Teens who have cruised Celebrity

cdnliving

We are considering a Celebrity Cruise for the Canadian March break and have two teens. We would love to hear about your experience... How did you enjoy it? What did you do on board? How did you find the entertainment? Did you find the ship family/teen friendly? How did it rank with other cruiselines you may have been on? Thanks for sharing your thoughts/experiences.

We are considering a Celebrity Cruise for the Canadian March break and have two teens. We would love to hear about your experience... How did you enjoy it? What did you do on board? How did you find the entertainment? Did you find the ship family/teen friendly? How did it rank with other cruiselines you may have been on? Thanks for sharing your thoughts/experiences.

Well I'm 15 and maybe not the best teen to answer your question since I never liked to use the kids/teen programs in both ships and hotels :p Especially now that I live half a year without my parents always when we cruise they just got back from a long time away so I wanna spend my time with them....

About the ship I really enjoyed it...have to confess I was afraid that there would be so many older people but found several couples in their 20s, 30s, and 40s also in Honeymoons, Birthdays, or Anniversary cruises....not that many kids/teens comparing to Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruises but there were some....If your teens like to go on the teens programs they should not be bored and if they just like to independently enjoy the ship they will have an even better experience

We did the Solstice last week and X for the first time and loved everything...the ship...food...service....and also the shows are awesome on the Solstice....I don't know about other ship thou :confused:

It is a different type of ship....we enjoy the adventure of being on a RCI ship with surfing, rock climbing, etc. but we also like the quiet places to relax like the Solarium and the Viking Crown Lounge where you can just relax and watch the ocean and the Solstice is these two last ones on the entire ship....no announcements every 5 minutes...always live music...and perfect food and service...and remember you can have adventure outside the ship just like a jet ski ride in St. Maaten and the longest zipline in Labadee just like I did last week....

SO...we loved X and are looking forward to book a S- Class and/or M-Class cruise for next year :cool:

I hope I helped you and also will post my entire review of the Solstice in the next couple days with lots of pictures and in depth thoughts about this ship that was the best we've been to :)

I'm a teen and I absolutely LOVE Celebrity! I have been cruising with them since I was very young (1.5 years old) and they have always treated me really well. The staff can't do enough for kids and teens, whether it's the waiters in the dining room or the counselors in the clubs. They all are really awesome and provide great service.

Celebrity ships aren't geared towards families the way Royal's are, with rock climbing and flowriders and stuff, but they do have nice teen (and kids) clubs. They have some fun activities for the younger kids and cool stuff for the teens to do, hangout, etc. The counselors are all really nice and are always around to suggest something to do or just hang out. As for what I do onboard, I either spend time in the teen club or meet up with friends. If there's an adult activity I'm interested in, I check it out too or I just relax and hang out by the pool. The entertainment at night is pretty good, the shows and comedians are always fun to watch. Sometimes the teens will have private dances in the clubs onboard at night, too.

Now, Celebrity usually has less kids than other lines like Royal or Carnival, but I don't mind - in fact, I like it a lot! You're not as overwhelmed by wild teens (which is annoying even as a teen :rolleyes:). That being said, the passengers are not that old, like some say. But I will tell you that you will find a good amount of kids during March, that is spring break time for most US schools. I've been on 4 other lines and say Celebrity's program is the best. My last cruise was a Princess one and the program was not as good, plus the counselors had serious attitudes. Almost everyone stopped going to the program because it was so poor. So at night some of the teens basically ran amok because there was no youth security. It was really annoying.

I hope that helps you in making your decision to try Celebrity! Cruises are a great vacation and it's fun to have the freedom to try out all the ship has to offer. Personally I think your teens will enjoy it a lot, they'll make some friends and hang out in the clubs or on the ship and they'll have a fun time. :)

I hope I helped you and also will post my entire review of the Solstice in the next couple days with lots of pictures and in depth thoughts about this ship that was the best we've been to :)

Hi RicardoC, I look forward to your Solstice review and pics - hope to see it soon! (from another teen).

I'm a teen and I absolutely LOVE Celebrity! I have been cruising with them since I was very young (1.5 years old) and they have always treated me really well. The staff can't do enough for kids and teens, whether it's the waiters in the dining room or the counselors in the clubs. They all are really awesome and provide great service.

Celebrity ships aren't geared towards families the way Royal's are, with rock climbing and flowriders and stuff, but they do have nice teen (and kids) clubs. They have some fun activities for the younger kids and cool stuff for the teens to do, hangout, etc. The counselors are all really nice and are always around to suggest something to do or just hang out. As for what I do onboard, I either spend time in the teen club or meet up with friends. If there's an adult activity I'm interested in, I check it out too or I just relax and hang out by the pool. The entertainment at night is pretty good, the shows and comedians are always fun to watch. Sometimes the teens will have private dances in the clubs onboard at night, too.

