My review of the Shearton and Old San Juan

I went to this site http://hotelplusportal.com and found the same hotel room at the Sheraton Old San Juan for a total of $116.00 for the night of September 20th.

I could be mistaken, but somehow it seems like a better deal and more sure than bidding through Priceline or Hotwire to me.

- Sharon -

WOW! I Just put in our dates and got $500/night! Yikes!:eek:

LOL at this description. Neither of these hotels sound like the Sheraton. It's probably just not listed right now. I'd keep checking every day until the 3* appears. For example, I'm looking for the Sheraton for 2/6/2010 for 1 night. if I put only one night stay, no 3* hotels appear. If I put in the search a 2 night stay, the 3* hotel appears for $169/night. The amenities on this search match the Sheraton exactly. So, I can assume I cannot book the Sheraton for one night for this date. But, I'll keep checking back. (The 6th is a Saturday night ... probably very busy).

Oops! You said 2/6/2010 so Feb 6th.... The three Kings is early January. Don't know how I read that as 01/06 :p

WOW...what a great tip...I just booked the Sheraton for Fri Nov 13th for

$117.80 total...and the cheapest I found prior to this was $143.10 on the

AARP Expedia website....I hope they don't put us in the basement!!!

Has anyone else used this site with success before?? I am surely going to

save it as a "favorite" now...

Thanks again to the crusie critic community!!

Kay

Yikes! This is the cheapest price I've seen anywhere, i.e. Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, etc., for the Sheraton Old San Juan which is EXACTLY where we want to stay. It's nice not having to guess which property you are getting. $115 a night in November with all taxes and service charges included! Thanks again for the tip!

I had never heard of this website prior to reading about it this morning on CC. The room description it gave was "Traditional Room" which probably means we won't get the King room but at that price it didn't matter to me. Under special instructions I put that it was our 25th anniversary so maybe they will upgrade us, but if not, who cares. We will have just gotten off a ship so I can't complain! :))))

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We will be staying one night at the Sheraton on August 22. We leave on our cruise the next day with Carnival Victory.

My question...how long does it take to get to the pier? What would be the best way to get there...taxi? Walk?

What time should we try to check in the boat?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hello,

We will be staying one night at the Sheraton on August 22. We leave on our cruise the next day with Carnival Victory.

My question...how long does it take to get to the pier? What would be the best way to get there...taxi? Walk?

Thanks in advance!!!

The Sheraton is about 200 yards from pier 4. We are going to walk over about 11 AM.

http://www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Thanks in advance!!!

Sorry, just getting back to this thread. Thanks for the tip on the other site for pricing. I'm always up for the best deal!

As far as getting to the Carnival Victory, as the previous poster said, you can easily walk. But, be prepared, the lines to get on the Victory started early in the morning. One couple was out on the pier as the sun rose (they had a red eye flight, obviously the exception). However, the sheraton is a madhouse in the morning, as were the lines to board Carnival, and check out is 10:00 a.m. on Sat and Sunday.

My advise is to check out, let the sheraton porters hold your luggage, hop on the free trolley for a couple hour tour of OSJ. When you get back to the port area, you can see how long the lines are. If they are still long, you can hang around OSJ until you notice them letting people on the ship. No need to go wait in line, as you can easily see the line length from the Sheraton. I believe they started letting people on around 1:00 if my memory serves me right.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheryl

LOL at this description. Neither of these hotels sound like the Sheraton. It's probably just not listed right now. I'd keep checking every day until the 3* appears. For example, I'm looking for the Sheraton for 2/6/2010 for 1 night. if I put only one night stay, no 3* hotels appear. If I put in the search a 2 night stay, the 3* hotel appears for $169/night. The amenities on this search match the Sheraton exactly. So, I can assume I cannot book the Sheraton for one night for this date. But, I'll keep checking back. (The 6th is a Saturday night ... probably very busy).

Thanks for this explanation. I too was baffled by the fact it was not coming up so I changed my dates to see if I could find it and by changing the dates I now see what is probably the Sheraton. So, since it is not coming up on the date I need I guess it's not available right now. I'm going to keep trying though to see.

Any other suggestions for hotels in Old San Juan???

Archived