Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

Roz a fun thing we love to do is honor everyones BDays and Anniversaries. If you like, all I need are your Month and days and I will add you to our list.

Years ago, I rode with my parents up the coast to BC and really enjoyed that drive. have a wonderful and safe trip.

Gay

Morey.....September 7th (Celebrate in Alaska)

Roz........September 21st (Celebrate early in Alaska)

News Flash.....Virgo's can marry each other and last!!!!!!

Brenda....May 20th

Anniversary......April 15th (can't forget the date)

Road trips are one of our most favorite things to do.

We once took a motorhome all over the United States for almost 6 months. That was a blast. ;)

Morey had to see where the war between the North & South was faught and I had to see Elvis's house.

Morey purchased a bus that was built by the same company that built the "LisaMarie", Elvis's tour bus. It was so outrageous! It was like driving an apartment down the highway! We had more fun in that thing. We parked it next to Elvis's bus [which wasright across the street from Graceland] and, took tons of pictures.

I know, I know, I should grow-up but this WestCoast ,L.A. girl loved Elvis!!!!!!! I still do!!!!! :rolleyes: So corny!!!

Roz thank you for all the dates and have included Brenda your dear Service Dog :),

We have a 2002 28.5 Montana 5th Wheel Trailer, but have not done any long trips yet. Our longest two years ago was to Albuequeque, NM for the Balloon Festival, and that was alot of fun. We should plan a longer trip and see the country.

Gay

Roz thank you for all the dates and have included Brenda your dear Service Dog :),

We have a 2002 28.5 Montana 5th Wheel Trailer, but have not done any long trips yet. Our longest two years ago was to Albuequeque, NM for the Balloon Festival, and that was alot of fun. We should plan a longer trip and see the country.

Gay

Gay, why we're always in a rush to go to Europe or some other far and distant land, just gets me.....Our own USA is amazingly beautiful and, has so much more to offer and so many better services than any other country in the world.

I know, we did it too. We had to see Paris and Switzerland and, the Black Forest...but, when we got home we were so grateful for what we have here.

We're in no hurry to fly overseas ever again. With all our travels we still haven't seen the Pennsylvania Dutch country or the big sky over Montana and before I die, those are destinations that I want to visit.

Thought I'd drop in and say hello to all my West Coast Cruiser friends!

I've been lazy and not posting here...my bad!

Hi Linda: Are you on the Sept trip from Ak to San Diego on the Radiance? I just noticed on your sig--- I know a Tony and Gregg who will be on there - we cruised with them on a TA/Brilliance/ Nov 05 and again in 06 but we didn't meet on the 05 sailing... we met on the 06 after we realized we were all on the same ship the year before! Narce and I will meet them when they are in SF on the 22nd.

Miss ya - hope you will be in more often!! Carol

Roz.......... O M G!!! Elvis-- bring him on!!

both hubby and I love him - love his voice and esp during the 60's when he was making those movies - Blue Hawaii is my most favorite.

I have all of his CD's = the newest one being the Christmas duets one with other singers -- I know, he is better alone but it's an Elvis CD so that's why I bought it... I also have two of Lisa Marie's -

Never been to Graceland and that's on our list... you are right, we need to discover our own USA ... you will love Pennsyl. Dutch country - Amish country, etc... my SIL lives there so we try to visit her when we can - we live driving around in PA - country side is just beautiful.

Carol

Roz if you never have been two places you'd love are Bryce and Zion Canyons. Now that is a marvel of Mother nature.

Carol you said something about meeting some people on the 22nd, in SF, the date of our lunch?

Sailing on the Radiance again would be something to look forward to, generally look to sail on differant ships but ROS would be a pleasure to sail on again.

Gay

Roz, welcome to the Left Coast thread. I like your idea of the Rubbermaid container. I'm also a Virgo, and I love Elvis! I'm with you about flying to ports - I really don't like it much. We are flying to Vancouver in September to board the Millennium for a Wine cruise down the coast to Los Angeles, and then flying back to Sacramento. That's about as far as I want to fly any more. On our last cruise, there were seeing eye dogs on board. You wouldn't have known if you weren't looking for them. Two lovely labs and a Golden retriever were the ones I saw most often. :)

Roz, welcome to the Left Coast thread. I like your idea of the Rubbermaid container. I'm also a Virgo, and I love Elvis! I'm with you about flying to ports - I really don't like it much. We are flying to Vancouver in September to board the Millennium for a Wine cruise down the coast to Los Angeles, and then flying back to Sacramento. That's about as far as I want to fly any more. On our last cruise, there were seeing eye dogs on board. You wouldn't have known if you weren't looking for them. Two lovely labs and a Golden retriever were the ones I saw most often. :)

nancy - I accidently deleted your message - i was suppose to press open but I pressed delete --- please re-send so I can have your addy - thax again-- Carol

Roz if you never have been two places you'd love are Bryce and Zion Canyons. Now that is a marvel of Mother nature.

Carol you said something about meeting some people on the 22nd, in SF, the date of our lunch?