Now, Celebrity usually has less kids than other lines like Royal or Carnival, but I don't mind - in fact, I like it a lot! You're not as overwhelmed by wild teens (which is annoying even as a teen :rolleyes:). That being said, the passengers are not that old, like some say. But I will tell you that you will find a good amount of kids during March, that is spring break time for most US schools. I've been on 4 other lines and say Celebrity's program is the best. My last cruise was a Princess one and the program was not as good, plus the counselors had serious attitudes. Almost everyone stopped going to the program because it was so poor. So at night some of the teens basically ran amok because there was no youth security. It was really annoying.

I hope that helps you in making your decision to try Celebrity! Cruises are a great vacation and it's fun to have the freedom to try out all the ship has to offer. Personally I think your teens will enjoy it a lot, they'll make some friends and hang out in the clubs or on the ship and they'll have a fun time. :)

Hi RicardoC, I look forward to your Solstice review and pics - hope to see it soon! (from another teen).

It's good to see how other teens also like X....even my adult friends from the RCI Forum told me "Oh yes the Solstice looks good but I would kill myself on a X ship...they are so bored" but its actually pretty cool...the ships are awesome(especially the newest) and even the older people were so cool and always dancing and laughing(there exceptions as always but most were awesome!) and as you said there are othe rages also....Yep I migh do a slideshow withmy pictures and songs....but am almost done with the review :cool:

It's good to see how other teens also like X....even my adult friends from the RCI Forum told me "Oh yes the Solstice looks good but I would kill myself on a X ship...they are so bored" but its actually pretty cool...the ships are awesome(especially the newest) and even the older people were so cool and always dancing and laughing(there exceptions as always but most were awesome!) and as you said there are othe rages also....Yep I migh do a slideshow withmy pictures and songs....but am almost done with the review :cool:

Very interesting (about the adults on the RCI board). I think X gets a bad rap for being "boring" when there's actually a decent amount of activities and fun people aboard. It's not crazy like Carnival, of course not, but it's fun in its own way ;) There is definitely a range of ages on Celebrity, I think that sometimes gets missed on this board. I know I would sail Celebrity over any other line, and I'm wayyy out of their target passenger idea!

Cool, looking forward to your review a lot. :cool: I loved the Solstice (shes just so gorgeous, the most beautiful ship I've ever been on!) so I'm eager to see a pic review :D

Very interesting (about the adults on the RCI board). I think X gets a bad rap for being "boring" when there's actually a decent amount of activities and fun people aboard. It's not crazy like Carnival, of course not, but it's fun in its own way There is definitely a range of ages on Celebrity, I think that sometimes gets missed on this board. I know I would sail Celebrity over any other line, and I'm wayyy out of their target passenger idea!

Cool, looking forward to your review a lot. I loved the Solstice (shes just so gorgeous, the most beautiful ship I've ever been on!) so I'm eager to see a pic review

Yep I was afraid we would be bored but we actually had so much fun and also relaxed...loved the Solarium with those lounge chairs(the round ones by the hot tubs :cool:....and the ship really impressed us...I don't know if all the X ships have that modern design with live plants but I already knew it would be a different ship than those we've been to by the pictures but live is different....when you're actuallt there it's 100 times better :D Yep I'll try to finish the review by this evening...have easter lunch here...then homework :mad:....and after that will work on the review :rolleyes:

HI

i am 13 and love celebrity!! i never really did the programs to much because there are things on a cruise you can't do at home. the kids club is sort of like a day care program. you love it or hate it!:D celebrity ships are by no means boring!

have any specific Questions just ask!:)

Thankyou guys for the awesome replies. I really appreciate your taking the time! I have a few more specific questions for you, if you wouldn't mind answering.... Like many of you have said, my kids are more interested in meeing some friends to hang with rather than doing organized activities....what are some of the things you did with your new found friends on the Celebrity cruises? How many other teens did you sail with? I am sure my daughter whose 15 will want to add to my list of questions later, once she's finished her homework. Thanks again for all your help!! X sounds great.

I have been digging around for information regarding the teen program on X, and I found this site http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Celebrity%20X/

which lists daily activities for teens from an X cruise. Sounds pretty cool with activities like guitar hero, apples to apples, among many others.

I found it on the family cruise section of this board, posted by "Cruisinmama06".

