"The Suite Life of the Dawn Queen on The Dawn Fool's Cruise 3-28-09"

cruiseguys2009

RETURN TO THE SHIP:

After lunch we all decided to walk back to the ship instead of all cramming into that taxi again. It was a marvelous walk back around the bay where the ships were docked in the distance. Great pictures, we highly recommend it.

There is a brand new, easy access walkway with music piped in, called Yacht Haven and it looks like a Galleria outdoor Mall. It’s also the Marina for all the gorgeous sailing yachts moored in the harbor. Lots of Restaurants, free wi-fi, great shops, and eventually, the mall connects to the docks and the original Haverhill Center. We followed SILC and Mr. Silc into the shop Bliss….finally here was the expresion on her face as she was so excited. As we wanted to be surprised later at the Cocktail Party when she premiered her Birthday present, we said our “TTFN‘s” (Ta Ta For Now) and Jerome and I went off to do a bit of shopping ourselves.

We kept bumping into H and A “Stop Following Us!” , which became our mantra the rest of the cruise, as no matter where we would go, either they or us were following each other. I love H, she is truly a wonderful gal, and a lot of fun after a couple of Wisteria Lane Martini’s!!!!

Jerome and I made our way onto the gangway. I call it a Gang Plank! because the ceiling clearance was so low. You have to produce your Cruise ID and Passport to get back on, they swipe your card and then you go thru security….they take away any booze you bring on…..more about that in just a bit…

Now, as I was getting on the ship, as I said the ceiling clearance is really low, and I am tall. Fortunately there is a red padded leather bumper (I have a pair of red padded, patent oops, leather jeans too!), but I happened to be looking down getting my ID as I was walking up….Jerome says “JW, now I know you are going to hit your head, you have to…….BOOM!…..Duck. A little late with the warning Jerome, thank you very much….

Do you know what it is like to pick up the Dawn Queen on a gang plank with packages all over the place….on a gang plank no less….as his Highass stood up, I hit my head again! Geez, get it together, looking down I was horrified..."Shyte I have white shorts on!" ….(My St. Thomas “Wear”) They are black and greasy and all gross now. What a boob!

I was hysterical laughing at my clumsy self, and so was everyone else. Needless to say….everyone there already knew my name and as I went thru security How is that possible with over 2200 people on board. (I guess everyone remembers Teenie Weenie).

“Hi JW” from one Officer, “Ahh Missa J Duhbru” from another room steward, “Hey JW” from Rachel the cocktail server from Spinnakers, and the staff all were as embarrassed as I was…clumsy Queen!

Yikes, my head hurts, I can’t tell if it is the Heavenly Hangover I have had all the Cruise, or it is the BOOM! I just did…..oh well, there is a Martini in the Suite with my name on it. Either way, I am still going to have a headache I the morning.

Now I know NCL is probably watching this, and I know that if we ever go on NCL again, we will be snagged….but….when the package went thru security…..hmm, there was a little something in it….

See, I needed a mixer for the Wisteria Lane Martini’s I would be serving later that night, the recipe calls for Blue Curacao. I asked our Butler if we could get some from the bar, and he told me the price was $84.00????? Are you kidding? That was ridiculous.

Well, I found Blue Curacao in the AH Rise liquor store in town, at $6.35...yes six dollars and thirty five friggin’ cents.

Jerome went and bought me a great big liter bottle of Aquafina. Then, at the restaurant, all of us drank some of the water, watered the plants around us with the rest, then Jerome poured the Blue Curacao into the Aquafina bottle….simple.

"But JW", you say, "what if they had wanted to see the bottle….they would have known it was not water"…..au contraire mon ami…we thought of that too.

It just so happens that Kool Aid makes a blue colored blueberry drink in a small package especially made for water bottles. I have several of the little buggers in my pocket, just to prove we were drinking Kool Aid….well, if they wanted to smell it, well, it smells like Kool Aid!….it even tastes like Kool Aid, a fact I would not have minded to prove that point out to them! Thats goood, Kool Aid with a kick! Yep, Hic!

With my Head Hurting, Blue Curacao in hand, we make a mad dash for the Suite…..Cocktails are at 6 o’clock! It’s 4pm and we have to get showered and get our Cocktail Party “Wear” on! Plus, I need a cocktail now! Oh, my head hurts…..