Sailing on the Radiance again would be something to look forward to, generally look to sail on differant ships but ROS would be a pleasure to sail on again.

Gay

No gay - that's the 22nd of Sept... 22nd of Aug is our lunch and I won't miss that for anything!! the 22nd of Sept we are meeting friends we met on the Billiance Nov 06 - they are on the same AK cruise as LInda of Diamond Cruisers =-- carol

Hi Corkey and other Left Coasters,

My next Mariner cruise is Sept 20th. Just 38 days!

Two of my grownup sons are going with me. They are going to love this cruise!

Remember I was on the Inaugural in Feb. too. I had such a good time that I booked this one the next day after we got home. Same cabin and all!

We are going to the Mystery dinner the 1st night out.

Did you do the Stone Island tour last time? I booked the one on line instead of the RCL one which costs twice as much.

Hope it`s not too hot.

Not much activity on our cruise critic thread, we need a "Corkey" to keep things lively! :)

Frances (surfcitylady)

nancy - I accidently deleted your message - i was suppose to press open but I pressed delete --- please re-send so I can have your addy - thax again-- Carol

Carol I have her email but will let her send it to you, don't like to forward email addresses without permission.

Ok saw the 22nd and immediately thought of our lunch. yikes.

Gay

I've been deleted.....:eek:

Message received and email sent again.....:D

Hi Corkey and other Left Coasters,

My next Mariner cruise is Sept 20th. Just 38 days!

Two of my grownup sons are going with me. They are going to love this cruise!

Remember I was on the Inaugural in Feb. too. I had such a good time that I booked this one the next day after we got home. Same cabin and all!

We are going to the Mystery dinner the 1st night out.

Did you do the Stone Island tour last time? I booked the one on line instead of the RCL one which costs twice as much.

Hope it`s not too hot.

Not much activity on our cruise critic thread, we need a "Corkey" to keep things lively! :)

Frances (surfcitylady)

I have to admit, I do a lot of chitter chatter!! heehee!! Have fun on your cruise - I know your Boys will love it.

- our roll call for the Feb one was certainly lively - the first group who signed up for it was fun but seems they all cancelled the cruise except for Laura from AZ -- then others joined in and we continued the lively roll call til we all met - it was really fun knowing everyone - to be continued in April 2011 --

I didn't do Stone Island - we went on the tours on those vans that nearly kidnap you as you get off the ship! they were fun tho' = good guides.

carol

I have to admit, I do a lot of chitter chatter!! heehee!! Have fun on your cruise - I know your Boys will love it.

- our roll call for the Feb one was certainly lively - the first group who signed up for it was fun but seems they all cancelled the cruise except for Laura from AZ -- then others joined in and we continued the lively roll call til we all met - it was really fun knowing everyone - to be continued in April 2011 --

I didn't do Stone Island - we went on the tours on those vans that nearly kidnap you as you get off the ship! they were fun tho' = good guides.

carol

Hi Carol,

Thanks for sending the picture. Saw a lot of familiar faces. Maybe I can manage the April 2011, that`s a long ways off, though.

Cousin Dolorous is wanting to take her daughter next time. She has never cruised and I know she will be hooked, just like the rest of us!

I do like having one or two on the calendar, something to work toward.

Frances

Hi Carol,

Thanks for sending the picture. Saw a lot of familiar faces. Maybe I can manage the April 2011, that`s a long ways off, though.

Cousin Dolorous is wanting to take her daughter next time. She has never cruised and I know she will be hooked, just like the rest of us!

I do like having one or two on the calendar, something to work toward.

Frances

Yes, it would be nice if you and Dolorous and her daughter and yours can join us on April 2011... just let us know. There's still the Infinity/Celebrity one in may 2010 to Alaska too..

that's it, once you are hooked on cruising, you just can't stop! glad you got the pic - I know you remember Char/Jim and Janice and Patrick...

Off to Reno for 3 days - chat with you all on Monday.. Carol

Happy Friday to all our LCC friends.

Seems many are heading out to parties or little trips, including John & I on Sunday for a BBQ, so enjoy everyone.

Frances that would be wonderful if you are able to join our Calif Cruise April 2011. We do have a Roll going already for the Mariner.

Gay

Nancy when were you on the Sea princess, I may have asked you this already. We took our 1st cruise on teh Sea Princess, in April 2002 for a 10 day Mex Riviera and that got us hooked.

Gay

We were on the Sea Princess June/July 2009. It was a 10 day round trip San Francisco-Alaska-San Francisco. I think the ship goes into dry dock in September. We had a great time on the Sea. :)

Our two Princess ships have been the Sea & Sun Princess. We took the Sun Princess on the 17 day Panama out of Ft Lauderdale to Seattle in 2006 and felt the Sun Princess was even prettier even though at that time she was 10 yrs old. My only real complaint with Princess is their size of Balcony rooms. Other then that, we are very happy to go with Princess if the itnerary and price is right. Lately they seem alot higher then RCL for same cruises. An example was our Hawaiian Cruise, RCL beat them out in both price and itnerary.

Gay

Archived