a nice blend of both worlds.

Here is the link to my review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=99623

We're setting sail on the Coral December 10th for a partial transit through Panama Canal. We have a mini suite on Dolphin deck. You mentioned Emerald deck with totally covered balcony. Do you think it's worth trying to change from Dolphin to Emerald decks? Maybe it's too late but it's worth a try.

Torontotl- A group of us are thinking of the same cruise for xmas 2005. the dates are perfect! Kids dont miss any school and it covers both holidays. Any chance you have a daughter. Our goup of kids are all boys and my daughter goes crazy. In a few more years she will love it. :)

We are leaving on Dec. 28 for a New Year's cruise on the Coral. I booked this trip last Dec. 31 so it has been almost a year! I found lots of posts on the ship a year ago. I can't wait as I have read some wonderful things about the ship.

Just off the 11-20 sailing and we had a balcony on Caribe. We could look down directly onto the balconies below us, so if that bothers you a different deck may be better. Actually, I was wishing we were on the Dolphin Deck. They could look directly down into the water and watch pilots disembarking, etc. We could ot see as well as they could.

Let me know if more questions.

Erin

Those really are wonderful pictures of the Coral Princess, the best I've seen to date. Thanks so much for posting them. I am hoping to do a 10 Panama Canal cruise on the Coral next year, now I'm even more excited about the Coral Princess than I was before.

Hello .... I have never been on the Coral Princess either and I am so excited to try her out next year on a 10-day Panama Canal Cruise (March 2006). I am going with a group on this cruise ... let me know if your interested.

Archived