What Celebrity ship are you considering for March Break....we have 1 (maybe 2) teens going with us on the Century on March 15, 2010 for a 5 night cruise (spending 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale on the beach prior to this sailing for some beach time.

Yep I was afraid we would be bored but we actually had so much fun and also relaxed...loved the Solarium with those lounge chairs(the round ones by the hot tubs :cool:....and the ship really impressed us...I don't know if all the X ships have that modern design with live plants but I already knew it would be a different ship than those we've been to by the pictures but live is different....when you're actuallt there it's 100 times better :D Yep I'll try to finish the review by this evening...have easter lunch here...then homework :mad:....and after that will work on the review

Yeah, the Solstice solarium is gorgeous. The cabana chairs are nice, but I liked the hammocks the best - sooo different than what you'd normally see on a ship! The solarium could use a heated pool though - it was cooooold! :p

Solstice is the only X ship to have the live tree in the atrium (and the crew is very proud of it, you can tell). Solstice is just a really special ship...she looks so pretty in pictures, and then 1000x better when you actually see it in person.

Is there really an age limit for the arcade area on Solstice? I was really hoping it would be open for our adult teen age children we are taking??

Nope, no age limit! Enjoy! :)

Our son cruised with us twice on Century and once on Mercury. He enjyed cruise overall and met many new friends, but thought that teen program was somewhat lacking comparing to RCCL and other mass market lines. Activities ended too early.

Yeah, the Solstice solarium is gorgeous. The cabana chairs are nice, but I liked the hammocks the best - sooo different than what you'd normally see on a ship! The solarium could use a heated pool though - it was cooooold! :p

Nope, no age limit! Enjoy! :)

Hang on a tick ... I thought the Solarium WAS one of the places with ages restrictions... Like adults only ? I wouldnt mind if the odd older well behaved kid was permitted entry. Will keep my 12 year old DS happy !

Still hoping to hear from some teens about the number of teens you cruised with and what you enjoyed doing on the ship with your friends.

Also, what was the "vibe" of the ship like? Thanks...

just off the Summit today. As a matter of fact still in San Juan. I was very concerned about my 4 preteens/teens and whether or not there would be enough to do....SILLY ME! All of my children said it was the best cruise ever. They met friends, played basketball, played chess, went to the arcade, played WII, hung in the teen tower, played ping pong, hung in the pool.... etc. They, like the teens on this board, rather liked the non craziness of it and the lack of lines and waiting..... We will be on Celebrity again!

Hang on a tick ... I thought the Solarium WAS one of the places with ages restrictions... Like adults only ? I wouldnt mind if the odd older well behaved kid was permitted entry. Will keep my 12 year old DS happy !

I think you might have been confused while quoting my post - I said the arcade had no age restrictions, not the Solarium. The Solarium is supposed to be for those 16 and up. I'm 15 and no one said a word about my being there. No flames please... I "behave myself" and just chill (literally, the pool was very chilly, lol :p) Also, I didn't see any younger kids (or teens) in there on my cruise.

Still hoping to hear from some teens about the number of teens you cruised with and what you enjoyed doing on the ship with your friends.

Also, what was the "vibe" of the ship like? Thanks...

OP, Im really not sure what you're looking for here. Teens just hang out, really. We play basketball, go to the pool, eat a lot (pizza, afternoon tea at the buffet, ice cream - food alllll the time), play board games or ping pong or video games, stuff like that. I've been on cruises with a handful of teens up to a few hundred teens and they all pretty much act the same. Less teens is sometimes better...the counselors have more time for everyone, they do different activities, stuff like that. more teens can be more wild, but I've only seen that on a princess cruise tbh ;) I don't really get what you mean by vibe of the ship, but Celebrity as a cruise line is pretty laid back and focused on a more upscale cruise experience...not a wild party or anything like that.

I think you might have been confused while quoting my post - I said the arcade had no age restrictions, not the Solarium. The Solarium is supposed to be for those 16 and up. I'm 15 and no one said a word about my being there. No flames please... I "behave myself" and just chill (literally, the pool was very chilly, lol :p) Also, I didn't see any younger kids (or teens) in there on my cruise.

Same here....was always a calm and well begaved kid/teen so never really had a problem in the Solarium which is always our favorite pool on ships....I know some adults think even If we don't do anything teens under 16 should not be there but it is stupid....I just like to lay back...relax...listen to music...sleep....:cool:....I guess they just put an age limit to control so they won't have kids splashing on the pool an/or screaming with other kids.....besides that they wont bother someone sleeping...even with 14, 15 years old :)

Archived