Coco Cay questions???

We are sailing on Majesty of the Seas on the May 11th sailing. Our family is going with us, including my dad who is 80. I have some questions....

1. Can you just rent snorkle equipment for the day, or do you have to do the excursion with the tour?

2. Can you bring your own snorkel equipment?

3. Also, are there places where you can purchase snorkel stuff on Nassau? We don't need fancy stuff, just something to get by with, and are looking at saving suitcase room.

4. I have a 16 yo son who is never full, so am wondering if there is food available all the time on that island, or just the barbeque? Doesn't seem to be able to go more than an hour or two w/o food it seems lately.

5. Can you use your soda card on the island?

6. Are there plenty of chairs and hammocks on shore and is there a lot of shaded areas to sit?

Thanks for your help

we are sailing on majesty of the seas on the may 11th sailing. Our family is going with us, including my dad who is 80. I have some questions....

1. Can you just rent snorkle equipment for the day, or do you have to do the excursion with the tour? Yes, rent for the day, go on your own

2. Can you bring your own snorkel equipment? Yes, but you must have a blow up life jacket thingy. You can rent just that for 5 bucks

3. Also, are there places where you can purchase snorkel stuff on nassau? We don't need fancy stuff, just something to get by with, and are looking at saving suitcase room.

Never been, i would assume so

4. I have a 16 yo son who is never full, so am wondering if there is food available all the time on that island, or just the barbeque? Doesn't seem to be able to go more than an hour or two w/o food it seems lately. I think food was available all the time we were there, not sure

5. Can you use your soda card on the island? Not sure

6. Are there plenty of chairs and hammocks on shore and is there a lot of shaded areas to sit? Yes, the hammock area is awesome! Have fun

thanks for your help

you can rent without going with a group.

You can use your own but must have/rent a blow up life jacket

hammocks are awesome

i think some food was available at all times

not sure on the rest

We are sailing on Majesty of the Seas on the May 11th sailing. Our family is going with us, including my dad who is 80. I have some questions....

1. Can you just rent snorkle equipment for the day, or do you have to do the excursion with the tour?

2. Can you bring your own snorkel equipment?

3. Also, are there places where you can purchase snorkel stuff on Nassau? We don't need fancy stuff, just something to get by with, and are looking at saving suitcase room.

4. I have a 16 yo son who is never full, so am wondering if there is food available all the time on that island, or just the barbeque? Doesn't seem to be able to go more than an hour or two w/o food it seems lately.

5. Can you use your soda card on the island?

6. Are there plenty of chairs and hammocks on shore and is there a lot of shaded areas to sit?

Thanks for your help

cococay is a private island there is no food or drinks on it except what is brought by the ship. the first tender boat takes the food and drinks to the island. Then RCL staffs the food and beverage huts.

You can rent snorkle gear there. the ship goes tothe island first so Nassau won't help

Don't know about the drink card but i would think you could. Hope this helps

I don't remember any food being available until the bbq opened up at 11:30.

There were tons of chairs in the area I sat. Tons. About 4 hammocks (which are INCREDIBLY comfortable).

If you want bar drinks, you use your seapass card (not that you asked, lol).

I don't remember much shade.

I can't IMAGINE they'd stop you from walking into the water with your own snorkel gear.

No one forced us to wear snorkel vests on Coco Cay(pronouned Key) we brought our own snorkel equipment and snorkeled the whole day sans vest. I believe you are only required to wear a vest if you rent their equipment.

Archived