Won a Celebrity cruise!

Beth AC

I just found out I won a 5 night cruise on Celebrity! Don't have the details yet, I only know I can't use the last 2 weeks of December, and I get a balcony.

Any suggestions where and when I should go? I'm from NJ, so an east coast departure would be good.

thanks all!

Beth

Congratulations on your win! How did you win it? Did you enter a drawing somewhere?

I won a HAL cruise in a raffle drawing and a Regent Navigator cruise from a travel agency drawing. You might enjoy a Caribbean cruise in the nice warm sun. :)

I just found out I won a 5 night cruise on Celebrity! Don't have the details yet, I only know I can't use the last 2 weeks of December, and I get a balcony.

Any suggestions where and when I should go? I'm from NJ, so an east coast departure would be good.

thanks all!

Beth

Hi Beth, congratulations:) The only 5 night sailings Celebrity

offers are on CENTURY. She sails from Miami so that would

be your port of departure. And she only sails from there for part of the year.

Check the X website for dates.

How did you win a cruise?:D

Lucky you! I am also from NJ...have often flown out of AC on Spirit. Have done a 5nt on Century this yr & really liked the ship. We have also done a 10 nt out of Bayonne on the Connie if you are allowed to stretch the length by paying for the extra 5 days.

Either way...lucky you!!

thanks all!

Beth

That’s great Beth!

Sounds like you will be heading back on the Century soon. If so than I think I still have an extra name tag label already printed out for you;). Oh and if you can’t make the trip down and need to do something with your FREE CRUISE I think I know someone in FL that could help you out with that.:D

Lucky you, I still have to pay for all my cruises,

Joel :)

Hi everyone!

I won a raffel drawing from The Villages Cheerleaders (FL) to benefit Relay for Life. They sold 1000 tickets at $10 each. I bought 3 tickets from my darling MIL, and lucky I did because the last ticket is the one that won!!

I should be getting the official info packet this week.

I've been eyeing that 7-day out of San Juan. The more ports, the better! Would love feedback!

PS: Making this a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. I'm taking my 2 best friends and leaving the hubby and son at home. Hubby is a gem and fully encouraging this! What a lucky lady I am.

Beth

Hi everyone!

I won a raffel drawing from The Villages Cheerleaders (FL) to benefit Relay for Life. They sold 1000 tickets at $10 each. I bought 3 tickets from my darling MIL, and lucky I did because the last ticket is the one that won!!

I've been eyeing that 7-day out of San Juan. The more ports, the better! Would love feedback!

PS: Making this a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. I'm taking my 2 best friends and leaving the hubby and son at home. Hubby is a gem and fully encouraging this! What a lucky lady I am.

Beth

wow, so you are able to do however many nights?:) Not just 5?

You pay for the difference?

Yes, I believe I can pay the difference for a 7 night cruise. I will also have to pay for the additional person. I don't have details yet, but hopefully it won't cost too much to make some changes.

I am so excited!!

Beth

Yes, I believe I can pay the difference for a 7 night cruise. I will also have to pay for the additional person. I don't have details yet, but hopefully it won't cost too much to make some changes.

I am so excited!!

Beth

Congrats Beth. Join the Sprit $9 club and you can fly out of AC for $29 or less if your dates are flexible. As stated, Sprit does runs all year out of AC to FLL and Miami.

If possible - I would pay the difference and take the 7 night - will give you far more choices. HAVE FUN

Hi everyone!

Beth

Can I be your best friend........ ;)

we just did the 10 day caribbean out of ft. lauderdale on the constellation. Great cruise.

we have done the canada/new england cruise out of Bayonne. Get an inside room and extend the 5 days to the 14. You won't be sorry. I think it was around $2200 for 2 with an inside room.

thanks all!

Beth

This must be Century out of Miami.

Hi everyone!

Beth

Hello we sailed on the Constellation out of New Jersey in October. It was a 12 day sailing to the caribbean and was absolutely wonderful. We booked a gty balcony and got upgraded to a concierge class. You will love Celebrity.

take care and congradulations

Claudette

beth congratulations!

i hate being the downer here but i just want you to get the details and amount the prize is worth You have to pay taxes on this prize and sometimes the amount they say the prize is worth can make the tax bite very high. I have won some prizes (like a weekend trip to LA and movie premeire/hotel and limo they stated was worth $4000 and the tax bite was going to be almost $1000..I of course did NOT take the trip)

My accountant explained that these type of wins cannot be offset with losses like lottery tickets etc.

Hope you have a fantastic time.

*sweet*

Congratulations on your win and have fun on your cruise!!! You will have so much fun.

The Constellation was our first cruise many years ago out of San Juan. We still love her...she is classy and beautiful,

DH won a sales contest at work in 2008 which was a free 7 night cruise on Carnival Freedom with a balcony cabin (which was good since we only book balconies). When I say free...it was free...air, tips, all alcohol, and all excursions. We only had to pay for spa treatments and souvenirs. We had such a great time!!!!

BTW, we were taxed on the cost of our cabins only which was completely fair given the amount of Martini's we consumed in 1 week:D

beth congratulations!

i hate being the downer here but i just want you to get the details and amount the prize is worth You have to pay taxes on this prize and sometimes the amount they say the prize is worth can make the tax bite very high. I have won some prizes (like a weekend trip to LA and movie premeire/hotel and limo they stated was worth $4000 and the tax bite was going to be almost $1000..I of course did NOT take the trip)

My accountant explained that these type of wins cannot be offset with losses like lottery tickets etc.

Hope you have a fantastic time.

*sweet*

That really is a bummer.I have a question off topic .

How come every time you hear someone say"I hate being a downer" they go ahead and do what they claim to hate? Are they all masochists?

It's just like one of my pet peeves.When someone says "Don't take this the wrong way but..." you know that in a few seconds smoke will be coming out of your ears.

A similar expression is,"I don't mean to be critical but..."Then the person goes on to be most critical. Nothing good ever follows.

It's like having a 60 Minutes crew show up at your office in the morning...you know it's not going to be a good day.

How about,"This may not be any of my business,but..." Well if you don't think it's your business,just shut up.

Not much happiness follows these "buts"

So I don't mean to be critical,Sweetair,but... : )

Archived