"The Suite Life of the Dawn Queen on The Dawn Fool's Cruise 3-28-09"

cruiseguys2009

SIDE NOTE ST THOMAS:

Sidenote: Although AG Rise is the premiere place for CIG’s and Cologne/Perfume….if you are on this trip and the ship sails to St Martin or Tortola…..DON’T BUY COLOGNE OR PERFUME IN ST THOMAS. Buy Cigs only here. It is the Cheapest!

Cigs are cheapest in St Thomas…A three carton special of Marlboro Anything’s is 59.00!!!! Better than on the ship or in any port.

Stay away from Cologne/Perfume if you’re ship is going to Tortola or St Martin…buy it there.. Twice as much, for twice as less…Especially the French side of St Martin, Promise….don’t let anyone tell you different!

You will see… Example.. Bulgari Men’s Cologne: St Thomas, small bottle $58.00. Large: $72.00

Tortola: Large $68.00 Super Gigunda bottle: $75.00.…see,..the Brits and French do have better deals.

THE BIRTHDAY LUNCH:

Finally about ¾ of the way up Main Street, we had had it, SILC says “I’m kinda hungry…which means to me “I need a cocktail!”.

I start scouting….there are even Hawkers for the Bars and Restaurants! I hear about Coconuts, and Jerome and Mr. Music check it out….I am checking out the Red Parrot…not for us at that time, so I head back over to Coconuts.

I meet up with the two of them coming out the door….frightful looks on their face….”Well, they do have a table for four”….(we are six) says Mr. Music….Jerome says “JW, Hell No!”

As we are walking back to the main drag, the singular outdoor table of 4 at Coconuts is just getting up, “WHOA!!!!”…low and behold…the rather large guy, getting up from the table, has forgot to claim his pants stuck on the chair, and as they have obviously fallen down, and we saw “Crack”,...... Beyond Plumber’s Crack….and as he gets up from his seat….well we decided that we had already had seen too many "coconuts" that day….therefore, we would not be eating there at that table….NEXT!!!!

I don’t care at this point, I want an Frigging Bloody Mary….My finger Hurts from almost having it cut off by used car saleman jewelers, my Butt hurts from the taxi ride, I have been death clamped by an $85,000.00 ring….I want a cocktail now!!

All of the sudden, we walk one block, hear Calypso music and then see the Garden of Cocktail Eden….a Bar in the center of a shopping street….I quickly refer to my map….it’s not on there….is it a mirage? No as we get closer…it is a fabulous bar….don’t ask me the name…maybe SILC can help me here….but, I finally got my friggin BLODDY MARY! And Jerome finally got SILC Her Birthday Cocktail....rather Beer.....but she would make up for that later at the Cocktail Party.....

Honey, I would have skipped the spa to have seen all of this play out:D

Why is it that no matter where I go...even if it is to the Men's room, I have a story????? And there are witnesses!

I have a blast where ever I go....and I can always find "Funny and Joy" in every experience...I just want to take everyone with me....I have such a detailed memory that even the most mundane moment, I can turn into a funny experience...

Come with us on 3-26-09!!!! Norwegian Dawn..."The Queen's Party!"

Hi capecodmommy! We were there with JW making all the noise..lol Glad we werent bothering you! What a fun night that was. Thanks for coming on here and posting. This is so fun!

No bother! I was the one sitting closest to your group!( towards the back of the room! ( they always put baby in the corner! I had the best of both worlds! I was able to enjoy both chef's! :cool:

THE LUNCH:

Okay, after the “Garden of Eden Bar”, it led out to the Ocean side street front….when we got to the street, like angels singing “AHHHHHH!”, there was the, SILC, help me with the name, I had to go back to look it up….It’s the, ahh yes, the “Greenhouse”. There we were, cocktails in hand, arriving to an ocean front, view of our ship, restaurant, all six of us….taking over the place. Mrs. Music and I tried to arrange tables….but we got reprimanded. OHHHH, no sit there! Okay, six in the back….at least we still were in the breeze side with a window. Jeez.

As several of us smoked, I know ick, get over it….we got an ashtray.. That did not work, as the wind blew everything out of it…onto me and my lunch.

