weird in roll call....

How far away from sailing are you? The farther away you are, the less people will be on the roll call. Don't worry, it'll pick up eventually. If it doesn't, just remember, there'll be lots of people on the ship for you to hang out with!! :D

Not to worry! It's still 6 mos. out. Don't give up, and post once and a while to keep it on the first page. Someone is bound to reply. Make sure someone else hasn't started one, also. If so, don't let your pride keep you from joining up with them. ;)

For our last cruise, I started two roll calls. The first one went off into cyberspace it was on there so long. Then someone else started one and it was the one that rolled. Only one couple showed up for the meet and greet onboard though. :(

Sewut

i went there all exccited to see who else was going to be on our valor sailing 10/04/2009 and there was no post at all..

so i started one and there has been no response!!

how weird is that ????? im so bummed

Don't think much of it, we leave in June I've started a roll call two different times with not very many responses each time, and finally the roll call disappeared. And even the newest one has only about 36 post. My last Conquest cruise we had over two hundred post on our roll call. But don't worry it will pick up as time gets closer.:)

the roll call for our february 2010 cruise has 60 pages and almost 1200 posts, its still ten months away. but our last one for the valor had only about four or five poeple on it up until the last two months.

My roll call for my Victory cruise last month was huge. We had a blast with it. Our roll call for our October Freedom cruise has been plowing right along for months already. Numerous people post every day and our list has already gotten quite big and that one is still 6 months away. Now our next cruise is on the Fascination in June and it is dead. I think four people have responded and it was just to say "yea, we are on this cruise too". It is kind of a bummer since the last one was so much fun. I chalk a lot of it up to the time of year and the fact that we will most likely be cruising with a lot of families. Also it is a 5 day cruise and I think people tend to book those closer to the actual date.

I love the roll calls... Even on the ones I've posted that are small... I've always made friends!! I have one for January 2010 where no one else has posted... but that's OK... I know I will get some others...

Kep on peeking in on it... Post howmany more sail aways there are till yours... Keep it alive...

Good things are worth the wait!!! :)

HAPPY CRUISING and be sure to come back and tell us how it was!!!!

;)I posted something similar, lol. They said No Worries, it will pick up. So as it stands right now Ive been talking to myself! But thats ok, as long as I dont start talking back,lol. But maybe I am.....

Join the Whale Tail CLUB!!! Its free!!!:D

Last years RC thread was pretty dead. Think we had under 10 posts. This years is even worse with 3 posts and 2 are mine LOL

Not a big deal since I probably wouldn't attend a meet and greet, seems funny that I pick the sailings with dead RCs though.

The roll call for our next cruise (in 2 weeks:D) only has about 230 posts and has been going for over a year.

We have a cruise is September that has about 100 posts since it started last September.

Our November cruise has 5 posts. 4 from us and 1 from somebody sailing the week before on the same ship:rolleyes:

Didn't somebody say:

Roll calls are like a box of chocolate. You never know what you'll get.

We had one roll call that started about 16 months out and had almost 43,000 (not a typo - 43K) posts before sailing:eek:

Charlie

i went there all exccited to see who else was going to be on our valor sailing 10/04/2009 and there was no post at all..

so i started one and there has been no response!!

how weird is that ????? im so bummed

I did the same for 8/20/09 Inspiration. No response. I guess I have the ship to myself! It's also a very inexpensive time, rates the week before and after are higher. I'm thinking a lot of schools start about then.

For our last cruise, I started two roll calls. The first one went off into cyberspace it was on there so long. Then someone else started one and it was the one that rolled. Only one couple showed up for the meet and greet onboard though. :(

Sewut

So many chatty cathy's on line and then no one or only one shows up! That drives me crazy. I took my kids to a roll call on RCL and about 18 people showed. RCL does a little presentation and a drawing. NOT ONE person spoke to anyone who was not with their own party and when I tried they acted like they couldn't hear. Very odd. My kids swore off the meet and greets from then on. I can't blame them.

So many chatty cathy's on line and then no one or only one shows up! That drives me crazy. I took my kids to a roll call on RCL and about 18 people showed. RCL does a little presentation and a drawing. NOT ONE person spoke to anyone who was not with their own party and when I tried they acted like they couldn't hear. Very odd. My kids swore off the meet and greets from then on. I can't blame them.

You haven't seen anything like our meet & greet will be...I ASSURE you that!;):eek::D

I guess I have been fortunate with roll calls. We had a blast with our first one, and it didn't really come alive til about 2 months before. The cruise was Nov 07 and the thread is still active with over 3000 posts (and it wasn't a group cruise...LOL!)

The Roll Call for my Sept. 7 2008 on the Carnival Valor is still very active with 6995 replies and over 62,000 views

Nov 29 2008 also very active with 5000 replies and over 41,000 views.

My Eurodam Roll Call from last month already "died"

Archived