formal nights scheduling

astrocat

Formal nights .. how do you tell when these are scheduled for on your cruise? We're booked to leave Barcelona on Summit 3 June .. have already booked 2 nights at Normandie which will be lovely. But what if they clash wiht the formal nights? Will we miss anything in the main dining room ...

Formal nights .. how do you tell when these are scheduled for on your cruise? We're booked to leave Barcelona on Summit 3 June .. have already booked 2 nights at Normandie which will be lovely. But what if they clash wiht the formal nights? Will we miss anything in the main dining room ...

If it's a formal night and you are booked into the Normandie, then it will be formal night there too, probably more so..

I asked this same question. I was told first formal night is always the first sea day and the second is determined by the ship staff.

Somehow, I don't remember the first sea day being a formal dinner on our Galaxy cruise because we were without our luggage--something I would have remembered. But I have been told repeatedly it is the first sea day.

I asked this same question. I was told first formal night is always the first sea day and the second is determined by the ship staff.

Somehow, I don't remember the first sea day being a formal dinner on our Galaxy cruise because we were without our luggage--something I would have remembered. But I have been told repeatedly it is the first sea day.

Although they try to have the formal days on at sea days, that is not always the rule. More likely than not the first formal will be the second day of the cruise..Second formal will not be the last night of the cruise...

They do try to schedule formal nights on sea days but this is not written in cement......

The first sea "day" is not the day you leave port.....thus no luggage. But you should have your luggage by bedtime the first night. If not - it's lost :eek:

NPS001 - Jojop has called on our cruise for us.....Tuesday (our first sea day) will be our first formal and then the second will be determined on the cruise. Since we have 2 other sea days it seems like they could schedule them then.....we'll see

To clear things---the first sea day was the second day of the cruise. Sadly, our luggage was still in Orlando and didn't make it to us until our first port day. I know X offered complimentary tuxes but we didn't have to accept as we got our luggage before the formal night.

To clear things---the first sea day was the second day of the cruise. Sadly, our luggage was still in Orlando and didn't make it to us until our first port day. I know X offered complimentary tuxes but we didn't have to accept as we got our luggage before the formal night.

OH NO..... everyones worst nightmare ( well maybe second as missing the ship completely would be the worst) :(

Hi there. We are also booked on this cruise....still have to book our excursions! Hopefully we can find out when our formal nights are, might help with planning. We have booked Normandy on the 10th of June, to celebrate our 25th anniversary, hoping that doesn't take away from a formal night, but we've heard the Normandy is extra special anyway.

Looking forward to seeing you on board ship, Dentalcruiser .. although ironically that night is not one of the ones we have booked at Normandie!

We have taken care of our dining but no shore excusions yet either .. we prob wont do much in Rome or Florence as we have visited previously and are going to be in Rome for 5 days after the cruise so may as well save our $$$ til then!

Anyway, thanks to all for their help on this post .. and in any event, every night will be a special one aboard the Summit, I am sure! ;)

Archived