Port Everglades parking, questions

bobs1016

I booked a cruise on September 6 on the Freedom and will be driving to the port. I was wondering about parking. I have seen someone mention 20 dollars at the port and others 15. I don't know which is true, or if they are raising their rates.

I found the Broward County information link below which says 15.

http://www.broward.org/port/cruise_passengerinfo_parking.htm

I also, was looking at some of the private firms nearby and was wondering if reservations are really needed if you don't park at the port. In other words, do the private parking lots fill up. ParkNFly does not give AAA discounts for reservations and only gives it for those that drive in.

Park n Fly....entrance to port also...I did make a reservation, although you don't need one but I also printed the coupon for $60 for the week...when I checked out they only charged me $51....great price for a week...don't pay $15 a day, that is crazy!

I know this may be a dumb question but how do you get from the parking area to the cruise terminal and visa versa..... :o

If you park at the port, you simply walk across the street. If you park offsite, you drag your luggage onto a shuttle when it arrives....or take a cab if it doesn't.

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

I booked a cruise on September 6 on the Freedom and will be driving to the port. I was wondering about parking. I have seen someone mention 20 dollars at the port and others 15. I don't know which is true, or if they are raising their rates.

I found the Broward County information link below which says 15.

http://www.broward.org/port/cruise_passengerinfo_parking.htm

I also, was looking at some of the private firms nearby and was wondering if reservations are really needed if you don't park at the port. In other words, do the private parking lots fill up. ParkNFly does not give AAA discounts for reservations and only gives it for those that drive in.

$20/day would be at Port of Miami...:( They basically can charge whatever the market will bear; there's little alternative parking for POM.

Port Everglades now charges $15/day, it was $12 until a few years ago IIRC. They at least have some competition.

We' use PnF for our airport parking almost exclusively, never had a complaint. However, a couple years ago we tried PnF for a cruise the week before Christmas...it was a complete nightmare. 11 or 12 ships in port that same day; the onsite port parking was rumored to be completely full. PnF was completely overwhelmed and the shuttles couldn't get back & forth from the cruise terminals in a timely manner due to port traffic. Several fistfights nearly broke out, and some groups literally called a cab because they were running so short on time. When we finally got picked up by a shuttle van, nearly 3 hours had elapsed from the time we parked to the time the van finally made it to our row. It's not always this crazy, but if you're cruising during a particularly busy period, leave plenty of time if you park offsite. We haven't tried Park n' Go yet; it's a new place just up the road from PnF so they're both about the same distance from the port.

If you're planning to stay overnight at a local hotel, check with the hotel to see if they have a stay/park package.

Archived