We started to get to know each other…a fabulous time….Jerome and I both enjoyed hearing about friendship “History” and glad to be a part of it now….when, you have to imagine…an open air restaurant, we have just ordered our food….when

A frigging Refrigerator Truck with fresh fish pulls up in the tiny alley right darn next to us outside our Open Air Window Seat!……

RummmmmmmRummmmmmmRummmmmm….It was soooo loud…

All during lunch… it was Say what??? Ehh? What????? Then the wonderful smell of Fresh Fish and the noise…..Hello??? Can you say Happy Friggin’ Birthday???? OY!

Just when the check came, the Refrigerator Truck finally left, yeah left us deaf!…so, it finally left…..too late, me ears were ringing( and my frigging finger throbbing from that ring incident). A Dessert happily arrived, with our checks….and we sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO SILC…..”HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO YOU!”

Guess what…Silc had lost an ear ring somewhere on the ship and was very upset as it meant a lot to her….she found a replacement at one the Hawker Jewelry Stores and showed it to us…fabulous.

Then Mr. Music showed us a beautiful charm necklace that they had purchased for their daughter, it was gorgeous…..

All the while I was thinking…“why the Frigg did I waste so much time getting that ring off“….when Jerome could have bought it for ME……Should have kept the darn thing on! Bring out the AMEX dahlink….

Hand lotion indeed!…..I’ll give you hand lotion….Hmmm, get my drift? ….I could have had that ring! Well!

Anyway, the lunch ended well, we all decided to walk back rather than take a taxi….but wait….there is someone from our ship…..they are at the other side of the restaurant…..it’s H and A!!!!! Doing the Ten Till Three, Picture, Snap...on Facebook! Ha...do I leave a legacy or what?

Side Note to photos on Face book:

The pics of me with my arms extended are called “Ten Till Three PM” (10 till 3). You will see that I started this fad from the beginning….many many passengers and friends soon adopted this stance…what would be called in my world in the last century (The 90’s darling) “FAAABULOUS!!!”

I have a Mickey Mouse Watch with the actual Arms and Hands….my favorite time is 6:30.……think, I will give you a moment….hmmmm. Got it? Where are his hands at 6:30pm.

At 10 to three, he is FAAAABULOUS!!!!! That’s where it comes from… Now you know.

The walk back to the ship and the famous The cocktail party is coming………tomorrow. Be forewarned YOU Are ALL Mentioned......Yes, Mr Accountant/Lawyer...even you....yes you reading now....oh frigg...What is He going to say...STAY TUNED....

hAPPY bIRTHDAY sAY-rAH!!!!!!

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN LEADING UP TO ALL ALONG....IT IS THE INFAMOUS "DAWN WISTERIA LANE COCKTAIL PARTY"

It was truly one of the grandest cocktail parties every thrown on a ship, and one of the best, if NOT THE Best, on the Dawn....you will not want to miss it.....

For an advance preview...check out the NCL Dawn 3-28-09 Dawn Fool's site on FB..

The Guest List:

JW

Jerome

Hugo, The Hotel Director

Shona, The Incredible Cruise Director

Ray Ray, The Fabulous Assistant Cruise Director

Jennifer Lynn, The Multi Talented "Howl at the Moon" Star

Ben, The "Leather Man" (Oh Yeah baby") "Howl at the Moon Star

Jimmy C, (20 Mule Red Bull Power) "Howl at the Moon" Star

Anoop, The Butler Extraordinaire

Anchumann, "The Legend of the Seas" our Concierge

Smookie and Boobalicious

Mz. MariniEEEE with the "Good Morning America Weatherman" Sam-Hunter

Miss Nikki and Doug with their son "bubbalicious"

Debulicuious and Sir "C"

SILC, the Birthday Girl and Mr. SILC

Canada, her "Booze" and Hubby

"H" and "A"

Gorgeous "Caroline Kennedy" with Poolside Mummy and Big "Daddy"

Gorgeous "Lawyer" and "Lurker" Wife and beautiful Daughter

The Colorado King "D" and his Wife D and wonderful "DD"

Music Man and Mrs. Music Man

"Lurker" and "Lurker's New Gorgeous Italian Husband" (I have pics!)

Black Jack and Other Half.....You Know...

If I forgot anyone......I waz drunks...add your name before I post the Cocktail party...

There were 50 people there......who am I missing.....?????

