Won a Celebrity cruise!

Beth AC

hey no problem drfun... Ok maybe i should have just stated: you may not know this about being taxed on your winning cruise so heres the deal...blah blah blah Check with your accountant.

Is that stated betterer? :D

Good news for me- all tax and transfers ARE INCLUDED with this package!!! I called and got all the info. I can upgrade to a 7-night and additional person for very little! I can not downgrade, so looks like I'm stuck with a balcony! (Oh boo hoo!)

So many to choose from!!

Any thoughts on the Summit?

Beth

When they said that 'all taxes and transfers are included" they may have been referring to sales tax, port taxes, etc. There is also your personal income tax liability. Very seldom can you find a prize where that tax is included. AFAIK you need to report this prize on your income tax return and pay income tax on its value.

Good news for me- all tax and transfers ARE INCLUDED with this package!!! I called and got all the info. I can upgrade to a 7-night and additional person for very little! I can not downgrade, so looks like I'm stuck with a balcony! (Oh boo hoo!)

So many to choose from!!

Any thoughts on the Summit?

Beth

Summit's a great ship; I really enjoyed our cruise on her.

Archived