Do you know what it is like to pick up the Dawn Queen on a gang plank with packages all over the place….on a gang plank no less….as his Highass stood up, I hit my head again! Geez, get it together, looking down I was horrified..."Shyte I have white shorts on!" ….(My St. Thomas “Wear”) They are black and greasy and all gross now. What a boob!

I was hysterical laughing at my clumsy self, and so was everyone else. Needless to say….everyone there already knew my name and as I went thru security How is that possible with over 2200 people on board. (I guess everyone remembers Teenie Weenie).

“Hi JW” from one Officer, “Ahh Missa J Duhbru” from another room steward, “Hey JW” from Rachel the cocktail server from Spinnakers, and the staff all were as embarrassed as I was…clumsy Queen!

quote]

OMG, I am crying!!! I hadn't heard about this yet! That is too funny!! you told it in a way that I could picture it!! :p Sorry for your pain but OMG, sooooo funny!!!

And the “Ahh Missa J Duhbru” cracked me up too!!!

I am home alone (Doug is bowling) and sitting here laughing out loud,..the dog laying by my feet looking at me out of the corner of his eyes with that, "what is wrong with you" look....:)

Not just “got” into a Taxi comfortably, but…

The “Taxi was a four door Ford something or other… and had those fold down seats to get into the very back. You know the kind, the kids love them…but have you ever tried to squeeze adults back there? It was a sight to see and really a memorable moment…

Silc goes in first…..I am at the other side watching…like I am going to be of help. This is a true crawl and brawl getting in…grunts and moans, she literally was almost on her stomach just to get to the back…(.I had bit my lips so hard, that later when I had a salad with vinaigrette dressing for lunch, they burned)…it was so funny!!!

Finally she’s in… and she is the BIRTHDAY GIRL…. Happy “Climb all over the place BIRTHDAY!” Then it is time for Mrs. Music….same struggle, only she has half of the room as SILC is in the other seat. Grunts, groans, ooops, lost my shoe….yikes, "hey that’s my boobie!" Finally in.

The rear seat goes back up to position and Mr. SILC climbs in, I then get in. Mr. Music takes the front seat then I close my door…well this is comfortable, I thought,…laughing to myself with the girls in the back all scrunched up….then I hear….”JW”…I turn….oh shyte….I closed the door and forgot all about Jerome….(I am in the Soup now…after 16 years? I forgot SHYTE!) I mean, I left him on the street and I was all comfortable and in the car then I forgot about him…..(I was Heavenly Hung..not responsible!)I scooted over….NOW I AM ON THE HUMP. Thank gawd I don’t have hemorrhoids! Jerome mumbled to me…”I can’t believe you left me behind…now you’re on the hump, paybacks are a biotch…..” Bumpty Bump Bump all the way into town…..

There I was, showing off my best side while wiggling and shimmying trying to get into the very back of this vehicle, and the only folks around to appreciate my best side was my best friend, 2 men who have known me for years and have seen my best side many times before, and 2 guys who couldn't have cared less about my best side! Where was the justice in that? Where were my catcalls and whistles?

Thanks for the memory, JW!

S.

Again, let me say how MUCH I HAVE ENJOYED YOUR REVIEW.....!!!sHa_clap.gifsHa_clap5.gifsHa_clap4.gifsHa_clap3.gif

I have a few questions for you. Can I ask the Concierge for copies of the weeks Dinner Menu for the Venetian? So that we know which night it would be better to dine in one of the speciality restaurants.

I know that the "Suites" have an upgraded Breakfast Menu, but, can we have Breakfast delivered from Cagney's by our Butler?

Thank You.....!!!sHa_veryhappy.gif

Hi JW and Jerome!! :)

Waiting for an update....But was able to get caught up on the review. It is wonderful and halarious!! I am enjoying every minute it. Keep it coming. You guys are the greatest.

I just want to let you All know that I spoke with Jw tonight and he has not abanonded us but he has hurt his back pretty bad and is working on getting better. On a lighter note he will be posting this weekend on the cocktail party! So put him in your prayers and check back this weekend for a fabulous review:D

I just want to let you All know that I spoke with Jw tonight and he has not abanonded us but he has hurt his back pretty bad and is working on getting better. On a lighter note he will be posting this weekend on the cocktail party! So put him in your prayers and check back this weekend for a fabulous review:D

Get well soon JW, look forward to the next segment of your review.

Archived