J Double U!!!????!!! Where is the next chapter??!!!?? I was at the cocktail party (and I have pics):D

I'm sitting here at 12:36am waiting for the next chapter!?!:confused:

Great review....keep it coming! We miss you guys! Please tell Jerome I said hello! Hope to see you two again soon!

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN LEADING UP TO ALL ALONG....IT IS THE INFAMOUS "DAWN WISTERIA LANE COCKTAIL PARTY"

It was truly one of the grandest cocktail parties every thrown on a ship, and one of the best, if NOT THE Best, on the Dawn....you will not want to miss it.....

For an advance preview...check out the NCL Dawn 3-28-09 Dawn Fool's site on FB..

The Guest List:

JW

Jerome

Hugo, The Hotel Director

Shona, The Incredible Cruise Director

Ray Ray, The Fabulous Assistant Cruise Director

Jennifer Lynn, The Multi Talented "Howl at the Moon" Star

Ben, The "Leather Man" (Oh Yeah baby") "Howl at the Moon Star

Jimmy C, (20 Mule Red Bull Power) "Howl at the Moon" Star

Anoop, The Butler Extraordinaire

Anchumann, "The Legend of the Seas" our Concierge

Smookie and Boobalicious

Mz. MariniEEEE with the "Good Morning America Weatherman" Sam-Hunter

Miss Nikki and Doug with their son "bubbalicious"

Debulicuious and Sir "C"

SILC, the Birthday Girl and Mr. SILC

Canada, her "Booze" and Hubby

"H" and "A"

Gorgeous "Caroline Kennedy" with Poolside Mummy and Big "Daddy"

Gorgeous "Lawyer" and "Lurker" Wife and beautiful Daughter

The Colorado King "D" and his Wife D and wonderful "DD"

Music Man and Mrs. Music Man

"Lurker" and "Lurker's New Gorgeous Italian Husband" (I have pics!)

Black Jack and Other Half.....You Know...

If I forgot anyone......I waz drunks...add your name before I post the Cocktail party...

There were 50 people there......who am I missing.....?????

Our names are there, but where did we get a son from all at once??? :confused: Bubbalicious???? Am I missing the joke or are you loosing your mind??? :eek::D

Nicky

I enjoy following your story of your cruise and look forward to seeing the pictures. I went to facebook but I am still in the beginning stages and couldn't find your page. Would you post a link to it? :o

I think it would be a blast to cruise with you all and am looking at the cruise next year. I am doing a 14 day repo cruise this fall.

I enjoy following your story of your cruise and look forward to seeing the pictures. I went to facebook but I am still in the beginning stages and couldn't find your page. Would you post a link to it? :o

I think it would be a blast to cruise with you all and am looking at the cruise next year. I am doing a 14 day repo cruise this fall.

In the "Search" area:

NCL Dawn 3-28-09 aka Dawn Fool's...that should pull it up.

Lurker wife of gorgeous lawyer here. I seriously think that description of Mike will go to his head, but that is how I think of him too.

Anyway, I just got back from LA last night at 11 pm and was exhausted from the long day of traveling when Mike told me about your long review. Although I was sad to be home from a fun trip, reading your review has just cracked me up this morning. Luckily the kids are in the kitchen playing with play dough so I was able to read these 10 pages. It was so nice to be away on the Dawn. It was a wonderful cruise. Thank goodness for the kids club so that we could get time alone. If our time alone was not so rare, we would have been partying with you all more.

Thanks again for your hospitality at your cocktail party. I think this was our 7th NCL cruise, but definitely the most fun and memorable. Anyone reading this review can see that you were the life of the party. Jerome is a lucky guy. Thanks again for posting so that we can relive this cruise.

BTW, I joined a friend on a business trip to Beverly Hills this week. Part of it included a VIP tour of Universal Studios including a drive down the real Wisteria Lane. I totally thought of you when snapping my pictures of Lynette, Bree and Gabi's houses!

I think that I may have to start going to a support group for cruise critic addicts :D You know it is bad when you bring your personal laptop to a business meeting and pay the outrageous fee to connect to the internet just so you can continue reading about cruises!!

Still working on DH to give up our Hawaii cruise and join you guys...sounds like everyone had a wonderful time!!

Archived