well im back from cruising

thied

Hi Evon

Hope I enjoy it as much as you guys all did!! Promise to bring back any goss with me hehe. No im hoping its all smooth sailing, so to speak.:D

Liz

I'm looking forward to reading all your goss, just try not to be in too much with all your stirring. :eek: You've been a naughty cheeky girl on here lately haven't you? :p Thanks for the entertainment. :eek:

Actually while you're on there can you sort out this ANYTIME DINING dilema everyone seems to be having, get the low down on it, educate the staff and have it fixed for my September cruise. Cool Thanks. ;)

Cheers

Jingles.:)

We found that the Anytime Dining worked well on the Pacific Dawn. The available times were anywhere from 5.30pm through to 6.30pm, then 8pm or later. The flexibiity from 5.30 to 6.30 allowed us to go early if we wanted to go to the 7.30pm show, or go closer to 6.30 if that suited us on occasions.

The Executive Chef told us that the Anytime Dining was easier for the kitchen then the traditional dining. They could keep a flow-through of batches of ten of each dish rather than needing to have a large number ready all at the same time.

If there are difficulties with Anytime Dining on the Pacific Sun, it could be because the staff are still getting used to the system.:)

Evon.

hey Thied, how did you manage to get a tour of the bridge and how many people were on the tour

ross

we got it because one the captian was realy very good best we have ever seen, two because our son is 2.5 yrs old and was the youngest child with the most cruises on the ship. im not saying he was the youngest on the ship, thats what we were told any way.

We found that the Anytime Dining worked well on the Pacific Dawn. The available times were anywhere from 5.30pm through to 6.30pm, then 8pm or later. The flexibiity from 5.30 to 6.30 allowed us to go early if we wanted to go to the 7.30pm show, or go closer to 6.30 if that suited us on occasions.

The Executive Chef told us that the Anytime Dining was easier for the kitchen then the traditional dining. They could keep a flow-through of batches of ten of each dish rather than needing to have a large number ready all at the same time.

If there are difficulties with Anytime Dining on the Pacific Sun, it could be because the staff are still getting used to the system.:)

Evon.

we didnt like anytime dinning, Craig Hammend the matrea d was telling us that he didnt like it much it as made a lot more work for them as with fixed time dinning they only had to make the tables up twicw not 3 or 4 times and had to have more staff at from deck to tell people which table they are at all the time, and allways a line up to get in as well , we only had these problem the first night after that we just walked in to the same table at the same time each night and as we left we just told them same again thanks all good Craig has done anytime dinning on a few other cruise lines and still dos not like it. by the way we only have 3 courses now not 4 and as you all now we 2 formal nights one is cocktails with the captian and the other is the captians club, but there is no cocktails with the captian so having 2 formal nights one is only to have photos taken only more $ i would for photo company a couple of them were having a wing about it because a lot of people didnt dress up.

because a lot of people didnt dress up.

Well thats their choice.

I actually go on a cruise,

and enjoy Formal Night,

because I dont get the chance to

"dress up at home"

and to me its lots of fun

...for that night..

I REALLY ENJOY IT.

To each his own.

Well thats their choice.

and enjoy Formal Night,

"dress up at home"

...for that night..

I REALLY ENJOY IT.

To each his own.

no about braking down

Well thats their choice.

and enjoy Formal Night,

"dress up at home"

...for that night..

I REALLY ENJOY IT.

To each his own.

yes we are the same love it

Do you think they will offer us any kind of refund? or do they think that $50 OBC is enough?

Lilly

a few of us emailed P&O and are awaiting to see what they say

Hi Thied,lilly etc Sorry I wasn't able to come to your meet and greet on the cruise,but I see from Thied's review that we were all doing the same things most of the time.One of our group won the best dressed female on the western night.:) We also won a lot of the sports quizzes in the sports bar:) There were six of us in our group and we all enjoyed most of the cruise.We were dissappointed that we were so late into Noumea but having been there before on a previous cruise we weren't as upset as some others on their first cruise .:( We understand that P and O cannot control the weather.Having said that we were very dissappointed not to have made Suva.I had an aunt that I hadn't seen for 20years waiting for us.They had planned a big reunuin for us.That was the reason we chose this cruise!!:(I would have understood if it was all the weathers fault,but when you dont get there because of mechanical failure that is a different story.:mad: What email address do you use to send a complaint to P and O?

Hi Thied,lilly etc Sorry I wasn't able to come to your meet and greet on the cruise,but I see from Thied's review that we were all doing the same things most of the time.One of our group won the best dressed female on the western night.:) We also won a lot of the sports quizzes in the sports bar:) There were six of us in our group and we all enjoyed most of the cruise.We were dissappointed that we were so late into Noumea but having been there before on a previous cruise we weren't as upset as some others on their first cruise .:( We understand that P and O cannot control the weather.Having said that we were very dissappointed not to have made Suva.I had an aunt that I hadn't seen for 20years waiting for us.They had planned a big reunuin for us.That was the reason we chose this cruise!!:(I would have understood if it was all the weathers fault,but when you dont get there because of mechanical failure that is a different story.:mad: What email address do you use to send a complaint to P and O?

did you go to the first day of horse racing ?

I really dont remember .They we all kids in the first few races weren't they? I did watch your boat sail in the scrapheap callenge.You did a great job .I have some great photos it!!!

horse one jockies name was jack and 2 yr old and horse one won the race

Yes I do remember the little boy now,wasn't his name Jack???and i know it won because i bet on it.Are you talking about the last race that the Mad Hatter's horse won???

yes you i didnt go to meet the ccs as we had some thing we had to do but i meet nigel and betty at the races and you have known jack by the end of the cruise

It does seem like we all enjoyed the same things on the cruise.As I said before,mostly we had a great time.Plenty of things to keep us busy,loved the shows etc,but still unhappy about Suva! I dont really think $50 compensates for it

I really dont remember .They we all kids in the first few races weren't they? I did watch your boat sail in the scrapheap callenge.You did a great job .I have some great photos it!!!

would you like to port some of pics you took of our boat as we are having trouble with camrea atm

Archived